• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! 'Contract Renewed' Teaser Aired

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Oh my heart was not ready for this kawaii teaser. Otherwise, I hope it will be a S2 announcement soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
-MgZ_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Its obviously a season 2. Omg, I'm dying from happiness. Aaaah.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Eh... A season 2 would be okay, but... What exactly would they do with it? I suppose I wouldn't mind some slice of life fluff.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Id rather have a sequel to Hyouka which just kind of ended with no conclusion over the last 4 or 5 episodes.
jymmy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Honestly, I hope this announcement is indeed for a rerun. To me the Chuu-2 anime is perfect as it is. I rather not see this wonderful anime ruined by a mediocre, money-milking season 2. I would be open to a movie or more OVA's, but not to another season.

It's two novels, they adapted one and filled it out with a lot of their own material. You haven't read the second volume. How do you know it would be mediocre and how does that make it money-milking? I mean it actually is pretty crap, but then so was the first volume.
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
This show is so maximum precious and I know a lot of people who'd love to see it continue. Hoping this is hinting at some sorta sequel project!!
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:
It's two novels, they adapted one and filled it out with a lot of their own material. You haven't read the second volume. How do you know it would be mediocre and how does that make it money-milking? I mean it actually is pretty crap, but then so was the first volume.

I cannot guarantee a second season will be money-milking crap, but you cannot guarantee it would be good. The anime we got last year is great and does not need a sequel IMO.
Kohii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
jymmy wrote:

I cannot guarantee a second season will be money-milking crap, but you cannot guarantee it would be good. The anime we got last year is great and does not need a sequel IMO.

Or you can just ignore the second season (if it's indeed animated) and pretend it never happened.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:
Or you can just ignore the second season (if it's indeed animated) and pretend it never happened.

No. That will be hard to do. If it is a bad second season it will stain the whole franchise forever. However, if a second season of Chuu-2 is indeed made and it is good, I will be the first to admit that I was wrong.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Id rather have a sequel to Hyouka which just kind of ended with no conclusion over the last 4 or 5 episodes.

Is there even enough material for a Hyouka sequel? I've heard they're caught up with most of it.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
opn wrote:
Yeah its probably a S2 but most kyo ani shows are green lit 3 years before they air...so it might be a while unless this was planned from the begining.
Most recent ones seem to have been announced 9 months prior. KyoAni is getting quicker.
Incorrect. Nichijou was green-lit in 2009 (announced May 2010/aired April 2011), Hyouka was green-lit in 2010 (announced November 2011/aired April 2012), Chuunibyou was green-lit sometime in 2009-2010 (announced December 2011/aired Ovtober 2012), and Tamako Market was green-lit in 2010 (announced November 2012/aired January 2013). Announcements=/= decisions to animate.

I don't see how I'm "incorrect". All I said is they're greenlight-to-anime dates were getting faster. ANN's earliest "news" on Tamako market was Nov 28th 2012. That's my only source so as far as I knew/know that's the greenlight. Nov to Jan,That's faster than previous. ANN's first report on Chuuni it was Dec 27th,2011. It started airing in Oct 3rd. That's 281 days=appox 9 months.

In the end, 9 months from announcement to airing vs approx 2 months=faster.

I really do hope it's a new season but I'd still be happy if it was a re-air and KyoAni starts work on something new.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote
So a starter for a new season maybe
yu3lora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:31 am Reply with quote
Eh..... I'm satisfied with the ending. I dont want them to make another season.
jymmy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:14 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
jymmy wrote:

Of course it's not going to be good. Firstly, it's Chuunibyou - but that didn't prevent them from making the series in the first place. Secondly, it wasn't as good as the first volume - but that's no reason the story shouldn't have been continued: perhaps there'll be a third volume better than both current ones and for the existence and quality of which the second was necessary (exactly this happened with Haruhi, for example - well, with the fouth volume). Thirdly, the anime already invented and resolved a lot of stuff, but it was a damn harsh "hurr reality is stupid" conclusion that they could easily mould into "reality is nice too, sometimes" and make a better conclusion. And if they can't, it's their own damn stupid fault for shooting themself in the foot.

The fact remains, though, that it's an absolutely regular, legitimate continuation of the work and an adaptation to anime would in no sane way be "money-milking crap" any more than would any adaptation. There's no reason to step in and say, "Nope, no more, it might not be quite as good if you keep going." If they hadn't adapted the second season's worth of material from K-On! because it might not have been as good, we wouldn't have gotten the only good episodes in the entire two series. Nor, taking that line of thought, the Live House OVA, which was also good. Nor the movie, which was better than all of the manga and anime. Leaving Kyoto Animation for a moment, if they'd stopped after thirteen episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion in case it went downhill, none of what makes it a classic work would have existed. In fact it did go downhill budget-wise but made the best of it and became something totally different and far better. Same with Clannad - they adapted half of what existed, and then adapted the other half.

In short - there's no reason to think a sequel to Chuunibyou would be worthless any more than there is any sequel ever - especially since it's an adaptation of a work that already existed apart from the mentality of "let's make more because it sold well". Both were written, then the anime series adapted one. There's no reason to believe that adapting the other of two would be a bad idea outside of . The only reason the first season was good was because of what Kyoto Animation added (although they also removed stuff that hurt the show slightly), there's no reason to believe they won't be able to do the same with a second. If you don't want a second season, fine, but thinking they shouldn't make one makes no sense unless you exactly why it wouldn't work. I gave some reasons way back in my first paragraph, but I also think they could make it work as evidenced by how they made a slightly above average quirky light novel into a further-above average much more pedestrian anime series. They invented all the best stuff in the first season, I'd be interested to see how they could improve the second.

Edit: I jumped around a lot there: I think you might be right, but I think based on what they did to the first season it's also highly probable that they could produce a worthy continuation. I mostly disagree with the logic you seem to be following. It's a plausible conclusion, but not by the means you seem to be using.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:09 am Reply with quote
yea so likely we so have we get a s2 of chuunbiyou anime?

really if we are certain on a s2 yea we're so like fury get $10 from capt america that we're so got ya.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3