• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:29 am Reply with quote
Ok, so there's a list page, but you can't get to it unless you do a site search first? Might as well just do the site search for the title you're looking for. I wonder why it was removed from the menu (but the alphabetical still thinks it's listed under N)?

Anyway, thanks for the info! Smile
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:51 am Reply with quote
IIRC, the reason it was taken down was because it was encouraging anything people considered "related" to be added to the Encyclopedia. There are now guidelines specifically for when things that aren't anime should or shouldn't be added.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:56 pm Reply with quote
What I do not understand is why Fantasy Kaleidoscope ~The Memories of Phantasm~ is still not listed in the Encyclopedia.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I'm fairly new to this so please forgive me if I skipped over some rules and stuff.

It's an old anime, I remember the main characters a pervert that can transform into a bear of sorts when angry. A girl likes him and her sister I think doesn't, they can both transform into older women with more curves. One of the girls has glasses and messy pink hair (?) And is a famous Hunter among demons. I remember the first episode having a villager girl needing help because her sister went missing, after the main character flirts with her they set to work. Turns out the villager girl helped the demon trap her sister in a mirror because of envy. At this point only the other sister (the one without pink hair) reveals her other form, while the pink haired one's remain unseen.

I'm sorry if this is vague but it's very old the anime, and I haven't watched for a few years Exclamation
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Sorcerer Hunters
oraho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:27 am Reply with quote
Hi to y'all! I'm looking for an anime movie, this is what i remember:

i think it has been done in the 80' (made in Japan), and I can remember only one main thing: at a certain point (i think in the end of the movie) the villain starts to deforming himself increasing of size and merging himself with metal, till he explodes. I think there were a group of good guys, not only one.
This is what I remember, hope you can help me =)
murph76

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:51 am Reply with quote
Are you looking for Akira?
TigerWolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I can't remember if it was a manga or an anime, but I remember it was about a boy who constantly changed back and forth from a boy to a girl and he was trying to help a girl out. He may have used a sword and believe that the people in the world could use magic. Could someone help me find out if it was an anime or a manga and what it was called?
Gatherum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Did he switch every time he submerged himself in various bodies of water?

If so, that's Ranma 1/2.

If not, I have no idea.
TigerWolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I don't believe that it was, but thank you any way.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:25 pm Reply with quote
EDIT: Wrong thread.

Last edited by Gatherum on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:09 am Reply with quote
Possibly Le Chevalier d'Eon?
HolsteinCrab

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:42 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I can't remember if it was a manga or an anime, but I remember it was about a boy who constantly changed back and forth from a boy to a girl and he was trying to help a girl out. He may have used a sword and believe that the people in the world could use magic. Could someone help me find out if it was an anime or a manga and what it was called?

The only other anime I can think of that resembles that is gokudou-kun manyuuki

* The protagonist flips from male to female at least twice during the anime
* There is a girl who accompanies him (but he isn't trying to help her)
* He gains a magic sword that he uses throughout the show
* Plenty of people in that world have magic as it is inhabited by mages, demons and supernatural creatures

However Gokudou was a 1999 comedy mocking a lot of the fantasy RPG tropes of the 80s and 90s so it may well be I'm barking up the wrong tree there Laughing

(Apologies for earlier version with terrible spelling mistakes - inhibited *facepalm*)

Last edited by HolsteinCrab on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nimitz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:41 pm Reply with quote
TigerWolf wrote:

It sounds like Maze
Steven Castillo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:37 pm Reply with quote
hello my fellow anime lover's,i have recently got into a new anime, then had to renew my crunchyroll account and for the life of me, unable to locate the the show or title. a quick description of said show for you. about 4 student that graduated train guard school, i believe, and their purpose is to protect and service the people who have entered the speed train, it is set in a time where all rail services went for privately owned to federally owned or vise versa, but the first 3 episodes i enjoyed and would like to continue to watch with your aid, any info will due thank you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 543 of 569