• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WickedHate

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
When you say it reminds you, do you mean by the premise, or from watching the series? Since you mention it, I can see how the premise could remind you of AoT, though that had never occurred to me before. The execution of the series is nothing like it though. For starters, the MC is not obsessed with revenge and is a sweet, very likeable soul.

If you haven't actually seen any episodes, I'd suggest watching a few and then deciding. It takes some time to get used to the CG characters, but the space battles are extraordinary and to me, the sense of isolation in space has never been done better since 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Yeah, I haven't seen any episodes of it yet.
Dessa wrote:

So, like Gina, I can see where the comparison is made, but if you're deciding on if you want to watch KoS or not based on your opinion on AoT, it's a very different show.

Great! I'll put it on my to watch list, then. Both of yall were really helpful, I appriciate it~!
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Quote:
"Oh, [show A] is like [show B], and I didn't like [show B], so I won't watch [show A]."

Agreed, execution of a premise is important. It is also bad when someone says ]"Oh, [show A] is like [show B], and I liked [show B] but it has been 'done'". My question in that case is "just how many times do you intend to watch show B? In any case, it might have been done better the second time.
Shenanigans

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:13 am Reply with quote
Hi there everyone, need help identifying something. I've seen pics on Pixiv and am curious of their origins. All the pics have +Mafia The brigade of Knowledge Seekers: Shadow of the Librarian, on them.. I am wondering if these have any connections to a series or just a great artist's pieces. Any info would be helpful
Lupica

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quote
Shenanigans wrote:
Hi there everyone, need help identifying something. I've seen pics on Pixiv and am curious of their origins. All the pics have +Mafia The brigade of Knowledge Seekers: Shadow of the Librarian, on them.. I am wondering if these have any connections to a series or just a great artist's pieces. Any info would be helpful

It looks as though it's an individual Chinese artist's submissions for the latest Pixiv Fantasia art event, so it has nothing to do with any specific series.

http://www.pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag_full&word=探求者旅団【マフィア】

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:34 am Reply with quote
Hey Everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu50SvrO3Jk

Im need the name of the serie that starts at 27 seconds in, and the one that starts 42 seconds in.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I need your Expertise
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:02 am Reply with quote
the one at the 27 second mark is From the New World.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:03 pm Reply with quote
The one at the 42 second mark looks like it might be from Hotaru no Mori e or Natsume's Book of Friends. Both share the same author so the characters are a bit hard for me to distinguish. I think it's the former since the scene strikes me as something from that.
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Hey, does anyone want to do another Tournament over here? I was thinking something music related this time. Best soundtrack? Best opening theme? It'd be pretty cool. Smile
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:02 pm Reply with quote
^
We could start off by referencing this thread.
Shenanigans

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Lupica wrote:
Shenanigans wrote:

It looks as though it's an individual Chinese artist's submissions for the latest Pixiv Fantasia art event, so it has nothing to do with any specific series.

http://www.pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag_full&word=探求者旅団【マフィア】

Thanks, wasn't sure and looked pretty cool
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:18 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
The one at the 42 second mark looks like it might be from Hotaru no Mori e or Natsume's Book of Friends. Both share the same author so the characters are a bit hard for me to distinguish. I think it's the former since the scene strikes me as something from that.

Yes. The former.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
thesaintman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quote
A girl blackmails a guy to be her girlfriend . She has his diary.

Please tell me what anime is this.

[Edit]: Corrected your grammar and punctuation. Errinundra.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
@thesaintman

That sounds like Oreshura.
MattB1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:00 am Reply with quote
I just found out today about a website called Sputnik 7 that streamed anime in the late 90's and early 2000's. It's gone now.

Since i missed out on this site when it was up, can anyone tell me more about it - for example, what titles did it show, what was the video quality, and were its videos free to view?
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:15 am Reply with quote
News about it seems to be obscure or difficult to find unless you deeply search the web for it (meaning going beyond the first page of Google search) Laughing . But I did come across some information.

According to ANN it previewed/streamed Evangelion and its movie, Death & Rebirth.

Also, it teamed up with Manga Entertainment to provide some content (the two links mention Perfect Blue and Blood The Last Vampire).

It has also streamed titles like Giant Robo, Angel Cop, and Violence Jack. Most of these titles were licensed by Manga Entertainment so I assume most of the anime Sputnik7 streamed belong to the former.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 504 of 569