• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 3 the Movie #1's Promo, Title, Date, Staff, Cast Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbiton Guard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
"Spring of Birth" I foresee four movies in the making.

So do I. The game covers time from all four seasons. It would also allow them to include many of the social links and such in the films, as well as the whole plot. I'm quite hoping that it does turn out to be four movies!

Though P3 is not my personal favorite game in the series (the 2 duo holds that place), I'm very excited to see how this will turn out! Cannot wait for this fall and the news on its quality!
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote
deathfromabove1993 wrote:
So just to be clear, this is going to be a series of movies? not just one?

If so, I'm okay with this.

seeing as how they stated movie #1, yes this looks like it'll be a few films
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
Huh, Akira Ishida's playing the protagonist? That's interesting.

Akira Ishida's been playing him since the dawn of time. Anime hyper The games, them drama CD, you name it.
DRWii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
DRWii wrote:
Huh, Akira Ishida's playing the protagonist? That's interesting.

Akira Ishida's been playing him since the dawn of time. Anime hyper The games, them drama CD, you name it.

I wasn't aware of that until now, so it's still interesting to me.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote
The MC now has an official name, and it's something horribly generic. At least it's not something outright terrible like "Yu Narukami," but it's still pretty bad nonetheless.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:02 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

However this is rpgs we are talking about, its arguably the more explored genre in gaming, I cannot see something big (like --over the shoulder" shooting system for example) happening in rpgs.

Kinda like Borderlands? That even got people who don't normally play RPGs to play it.
DTJB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm up to late June in the game right now, good to know I won't be spoiled by the time this comes out. Judging by the preview it looks good, I only hope something is added to the movie it make it unique for those who played the game. Otherwise I'm going to feel like, "oh if this is going to advance like the game I played, why bother watching when I can just play the game again?" Still optimistic though.

Also, who's going to collect Isamu's pay for his work on this??? Confused
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Except it did. It did things that no rpg before it implemented, like perfectly incorporation the sim - dating part.

Thousand Arms says hello. A game where you have to go on dates and raise your female party members (and some non-party members) affection in order to "strengthen your sword" and get stronger (and if that's not a clever euphemism, I don't know what is)
Sleverin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote
DTJB wrote:
I'm up to late June in the game right now, good to know I won't be spoiled by the time this comes out. Judging by the preview it looks good, I only hope something is added to the movie it make it unique for those who played the game. Otherwise I'm going to feel like, "oh if this is going to advance like the game I played, why bother watching when I can just play the game again?" Still optimistic though.

Also, who's going to collect Isamu's pay for his work on this??? Confused

From what understand, this is the downfall of the Persona 4 anime. It's just the game animated, and while I am a fanboy, it still needs to be...I dunno, something more than just service for me and my fellows. There's a problem I could foresee though, that is presenting all the powerful symbolism correctly, which also was probably a problem in the anime as well. How could you shoehorn all the ideas of Platonic philosophy that was in a 60+ hour game into a 24 episode anime? It's just not gonna happen.
DTJB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Sleverin wrote:
From what understand, this is the downfall of the Persona 4 anime. It's just the game animated, and while I am a fanboy, it still needs to be...I dunno, something more than just service for me and my fellows. There's a problem I could foresee though, that is presenting all the powerful symbolism correctly, which also was probably a problem in the anime as well. How could you shoehorn all the ideas of Platonic philosophy that was in a 60+ hour game into a 24 episode anime? It's just not gonna happen.

Know how you feel. I've seen gameplay vids of P4 so I know how most of it plays out. Decided to watch a little of the first episode and once the transition animation from one day to another popped up (just like the game) I lost interest immediately. Tck, well I'm still curious but I won't be heavily invested anymore.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2