• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:52 am Reply with quote
nomed44 wrote:
Ok - I'm back again - If anyone helps and I dont reply in time. Thank you!

I know this first character in the coub video is from Plastic nee san or something.

I'm trying to identify this woman, and what anime character is in. She has white hair that takes and wields this whiteish sword that turns blood red.

https://coub.com/view/1py5et

Been a while since I watched it, but I think it might be from Rage of Bahamut, probably Jeanne D'Arc in the show. Not entirely sure though.
horseradish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:01 am Reply with quote
#859658 wrote:
tenchi muyo ova 4 is this series over after just 4 ep? has anyone heard anything , had such promise hoping for more

The OVA series was only planned for 4 episodes. The episodes were individually released on 4 blu-rays in Japan. The official twitter account has been inactive since November 2017 and the official website has been inactive since October 2017. Neither seem to mention more episodes or sequels.

nomed44 wrote:
Ok - I'm back again - If anyone helps and I dont reply in time. Thank you!

I know this first character in the coub video is from Plastic nee san or something.

I'm trying to identify this woman, and what anime character is in. She has white hair that takes and wields this whiteish sword that turns blood red.

https://coub.com/view/1py5et
DuskyPredator wrote:
Been a while since I watched it, but I think it might be from Rage of Bahamut, probably Jeanne D'Arc in the show. Not entirely sure though.

Yes, the scene is from the first season Rage of Bahamut: Genesis.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:02 pm Reply with quote
This might be a long shot, but...

A friend of mine is trying to remember an anime character she saw once. She doesn't know who she is or what she's from, but she remembers that she has long, red or orange hair, with two thick, short, yellow ribbons in her hair.

Any suggestions for me to run past her?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:01 am Reply with quote
Stella Vermillion from Chivalry of a Failed Knight?

That's all I got. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Friend says that's close to the character's design, but not the right one.
Ceiis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I'm looking for an anime I watched back a few years ago, but can't remember the name. Here's all the info I remember:

-It's pretty gory and it's horror. Found it by looking for gory anime and it was on a list made by someone.

-It's an OVA/Movie series that's over an hour each.

-It's set in a modern day city

-It's got demon/monsters going around killing people. There's quite a few scenes where grotesques monsters kill people

-The hero has like a suit

I think I remember another person has a suit and the hero and them fight
The main character is a male, and the other human he fights is a male.

-The main character fights these demons/monsters, but I can remember if he chooses to or not. The suit might force him, or it's just a reaction because their are demons/monsters nearby.

-For some reason, "Kira" rings a bell... I could be complete wrong, but I think the name of the anime was something like that. It's not Akira, that for sure.

-I found it around 2014 give or take a year, it had been out for a bit but I think they were still getting made or had just wrapped up.

-The series was atleast 3 movies long.

Any help finding this anime would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

(I'll keep adding info that I can remember, but keep in mind that it's been awhile since I've seen it, and I could be wrong)
Ceiis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Found it with the help from someone on another site.

It's called Karas!
horseradish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
This might be a long shot, but...

A friend of mine is trying to remember an anime character she saw once. She doesn't know who she is or what she's from, but she remembers that she has long, red or orange hair, with two thick, short, yellow ribbons in her hair.

Any suggestions for me to run past her?

Rin Kurenai from Big Order?
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Apparently, it was the pink-haired girl from Wedding Peach...
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:06 am Reply with quote
Ceiis wrote:
Found it with the help from someone on another site.

It's called Karas!

Wish I was here earlier. Then I would have told you what it was.

But yes, it is Karas. Amazing anime. Highly recommended! Love that one.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:01 pm Reply with quote
horseradish wrote:
#859658 wrote:
tenchi muyo ova 4 is this series over after just 4 ep? has anyone heard anything , had such promise hoping for more

The OVA series was only planned for 4 episodes. The episodes were individually released on 4 blu-rays in Japan. The official twitter account has been inactive since November 2017 and the official website has been inactive since October 2017. Neither seem to mention more episodes or sequels.

adding on...

If you haven't, from there you can watch Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar, as the last part was basically a prequel for that series. What I hope for is a melding of those stories- showing Kenshi's continuing fight and how he is returned to his universe. The way time flows between them though, it would probably mean a time jump of hundreds of years- bringing in an era the anime company would be uncomfortable moving to.

I assume Masaki Kajishima is always up for more, but at the same time he always complains of being too busy. Right now the Techi-verse has almost completely transferred to the Tenchi GXP light novels. He wrote 14 novels that spanned the course of the anime series and expanded on them to extreme degrees (and quadrupled the size of Seina's harem-- or rather, harems, as he basically has 4 sets of four member harems... with the possibility of more) and has continued on to the Renza Federation fight that he was leaving for in the last episode (the Renza girls/ Seto's assistants are the second harem-who have a much larger part in the novels).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:22 pm Reply with quote
All right, so I have this itch that I just cannot scratch.....

Whereinhell did ANN get the below image from?

BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:50 pm Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:
All right, so I have this itch that I just cannot scratch.....

Whereinhell did ANN get the below image from?

That's AMAZING STRANGER, I believe. It's a short this season, based on a seinen manga about a romance between an otaku and a 1/6 scale figurine.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, it certainly seems plausible.....

me just saying

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:45 am Reply with quote
starts out in a space ship. the boys father is the captain. they get into an argument about how to destroy something. father later gives him a laser gun. they go on a planet. the boy enters a small structure and gets transported to another planet (?universe} he almost immediately helps a girl being chased by a monster by shooting it with his fathers gun. the girl immediately thinks he is the hero with a sword of fire that legends predicted would come and save their planet. they go to the girls home, later go into a church and the stain glass shows the boy with a sword of light pointed to the sky. a bunch of episodes later, the boys father finds the planet but the boy decides to stay and help the people from certain destruction.

a couple other facts I remember, the girl is from the race that is destroying the planet like an advance scout but she does not know this. there are crystals that affect the people and animals creating monsters. the planet is connected to another that is draining the life force of the planet.

anyway, any help with the name would be appreciated -- thanks
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 552 of 569