• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hideo Kojima Reveals Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote
What's with Big Boss' arm? When he falls unconscious he has his two arms but when he wakes up he misses one.
Panon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Still kind of can't believe this is the FOX Engine running on PS3/Xbox level specs, it looks outstanding. If this ended up being on the PS4 I'd get one based on it alone. But I'd buy it for anything, really.

Seeing MSF fall and Mother Base sinking into the ocean hurt to watch, I'm intrigued to see what direction things are going.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Hellrasinbrasin wrote:
The Metal Gear Solid Episode Timeline

[01] Metal Gear Solid III Snake Eater................1964
[02] Metal Gear Solid V Prologue
- Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker.....................1974
- Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes..................1974
[03] Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain.....1983
[04] Metal Gear Solid.....................................2005
[05] Metal Gear Solid II Sons of Liberty..............2007/2009
[06] Metal Gear Solid IV Guns of the Patriots........2014

You forgot Portable Ops which is set in 1970.

EDIT: You also forgot Metal Gear 1 & 2 (NOT Snake's Revenge) which are set in 1995 & 1999 respectively.

Last edited by NJ_ on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
.Eckilsax.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
these comments are more interesting then the news updates. please keep telling me why this MGS is much better than that MGS and why this MGS is total crap. your opinions are soo interesting.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quote
.Eckilsax. wrote:
these comments are more interesting then the news updates. please keep telling me why this MGS is much better than that MGS and why this MGS is total crap. your opinions are soo interesting.
If you people don't like others opinions, then why go on a forum at all? Things that are all about opinions. Why don't you tell me your opinions?

Why are the other MGS games better then 4? Easy. They actually celebrate their gameplay, not hide it. Their stories(even 2) are coherent and make sense in their established universe. And also are pretty consistent with each other.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:17 pm Reply with quote
You know, I'm thinking that maybe the player character isn't Big Boss. Watch the first few minutes, and it's clearly from the POV of a 3rd patient. Miller is asking about Big Boss and after BB gets stabilized Miller asks "What about him?" And the closest doctor turns his head.

I'm curious to see exactly what the truth of the matter is. Seems like we could be being mislead here. Then again none of the other games said Big Boss didn't have a prostetic arm...

I'm glad it's coming to Xbox because I don't have a PS3. I missed out on 4 because of it Sad
.Eckilsax.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote
seriously though, what's with the flaming unicorn?
Hellrasinbrasin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Rahxephon91"][quote=".Eckilsax."]these comments are more interesting then the news updates. please keep telling me why this MGS is much better than that MGS and why this MGS is total crap. your opinions are soo interesting.[/quote]If you people don't like others opinions, then why go on a forum at all? Things that are all about opinions. Why don't you tell me your opinions?

Why are the other MGS games better then 4? Easy. They actually celebrate their gameplay, not hide it. Their stories(even 2) are coherent and make sense in their established universe. And also are pretty consistent with each other.[/quote]

You're a bit off in reguard to MGS4.

1.The reason why MGS4 was jammed with a 12 1/2 hour story line was that Guns of the Patriots was the series finale.
2.Snake's perspective was more of a bitter angry man as that was Kojima's state at the time due to KONAMI pressing him into doing MGS4.
Hellrasinbrasin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
[quote=".Eckilsax."]seriously though, what's with the flaming unicorn?[/quote]

You don't remember Psycho Mantis's Lord of Illusion stunt from Metal Gear Solid do you?
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
You know, I'm thinking that maybe the player character isn't Big Boss. Watch the first few minutes, and it's clearly from the POV of a 3rd patient. Miller is asking about Big Boss and after BB gets stabilized Miller asks "What about him?" And the closest doctor turns his head.

I'm curious to see exactly what the truth of the matter is. Seems like we could be being mislead here. Then again none of the other games said Big Boss didn't have a prostetic arm...

I'm glad it's coming to Xbox because I don't have a PS3. I missed out on 4 because of it Sad

What sells me that the guy is Big Boss is that he has a vision of Volgin. Also, Ocelot helping a guy is unbelievable unless it happens to be the guy he admires the most, Big Boss.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
What sells me that the guy is Big Boss is that he has a vision of Volgin. Also, Ocelot helping a guy is unbelievable unless it happens to be the guy he admires the most, Big Boss.

What's the time stamp for the vision of Volgin? Also, yeah, I thought the guy on the horse was Ocelot too, but with the close up shot he didn't look quite like him...

I'm thinking that they some how set up the PC as a decoy for Big Boss. Still, I'm open to being wrong, but something tells me all is not what it seems...
.Eckilsax.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Hellrasinbrasin wrote:
.Eckilsax. wrote:

You don't remember Psycho Mantis's Lord of Illusion stunt from Metal Gear Solid do you?

I know mantis did illusions but this just seemed a bit random. then again, after the collection of circus freaks that passed for bosses in MGS3 I guess I shouldn't be surprised by random supernatural fantasy elements like unicorns and magical rainbows popping up in the franchise. Hope Kojima tones that shit down a bit in this iteration, or at least frames it in a less tone-breaking way.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
.Eckilsax. wrote:

I can offer you this substance that will make flaming unicorns appear and hope over double rainbows bro~ Its gooood for you
.Eckilsax.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
.Eckilsax. wrote:

I can offer you this substance that will make flaming unicorns appear and hope over double rainbows bro~ Its gooood for you

Really? Well, I'm in Toronto as well, hook me up. Wink
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
sainta wrote:

What's the time stamp for the vision of Volgin? Also, yeah, I thought the guy on the horse was Ocelot too, but with the close up shot he didn't look quite like him...

I'm thinking that they some how set up the PC as a decoy for Big Boss. Still, I'm open to being wrong, but something tells me all is not what it seems...

The "enemy" sorrounded by fire is actually Volgin. Probably a dream or a trick by Psycho Mantis.

Also Ocelot riding the horse like that really makes it obvious he is the Boss' son. Has this ever been confirmed?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4