• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiei52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:11 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Could be C3. Depending on where you are, you might be able to check on (probably NSFW) Funimation's site, around the 16:30 mark.

OMG! Thank you so much. I've spent hours and hours trying to find out where that scene was from.
pibburns

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:14 am Reply with quote
Pixel_Crusher wrote:
Hi there people! I could use some help in finding a very old anime I'm not even sure if people know it exists (I've seen it as a kid, but no anime database or internet search wields plausible results). It should be from the 80s / early 90s:

It was about a small pink anthropomorphic fox that would use his yo-yo as a weapon. The story revolved around him fighting some "Queen of Darkness" type villain. The fox was accompanied by a girl around the same age as him (I think both characters looked like something out of Popolocrois or Puyo Puyo).

As for the end, spoiler[I recall the pink fox defeating the evil queen, but died shortly after that. The little girl was crying on him, but all of a sudden, the pink fox becomes an actual boy.

Could you say more about the country and language in which you watched this program? Was it a series or a single episode?

One suggestion: your description might be a somewhat distorted memory of Paul no Miracle Daisakusen. That anime was not broadcast in the U.S. as far as I know, although an English language version was broadcast in the Philippines. Several European countries also broadcast it (Italy,Spain, Poland). One of the principals used a yo-yo; the sidekick magical animal (I thought it was a teddy, but it could have been intended as a fox I suppose) used a kendama (I think -- it's been a long while since I saw any episodes); their girl companion was always getting kidnapped by the Big Bad.

You might also consider, if the broadcast language was not Japanese, that this was a local non-Japanese cartoon.
Syaoran Li

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:38 am Reply with quote

is this from a anime?

if so which one is it?

Thanks Anime smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:01 am Reply with quote
I am pretty sure that is just fan art of a character from Pokémon, not sure but she might only appear in in the games Black 2 and White 2. Her cannon name is Rosa.
Syaoran Li

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh yaaa.... it is her...

Thanks Anime smile
muhammad.iqbal.315213

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
sorry for ask .. when crow zero 4 produced ?
i can't wait for longer .. Very Happy
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Hi guys. I'm just...really exhausted. I had a very long debate with some other users. The only problem is that I felt like they weren't listening to me, since they never addressed a whole lot stuff I brought up.

I don't know what to do now. Nobody's ever really taken me seriously or listened to me before. It brings back a lot of bad memories from back before I moved from American. It's even worse here, because it feels like they're trying to make me feel bad for having a different opinion than they do.

What do I do? At this point, it feels like I just should have shut my mouth. It's all my fault this happened...
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Please respond to my PM. Thank you.
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:32 pm Reply with quote
So...I don't know where else to put this.

The point is, I'm temporarily leaving ANN. After what happened earlier, I don't think I can go back here without associating this place with bad memories. I'm lucky enough to have never been bullied in school, since nobody ever noticed me. I've been bullied several different times by different people since I joined the forums in late 2013.

This time, I truly am at the end of my rope. I feel like anything I do here will just make things even worse than they already are. So, how long will I be gone? Well, a week at best, and a month at worst. I'm really sorry about this whole mess. See you later, I guess...
Roger Cordero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:15 am Reply with quote
Why i didn't see a anime about ayrton senna's life, Someone should think on this opinion and make something interesting. Cool Exclamation
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quote
Roger Cordero--
  1. Welcome to ANN.
  2. Please elaborate on what you've written. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I saw an anime of a boy that had a mystical eye that compelled people to tell the truth. The power only worked once for a person so he had to be strategic about when he used it. Does it ring a bell with anyone? My kid thinks I made it up.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Maybe Code Geass?
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
#833768 wrote:
I saw an anime of a boy that had a mystical eye that compelled people to tell the truth. The power only worked once for a person so he had to be strategic about when he used it. Does it ring a bell with anyone? My kid thinks I made it up.

Ignatz wrote:
Maybe Code Geass?

That's gotta be it. Such a great show.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
With Code Geass, Lelouch can make anyone do anything, not just tell the truth. But I'm wondering if you're misremembering CG combined with something else, like Heralds of Valdemar, which does have a way specifically for compelling someone to tell the truth.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 497 of 569