• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Black Butler Musical Cast Photographed in Costume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:59 am Reply with quote
They're re-showing it? Interesting. Be awesome to live in Japan to see it live, but alas! I do not...

It would be nice if we could be an official subbed copy of the dvd in the US, though. (not that I haven't seen it yet *cough*Youtube*cough*)... Having this in my collection with official subs would be awesome.
LavenderMintRose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote
New Eric & Alan both look GREAT!
New Will... nice but not as great as Takuya Nagaoka. (There are only two actors who could ever be Will in live action - Takuya Nagaoka or Benedict Cumberbatch.)

ublublu Finny though.

Also YAY same Grell again <3 Takuya Uehara is perfect.
Is it just me.... there seems to be different makeup? They look sort of like dolls... not sure if I like that better or...

but ublublu, can't wait to hear them sing! Especially the new Alan and Eric, and also Druitt. I really like the song he sings in this musical, and the first one's voice was so different from how he's usually played, but that was really good!

Edit: Wait... there are two new Takuyas. Finny and Ronald (in addition to Grell and first-cast Will) . Wow.
Saturn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 am Reply with quote
LavenderMintRose wrote:
New Eric & Alan both look GREAT!
New Will... nice but not as great as Takuya Nagaoka. (There are only two actors who could ever be Will in live action - Takuya Nagaoka or Benedict Cumberbatch.)

ublublu Finny though.

Also YAY same Grell again <3 Takuya Uehara is perfect.
Is it just me.... there seems to be different makeup? They look sort of like dolls... not sure if I like that better or...

but ublublu, can't wait to hear them sing! Especially the new Alan and Eric, and also Druitt. I really like the song he sings in this musical, and the first one's voice was so different from how he's usually played, but that was really good!

Edit: Wait... there are two new Takuyas. Finny and Ronald (in addition to Grell and first-cast Will) . Wow.

what on earth does "ublublu" mean? I can't even figure out if it's a good or bad thing...

Anyway I wish I could see one of these in person Smile The costumes are so sumptuous.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote
What great photographs. The costumes and actors look great.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I hate to be a wet blanket,but I prefer the anime version of "Black Butler" myself. I hope the BBC does its own live-action version of this someday. I'd love that. Both David Tennant and Benedict Cumberbatch would be wonderful in that. What do you think?
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I hate to be a wet blanket,but I prefer the anime version of "Black Butler" myself. I hope the BBC does its own live-action version of this someday. I'd love that. Both David Tennant and Benedict Cumberbatch would be wonderful in that. What do you think?

That would be nice to see, beside I've seen a Korean musical production of Fame with Girls Generation's Tiffany playing as Carmen Diaz, and Super Junior's Eunhyuk playing as Tyrone. South Korea also did it own production of Legally Blonde: the musical with Girls Generation's Jessica playing as the leading character.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LavenderMintRose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Saturn wrote:

what on earth does "ublublu" mean? I can't even figure out if it's a good or bad thing...

ublublublublu = fangirling over things that are too cute/wonderful for words. It's weird I know... sorry.

Snomaster1 wrote:

Have you seen this musical, though? The story is pretty great - closer to the manga than season 2 of the anime was, really. And if you're a Reaper fan, well...

A British thing based on Kuro would be so amazing, though, really. Who would you want those actors to play? I... personally... think David Tennant would be kind of amazing as Grell. Benedict Cumberbatch as Will (also look at the cover of vol. 8). Sebastian... Tom Hiddleston would be good as Sebastian...
Wow, I really sound like Tumblr now. But that would be wonderful. Shame it'll never happen.
Is it just wishful thinking, though, to feel like this, plus the live action movie, are maybe building up to something else big with this manga? I mean, I'm not going to get hopes up for a British film with that cast, but maybe more anime? That would be amazing...
Also, has anyone else seen Wolf Children yet? The voice of Ame (older) in that movie is the guy who played Ciel in the first cast of this musical (Yukito Nishii). So that's awesome.

Edit: Okay, I take back what I said before, this new William is definitely okay the more I look at him. And Uehara looks even better than before if that's possible. Uehara's Grell was already perfect, so...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1