• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
It's a vocaloid thousands have morning woods for.

No anime.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote
And that one specifically would be Megurine Luka.
Tris8

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
What is the song that begins 20 minutes in to Princess Tutu's 7th ep*? It starts at spoiler[Princess Krahe's first entrance]. I listened to most of the songs on this OST playlist but didn't find it. I probably just overlooked it. If anyone knows what it is, it'd be great if you could tell me. Thanks!

*spoiler-ish, don't click if you haven't seen
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Is it the piano piece you're looking for? It's Gymnopedies 1 or 3 by Eric Satie. It's hard to tell which one it is, they sound really similar. You should definitely look into getting the DVD set, they have a segment on each disc that tells you some of the music used.
Tris8

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Gymnopedies 1 is it, thank you!! I actually do own the DVDs, the 2nd stackpak set. One of these days I'm going to track down the singles, hate the stupid stackpak. I had no idea tho that they have segments on the music! I'll go check that out. Thanks again.
Philmister978

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:09 am Reply with quote
This one's been bothering me for a while now, but does anyone know who this character is and where she's from?

TayyabZERO

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
TayyabZERO wrote:

It's ep 2 of Stringendo
wesyeed

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Got a question for ya. Been looking for that funny asian commercial where this little girl always makes a goofy face at her father. If anyone can point me to it, it'd be much appreciated.. Cool
SouthParkboy

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:49 am Reply with quote
Hey I have good questions. How come Hayao Miyazaki and Yoshiyuki Tomino are not members of the JAniCa (The Japanese Animation Creators Association)? What does Toyoo Ashida think of Hayao Miyazaki & Isao Takahata and how come his studio Studio Live doesn't do some in-between animation or animation help for a Studio Ghibli film? Is there a relationship with Hayao Miyazkai and Yoshiyuki Tomino? If so, whats it like? How come the Wizard of Oz anime film is not on Anime News Network when they announced the Japanese cast? and did Toyoo Ashida help with Isao Takahata's Heidi? I would love answers from anyone. Question
Key

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote
CollegeSmart wrote:
How come the Wizard of Oz anime film is not on Anime News Network when they announced the Japanese cast? and did Toyoo Ashida help with Isao Takahata's Heidi? I would love answers from anyone. Question

These I can answer.

Are you sure you're not thinking of The Wizard of Ozanime TV series? (There's also a shorter American version that's a totally separate production.) I cannot find any information anywhere on a Wizard of Oz anime movie, so please provide a link or book reference in a separate posting in the Encyclopedia forum if you know for certain of the existence of one.

Toyoo Ashida is listed as one of the two character designers for Takahata's Heidi, Girl of the Alps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
CollegeSmart wrote:
How come the Wizard of Oz anime film is not on Anime News Network when they announced the Japanese cast? and did Toyoo Ashida help with Isao Takahata's Heidi? I would love answers from anyone. Question

These I can answer.

Are you sure you're not thinking of The Wizard of Ozanime TV series? (There's also a shorter American version that's a totally separate production.) I cannot find any information anywhere on a Wizard of Oz anime movie, so please provide a link or book reference in a separate posting in the Encyclopedia forum if you know for certain of the existence of one.

There was just a disussion on this in the encyclopedia forum. Also linked in that discussion.
SouthParkboy

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
wesyeed

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quote
wesyeed wrote:
Got a question for ya. Been looking for that funny asian commercial where this little girl always makes a goofy face at her father. If anyone can point me to it, it'd be much appreciated.. Cool

NEVERMIND!! FOUND IT!!! oh now I can relax....

I don't know why I get obsessed with looking for stupid crap I used to see online, but I guess that's what happens when you don't have a girlfriend. Carry on gentlemen and ladies....
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:35 am Reply with quote
CollegeSmart wrote:

DerekTheRed had already answered it for me; the second link you provided was mentioned in the thread he linked as well.

Since it has been discussed many times it's only appropriate to add it to the Encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 432 of 569