• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Was it a mix of 2D and 3D animation? Because your description sounds a bit like the French animation series Code Lyoko.
Lycca

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:22 am Reply with quote
Yes, that's it!
Thanks alot Smile
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:09 am Reply with quote
No prob, it's a good series. I picked up the first season DVD set a while ago.
Valary Haelari

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:13 am Reply with quote
Hello there. I’m sorry for my mediocre english so it could cause your eyes bleed, but i wish you could understand me.
It was 1996-1999 when i first saw this anime. I only have few flashbacks on my mind.
There was 2 girls 20-30 aged. One of them were overpowered (or both) and they (or one of them) were fighting big monsters. I dont remember if fighting monsters were anime plot or that was side action, i only remember something like big sand worm and one of girls killed him after long fight. Also - when they travelled the world (or country) they walked by their legs (not flyed, or using machines, cars etc). And once there were shown that one of this girls (who had enormous strenght) were carrying a big bag on her back. When i say big - i mean BIG, HUGE, ENORMOUSLY sized bag for like 5-10 meters up (the bag was rounded). I cant say there always was this bag or only in one scene.
Then. I also remember one manlike person (probably it was just a man or old man). And he said that could help them (or he talked to one of this girls because due to plot another weak girl were kidnapped or mb not). And he said that he could help but he need something from srtong girl. There was a minute of her thinking what it could be and a scene when she realized that this man provably want her in a sexual way and they showed this girl naked.

Ok, that’s everything that we got here. So, shortly again:
1) 2 girls - one of them overpowerdly strong
2) monster fight
3) huge backpack
4) (old)man with dirty thoughts and a flash of naked body
5) There is possibility that this 2 girls are also not the main heroes of the story
6) i dont know if this was full-lenght anime ot show-typed.

I wish you understand me. I count on you. Please - help me!)
Pixel_Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:21 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know from what anime does this GIF come from? I'd love to watch it.

Valary Haelari

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:06 am Reply with quote
Pixel_Crusher wrote:

Probably “On your mark”
Pixel_Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:43 am Reply with quote
Valary Haelari wrote:
Pixel_Crusher wrote:

Probably “On your mark”

I went to check and yes it is. Thanks!
pololand

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:10 am Reply with quote
iamdreggman

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know any anime scenes where a girl's legs shake? I know it's a common trope but I only see it happen to boys in anime (looking at you Usopp).
There was this scene in Shokugeki No Souma where this lady's legs shook from a "foodgasm", but that's all I could find.

Any ideas?

horseradish

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote
pololand wrote:

This seems to be an animated TV series with 24 episodes from an Arabic-speaking country, so it is probably too unknown to have alternative titles in other languages. It is very obscure even in that region. The Arabic title is "العملاق القرمزي". All the results I could find were in Arabic, which I can't read, so that's all I can say.

EDIT: Likely from Jordan; linked YouTube video is TV rip that displays contact information with +962 telephone code and email address to a Jordanian company (Middle East Media) associated with Broadcasting & Media (listed in two South Korean industry fairs: BCWW 2017, Gwangju ACE Fair 2016. Listed in TV France International Dubai Showcase 2006). Might have purchased licensing rights for Jordan.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know what this thing is from?

It's on a few garage kit sites right now, listed as "FQ-117", with no additional info given. Looks like some kind of bio-organic mecha, maybe from an Evangelion-like?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:18 pm Reply with quote
It appears that it's an original mecha design by someone named Kukka-san.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:58 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Anyone know what this thing is from?
https://i.imgur.com/VrfIY5h.jpg
It's on a few garage kit sites right now, listed as "FQ-117", with no additional info given. Looks like some kind of bio-organic mecha, maybe from an Evangelion-like?

That is an 'original' garage kit which was made and sold by Qucca, a model-maker whose main occupation is a graphic designer.
In this case, 'original' means 'thought up by the model-maker himself, rather than based on an existing anime, manga, game and the like.' There are people who make and sell 'original' garage kits, and FQ-117 is one of such products.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Good to know, thanks!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:15 pm Reply with quote
iamdreggman wrote:
Does anyone know any anime scenes where a girl's legs shake? I know it's a common trope but I only see it happen to boys in anime (looking at you Usopp).
There was this scene in Shokugeki No Souma where this lady's legs shook from a "foodgasm", but that's all I could find.

Any ideas?

The heroine of Nobunagun shakes from fear and there is a good leg shot in episode 01, if that helps?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 545 of 569