• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomed44

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:54 am Reply with quote
Can anyone identify this anime?

http://postimg.org/image/hwca1ra61/

Last edited by nomed44 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote
^
What anime?
Did you, maybe, forget something?Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nomed44

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
^
What anime?
Did you, maybe, forget something?Smile

i thought i copy pasted, link is up
pibburns

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:05 pm Reply with quote
nomed44 wrote:
Can anyone identify this anime?

http://postimg.org/image/hwca1ra61/

I believe it's Nurse Witch Komugi. I don't have the DVDs for that series anymore, so I can't check. I'm sure someone else here will be able to verify.
CmdrDoughnut

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:22 pm Reply with quote
So many moons ago I saw an anime about a high school boy who stumbles into a team of parasite/alien hunters. If memory serves, the parasites are white and tubular and shriek when killed. The boy is saved by a girl with a katana who's brother is suffering from some medical ailment. For the life of me I can't remember or find the show on google. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.
pibburns

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
CmdrDoughnut wrote:
So many moons ago I saw an anime about a high school boy who stumbles into a team of parasite/alien hunters. If memory serves, the parasites are white and tubular and shriek when killed. The boy is saved by a girl with a katana who's brother is suffering from some medical ailment. For the life of me I can't remember or find the show on google. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Tokko, perhaps?
CmdrDoughnut

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:24 pm Reply with quote
pibburns wrote:
CmdrDoughnut wrote:

Tokko, perhaps?

That be it. Thanks!
bebop654

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:27 am Reply with quote
Can I get some help identifying what this dvd is? I think it came in a bundle of anime I bought ages ago and was looking to find out what it is called.

https://imgur.com/pgcoIwM

Thank you
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:59 am Reply with quote
bebop654 wrote:
Can I get some help identifying what this dvd is? I think it came in a bundle of anime I bought ages ago and was looking to find out what it is called.

https://imgur.com/pgcoIwM

Thank you

It is Zeorymer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hades_Project_Zeorymer

bebop654

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:11 am Reply with quote
Wonderful, thank you so much!
Madzack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:42 am Reply with quote
Just found out that Netflix is about to launch in Japan this year.

Do you think Japan's anime studios might take advantage of Netflix's model of releasing one entire season in one binge, and release their own Original Netflix Anime?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:14 pm Reply with quote
It's highly unlikely, IMO. Anime, from what I understand, is generally made so close to the broadcast date, and for such low cost, that they need the advertising and merchandising profit to continue making it. Even OAV are released single episodes at a time, so that the money from one can fund the next one. The "release it all at once" model just doesn't work efficiently for new productions in Japan.
Ordell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:41 am Reply with quote
I'm wondering about the uniforms worn by both Terrons and Gamillas, in particular, the front-facing scarf style they both wear. You see it regularly on Okita, Desla at times, and Flakken, and the rest of the Yamato officers when they dress up.

I'm almost positive that style is an old Naval style, perhaps British, but i can't place it. I don't think it's something made for the series, it has a historical origin but I'm stumped. Anyone recognize it?
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:02 am Reply with quote
Ordell wrote:
I'm wondering about the uniforms worn by both Terrons and Gamillas, in particular, the front-facing scarf style they both wear. ...I'm almost positive that style is an old Naval style, perhaps British, but i can't place it. I don't think it's something made for the series, it has a historical origin but I'm stumped. Anyone recognize it?

Possibly the Royal Navy in the 18th to 19th century?
Pilots of the Imperial Japanese Navy wore similar scarves, though.

richard.bercich

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:31 am Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone knew the title of an anime (series or movie). From what I remember there is an island in the Bermuda Triangle where vehicles air and sea were landed on the island. The adults on those craft were transformed into children by two dragons protecting it. There was then a child (female I believe) who had the power to transform into a young adult who went to the island to rescue her parents. She was unaffected by the powers/dragons on the island turning adults to children. The last thing I remember was the Navy attacking the island and her trying to break in and lift the curse/magic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 499 of 569