• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Kanchocalypse wrote:
... either in a forest or on a sunny field.

Those are quite different! Very Happy

While your attention was clearly on the woman, do you happen to recall anything about the guy she was proposing to? Hair color, clothes, headgear, weapons, height compared to her, anything? I'm not sure it would help me, but it might help others. Might also help you recall more details about her.

How sure are you of the 2010 timeframe since you only saw it a year ago?

Lol, I'm curious as to what the filters are replacing with "plot." I thought most words for boobs were ok these days.
Kanchocalypse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:29 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Kanchocalypse wrote:
... either in a forest or on a sunny field.

Those are quite different! Very Happy

Myea, but to my foggy little brain unit it's pretty much "Both r green, close 'nuff". I wanna say maybe there was a well nearby, but I might be Berensteining myself hard on that one.

Gina Szanboti wrote:

While your attention was clearly on the woman, do you happen to recall anything about the guy she was proposing to? Hair color, clothes, headgear, weapons, height compared to her, anything? I'm not sure it would help me, but it might help others. Might also help you recall more details about her.

Yeah, somehow I've really just focused on the gally. It's almost completely inexplicable, but I'm sure there's some reason for it. A nice, voluptuous set of reasons, but I just can't put my finger on it... VR tech is just not there yet, sadly.

Joking aside, Other than the girly being the more active participant of that scene, I think the reason I can barely remember anything about the MC is because he's suffered from generic self-insert protagonist syndrome. I seem to recall him being a dime-a-dozen dark haired and eyed, somewhat scrawny guy with very little features to make him stand out. If I had to compare him to a character at all costs, I'd say he looked similar to Kenshi Masaki from Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar. For a time I was almost certain the scene was from that show and the female character was Chiaia Flan, but while I've yet to watch the entire show, I couldn't find any indication to Flan making him manhandle her chesticles.

Gina Szanboti wrote:

How sure are you of the 2010 timeframe since you only saw it a year ago?

I'd say I'm fairly certain it was an Anime from the 2010s, maybe from the tail end from the 2000s.I seem to recall it having that distinct digital look, where the art is nice and polished, but the variety at line weighting leaves something to be desired, and the colors and shading are a little on the muted side. Not that there aren't plenty fantastic looking '10s shows, and I don't recall the show looking bad, it just didn't go out of its way to compensate for some ot the pitfalls digital art can have. It just didn't have the cel animated look and warmer colors of the '80s\'90s or the hybrid cel animated yet digitally enhanced feel of the early 2000s (I'm not a huge animation expert, but I hope I can get across what I mean). Once again, my memory's pretty busted, so my words might have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Gina Szanboti wrote:

Lol, I'm curious as to what the filters are replacing with "plot." I thought most words for boobs were ok these days.

Oh, that was just me trying to be cute. But yeah, at the very least I should've shaked it up a little: instead of constantly repeating "plot" like a broken record, I should've at least thrown in some bazongas, funbags, booberinos, majestic mammaries, mommy milkies, sloppy janes, snuggle pups, Yorkshire puddings, hopes and dreams or what have you.

Still, thanks for the reply! I'll also try to look for it some more in my spare time, I'll make sure to reply in case I manage to solve this mandible-on-milky mystery.
Ya_Ra

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone

Can anyone tell me the name of an old anime movie that came out in 1980s probably
It's about a future war the hero is a person looks like a boy but he lived for centuries and no one know how old is he
There is an army or military director who needs help to win against a mutual enemy
At the end there was a fight between the hero and a female character in a robot like machine
They mention that he is superman few times

Thanks in advance guys
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 11:42 pm Reply with quote
The superman reference makes it sound like it could be Locke the Superman, an anime film from 1984.
Ya_Ra

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 5:56 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
The superman reference makes it sound like it could be Locke the Superman, an anime film from 1984.

Thank you so much Very Happy
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:27 am Reply with quote
Ya_Ra wrote:
Beltane70 wrote:

Thank you so much Very Happy

You're welcome! I'm glad that I was able to help!
Wata

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:49 am Reply with quote
Gofer wrote:
Hello everyone, i hope this is the proper place to ask this. Long ago, I had seen an adult anime and would like to find out what it's called. it involved a woman who becomes a superhero when she wears this ponygirl (bdsm) outfit. Her hummiliaton makes her super strong .. it's weird I know.. but been trying to find out what it was called for a while now

Sorry for this very late reply. This maybe 爆れつハンター, Sorcerer Hunters.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Wata wrote:
Gofer wrote:
Hello everyone, i hope this is the proper place to ask this. Long ago, I had seen an adult anime and would like to find out what it's called. it involved a woman who becomes a superhero when she wears this ponygirl (bdsm) outfit. Her hummiliaton makes her super strong .. it's weird I know.. but been trying to find out what it was called for a while now

Sorry for this very late reply. This maybe 爆れつハンター, Sorcerer Hunters.

NO, I KNOW WHAT THIS IS.

https://www.livechart.me/anime/4255

By the author of Magi; this is one of my favorite harem comedies; it's outrageously funny. I highly recommend the manga to get the full story too.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:31 am Reply with quote
Er, no, I don't think the person asking about the anime was referring to Sumomomo Momomo, Chiibi. However you are correct that it is very funny. An absolutely crime it has never received a legit release in North America. Get on it, Discotek.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Blood, I'm 100% positive; the OP's description matches perfectly with Sanae's whole schtick:

https://myanimelist.net/character/1419/Sanae_Nakajima?q=sanae%20nakajima&cat=character

(True....at least we got the manga in full though Anime cry)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:37 am Reply with quote
Chiibi, you have my most profound apology.

*does deep Japanese contrition bow*

It's been so long since I've seen the show that I completely forgot about that character (geez, how could I forget a set up like THAT???). I shall never doubt you again!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I accept. xD But it's no big deal, man. Wink

For some reason or another I found this series very very memorable. Maybe because it's soooo goofy and over the top? I even liked all the characters too.

Though I didn't remember her name right away lol
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I shall never doubt you again!

I doubt everyone all the time. You're all just robot assassins in disguise until proven otherwise. Or maybe that's the muscle relaxers and tramadol speaking. Nah, probably still true.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Red....I would say "You're watching too much Terminator" except Google's resemblance to Skynet these days is indeed concerning. Confused And Disney is just as scary.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:27 am Reply with quote
You should be okay as long as nobody says, "Hey, Siri, terminate Redbeard 101."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 567 of 569