• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Nightmare Girls

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTJB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:06 am Reply with quote
It's a shame, I know. We have a new arcade here in town, but it's as big as a matchbox and only 2 of the 10 or so games they have are the only good ones. They have Silent Scope and that's about it. The best arcade here in town is in my friend's basement.

Great arcades will still be around, just not as many as there once was. Last great arcade I went to was Nickel City in Northbrook, Illinois, very nice spot.
sepherest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
Atlus has become the new Nippon Ichi

I hope not, I don't want to see them re-releasing the same three titles at least four times. Laughing I think they've always been there own beast since Snowboard Kids and Revelations, and it's nice that they've been able to last this long compared to companies like Working Designs - that collapsed in on themselves because they tried catering to their fans too much.

I'm really glad Catherine did so well in Japan and it's getting an english release too (which was pretty much a no-brainer). The soundtrack is excellent, so I assume Atlus will throw that into a pre-order...along with reversible covers for the game, perhaps?
Uthred

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Phantom Brave isnt a total anomaly. Makai Kingdom used the same 3D movement and targeting as it. I'd love to see an enhanced port of Makai Kingdom.

Penguin_Factory wrote:
... but I can't understand why anyone is getting excited about Catherine. ... but the gameplay really doesn't seem very interesting to me Confused

Maybe *gasp* people like things you dont?

Jrittmayer wrote:
I think that Catherine is grossly overhyped. Go back a couple months and not many people were interested in the game. Fast forwards to around late January when several websites started releasing videos and stuff and magazines published articles about it and got the internet talking about it.

So in summation a game become more popular after information about it became more widespread? Almost as if people might not have heard of it and when they did they became interested in it? What a shocker, its almost as if thats how the media works!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3