• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Off the top of my head, I can't think of an example where CR has gotten the streaming rights for a movie that is part of a franchise that it already licensed.

They've got Digimon (sadly, dubbed only) and the Digimon Tri movies. They've also got both the Chain Chronicles TV and Movie versions.

I still don't think they'll get SAO. They never got the Madoka movies.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Good point. They also have the Garakowa - Restore the World - movie. It would be awesome if they did become more active in picking up movies/OVAs/specials.
JoeDemaria1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I remember a little of the summary, It was something like this, Guy is seen as a nerd in school i dont know if it was middle or cram school ect..., He confesses his feelings to a girl and gets rejected from there everyone makes fun of him he then goes to a new school to start freash, He then meets a new girl who he finds cute they become friends but then he finds out the girl who hurshly rejected him moved/picked that school and she finds out that he is into a new girl and gets jealous that starts a love triangle. i can only remember that small thing nothing else. Please help
Dustin Martanez

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I am mostly into older 80's and 90's OVAs. I am a huge fan and love watching them. Animeclassicreviews was one of my favorite youtube accounts. I started a list with some US manga corps releases originally. Many I saw I never wrote down, but have started writing down the titles of ones I watch now, In september I was snap chatting and have a video of a anime. I've been looking through youtube history, but I share a account and the computer crashed. I spent two hours going through history. I have a video link. I have been looking for hours now, so any help is greatly appreciated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWK6-bAc72c&feature=youtu.be

I believe it is a OVA from the 80's. I only have 5 seconds recorded from snap chat. It has what I believe to be a nun, dressed in white or possibly tan. She appears to be in a cavern or underground, this I'm not sure about. She finds a dog and the dog is startled and freaks out. Then calms down as she begins to to talk to the dog. Any help is great value and appreciated. Only thing I think it could be is One pound gospel. Does this scene sound familiar to anyone who has watched it or older anime with a nun?
Lyrst

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:44 am Reply with quote
Firstly, the video is waaay too far away. It's hard to make out anything.
The dog looks like (if you look up on youtube the late show with stephen colbert, forget which clip but something between 03-12 and 03-10..been watching a lot of shows..lost track of time) the dog from there, dog pope.

As for the anime, and what I could make out, I've seen a few with nuns (I thought chrono crusade for a second there), I wanted to add it looks close to the style..well the face of "when marnie was there"..I think Ghibli...maybe a good start point to look? (I haven't seen any of the sub only ones, or below the 90s soo..maybe?)

Side note mine glossed over, but anyone know what mine was (a few posts/a page back)? Still can't figure it out.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:31 am Reply with quote
A dog and a nun? Made me think of "Dog of Flanders", but the goofy/exaggerated shock/running animation doesn't look like it.
pibburns

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Dustin Martanez wrote:
I have a video link. I have been looking for hours now, so any help is greatly appreciated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWK6-bAc72c&feature=youtu.be

I believe it is a OVA from the 80's. I only have 5 seconds recorded from snap chat. It has what I believe to be a nun, dressed in white or possibly tan. She appears to be in a cavern or underground, this I'm not sure about. She finds a dog and the dog is startled and freaks out. Then calms down as she begins to to talk to the dog. Any help is great value and appreciated. Only thing I think it could be is One pound gospel. Does this scene sound familiar to anyone who has watched it or older anime with a nun?

I may have seen a scene like this a long time ago (as in decades). It MIGHT be from Hello Sandybelle (I watched it in French as Sandy Jonquille), but I can't be certain after so many years. I don't have a copy of this late 80's series to check. It doesn't appear this series was ever licensed in the U.S.
souji5okita

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I haven't been able to get answers anywhere else so I thought I'd try here.

Does vol. 6 of the Shonen Onmyouji DVD exist in English? Back in the day Geneon distributed this title, but to my knowledge they were only able to release up to vol. 5 when the company went under in America. I'm asking because I found a supposed copy of vol. 6 online, and now I'm not too sure. I took the gamble and purchase it, but want to know if anyone knows for certain if vol 6 ever came out. I'll obviously know when it arrives in a week or so, but I'm curious now.
pibburns

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:23 pm Reply with quote
souji5okita wrote:

Does vol. 6 of the Shonen Onmyouji DVD exist in English? Back in the day Geneon distributed this title, but to my knowledge they were only able to release up to vol. 5 when the company went under in America. I'm asking because I found a supposed copy of vol. 6 online, and now I'm not too sure. I took the gamble and purchase it, but want to know if anyone knows for certain if vol 6 ever came out. I'll obviously know when it arrives in a week or so, but I'm curious now.

I don't know if Geneon ever finished releasing the entire series in the U.S. as singles. Hopefully someone else can answer that.

Funimation released the entire series as a box set as part of their distribution agreement with Geneon. That's the edition I bought back around 2009. These box sets appear to be difficult to find now.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:08 pm Reply with quote
According to the Encyclopedia's releases, FUNimation released volume 6.
lesterf1020
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:11 am Reply with quote
souji5okita wrote:

Yes it exists. I have it in my collection. I bought it back in the Geneon days. That reminds me I am due for a rewatch.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:53 am Reply with quote
I saw a few episodes of a comedy anime i enjoyed a very long time ago but now i cant remember what it was called.

It was about guys in high school wearing those male Japanese school uniforms that acted like punks and trouble makers and it was one of those really crazy comedys where crazy weird stuff happens all the time.

In the opening 3 tough guys walked down a hallway or something towards the screen and you saw two of the characters in bunny costumes for a moment and the song playing was also supposed to be weird.

Cant remember that much more sorry but does anybody have any idea what show im thinking about and what its called?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:55 am Reply with quote
@ CyberLance: Sounds like Cromartie High School to me. The OP does show two characters, one in a pink bunny suit and the other in a white bear (?) suit walking down the hallway, followed by about half a dozen of the punks in uniforms walking the same hall. Was there a Freddy Mercury look-alike in the cast?
CyberLance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:40 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
@ CyberLance: Sounds like Cromartie High School to me. The OP does show two characters, one in a pink bunny suit and the other in a white bear (?) suit walking down the hallway, followed by about half a dozen of the punks in uniforms walking the same hall. Was there a Freddy Mercury look-alike in the cast?

Thank you yea thats the anime i meant.

I mostly remembered some guys walking down a hallway towards the screen and turns out most of the opening was that and other crazy stuff.
I love those kind of comedy animes that got crazy weird stuff happen most of the time.

Thanks for the help i could not find the show or what it was called myself.

Last edited by CyberLance on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
kojow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:31 am Reply with quote
Hey everyone, I'm new here and I had some questions about finding some of the soundtracks used in a some anime. is there any specific topic that meets my needs, should I create one or should I just shoot the question here?
Thanks, sorry if i sound stupid my english is not that perfect
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 536 of 569