• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:34 am Reply with quote
Sounds kind of like Venus Wars
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:14 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
It should be fine asking here but most people usually go to the Hentai Recommendation thread to ask. You can also shoot PMs to probably Vaisaga, getchman, and me because we're the Three Hentai Musketeers.* Laughing

I won't be of much use if it's hentai before the 2000s, though.

*Probably just me since I seem to be the only guy still watching the recent releases as of late.

Had no idea there's a *special* thread for it.
Thanks for the link! Very Happy
Kurokurorin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:20 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
Sounds kind of like Venus Wars

We got together and checked out an upload on Youtube. This is, indeed, the anime. Thank you so much!

...it's not as great as we remember it, lol.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:48 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
EmbraceMe wrote:
It should be fine asking here but most people usually go to the Hentai Recommendation thread to ask. You can also shoot PMs to probably Vaisaga, getchman, and me because we're the Three Hentai Musketeers.* Laughing

I won't be of much use if it's hentai before the 2000s, though.

*Probably just me since I seem to be the only guy still watching the recent releases as of late.

Had no idea there's a *special* thread for it.
Thanks for the link! Very Happy

Please read the 1st post here. There, you will find more links to sanctioned genre recommendation threads.
Svcy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:04 am Reply with quote
Could anyone identify this anime? I am looking for the op song that is in my mind but I couldn't remember a thing about the anime and title so I couldn't find it.

There is the female main protagonist, blonde I guess. She is traveling and can't remember a thing. Then someone told her that she will trigger the destruction (not elie from rave). This is like ragnarok style.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:14 am Reply with quote
Might it be Scrapped Princess? I don't recall her having amnesia though, but maybe I do. :)
Svcy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:32 am Reply with quote
lol that's it, tnx
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:15 am Reply with quote
She doesn't start with amnesia, but there is a section where she has it. I just rewatched the series for the marathon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
There's this anime I've been looking for for years and no one seems to know it. I've asked on other forums and nothing and I'm starting to think I imagined it.

I saw this when I was very little, best I can guess is sometime between 2000 and 2005. All I can remember is that there was a boy and a girl in a dungeon type of place. I think the boy had a friend who was a talking tiger (it may have been a different animal). They get to this pit and there are two ropes. One gets them across the pit and the other makes them fall. The girl chooses a rope and its the wrong one but the boy catches her. He gives her the handle of his sword to hold on to and he's grabbing it by the blade. I remember you see his blood. He can't pull up the girl so she lets go and falls to her death because he wouldn't let her go. Later the boy is fighting some guy in the middle of lava.

That's all I can remember. Anyone have a clue?
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:34 pm Reply with quote
#848182 wrote:
There's this anime I've been looking for for years and no one seems to know it. I've asked on other forums and nothing and I'm starting to think I imagined it.

I saw this when I was very little, best I can guess is sometime between 2000 and 2005. All I can remember is that there was a boy and a girl in a dungeon type of place. I think the boy had a friend who was a talking tiger (it may have been a different animal). They get to this pit and there are two ropes. One gets them across the pit and the other makes them fall. The girl chooses a rope and its the wrong one but the boy catches her. He gives her the handle of his sword to hold on to and he's grabbing it by the blade. I remember you see his blood. He can't pull up the girl so she lets go and falls to her death because he wouldn't let her go. Later the boy is fighting some guy in the middle of lava.

Could it be Yaiba?
The scene you're describing occurs during a certain arc involving lunar bunny race, if I'm not mistaken.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:42 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
#848182 wrote:

Could it be Yaiba?
The scene you're describing occurs during a certain arc involving lunar bunny race, if I'm not mistaken.

Holy crap, that's it! Finally after all these years! Thank you thank you thank you!
dwhs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:39 am Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

first of all, fantastic website and forum Smile The amount of information which you can find here about animes is just unbelievable !

However, I hope you experts can help me to identify an anime which I used to watch when I was little:

The anime is from the 80s, my guess is 1980-1985(?). I watched it on Hong Kong television in Cantonese but the anime is of course from Japan.
I actually only remember that there were several different kind of animals or animal robots (e.g. bear) which could transform into vehicles(?) or had animal robots as vehicles(?).
But it was definitely an anime for little children, i.e. not those robot animes like Dairugger, Gundam, etc.
If it helps: It was broadcasted (on Hong Kong television) at the same period like Dr. Slump, Lensman, Thundercats, etc.

It would be so cool if anyone can identify it ! Many thanks in advance Smile !
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:02 am Reply with quote
^
Just a shot in the dark, really: But possibly Go Lion?
Svcy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:09 am Reply with quote
Please help me identify this anime, I've watched this about several yrs ago.

This is comedy, romance maybe

Its about a girl, long black straight haired girl, she covered her face with her bangs, anti-social, she likes to watch horror shows, she lives with other guys and people used to be scared of her bcos of her habits but then later this guys thought her how to interact with other people and learned to show her face later.

hint: red roses
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:16 am Reply with quote
@Svcy

I think that might be The Wallflower.
I have not seen the anime but I have read some of the manga and it fits your description.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 515 of 569