• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fairy Tail Episode Ends With 'To Be Continued' Message

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kutsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:28 am Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
told you guys it's not the end. THey just want to wait for the manga to catch and use the Fairy Tail time slot for Attack of the Titans

I'll give you $100 (hope you have a paypal account Rolling Eyes ) if the Fairy Tail anime ever sees a continuation with a daytime weekly anime!

^

Except Gintama which is a very specific case because it has great DVD sales for a day-time anime, I struggle to think of one long running day-time show that came back in a similar day-time time-slot after a cancellation. As mentioned, Inuyasha came back in a late-night slot while HunterxHunter came back (10 years later) but got an entire reboot.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:08 am Reply with quote
Man, I'm gonna miss this show until it starts back up again. It's been a regular Saturday morning event for me ever since CR switched its release time to Friday nights.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:26 am Reply with quote
I hope they wait for the manga to end or least wait a loooooooooong time before they continue it. That way...no fillers!! And I also hope FUNImation continue to dub it.
Kanra_Nakura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote
Well we will see the outcome in the near future...First Bleach ended and then Gintama and Fairy Tail... The only ones that i can watch are One Piece and Naruto,though Naruto will ruin their reputation with those shitty fillers.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote
Kanra_Nakura wrote:
Well we will see the outcome in the near future...First Bleach ended and then Gintama and Fairy Tail... The only ones that i can watch are One Piece and Naruto,though Naruto will ruin their reputation with those shitty fillers.

You know you can skip fillers right?

At least when a show has fillers you don't have to wonder whether or not its going to come back.
Kanra_Nakura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
Kanra_Nakura wrote:

At least when a show has fillers you don't have to wonder whether or not its going to come back.

Well I'm only saying that Bleach ruined their Anime with Fillers and Naruto starts doing more and more Fillers,which will lead to thei cancellation in the near future Wink I'm betting 300 yen on it
ShadowDrive

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote
No way fairy tail will end !!!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

decepticons2 wrote:
Edit 1 Anyone know what is getting its Saturday spot next week?

Tanken Driland

What an ignominious fate.
aeris2001x2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:33 am Reply with quote
Kanra_Nakura wrote:
Tylerr wrote:
Kanra_Nakura wrote:

Well I'm only saying that Bleach ruined their Anime with Fillers and Naruto starts doing more and more Fillers,which will lead to thei cancellation in the near future Wink I'm betting 300 yen on it

If Kishimoto has any sense he will end the Manga relatively soon since its in the finale already. I want to see Naruto get a full Anime release and not be canceled so near the end.

I am hoping the reason they are having these fillers again over March and April is because the Canon from May will be an uninterrupted run right to the end of the canon/Manga.

Would pain me greatly to see the second best Shonen Battle Anime fall at the final hurdle and get canceled.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:11 am Reply with quote
Naruto won't get cancelled. It does decently in ratings, good in video game sales, pretty good in merchandising and average in movie gross (around 1 billion yen/movie, almost 1.5 billion for the past one if my memory serves me right). It's much stronger as a franchise than Bleach or Fairy Tail.

Hell a Naruto spin-off replaced Bleach, that says it all about their respective importance in the anime industry.
Kanra_Nakura

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:56 am Reply with quote
aeris2001x2 wrote:
Kanra_Nakura wrote:
Tylerr wrote:
Kanra_Nakura wrote:

If Kishimoto has any sense he will end the Manga relatively soon since its in the finale already. I want to see Naruto get a full Anime release and not be canceled so near the end.

I am hoping the reason they are having these fillers again over March and April is because the Canon from May will be an uninterrupted run right to the end of the canon/Manga.

Would pain me greatly to see the second best Shonen Battle Anime fall at the final hurdle and get canceled.

I also like the anime Smile it's my favourite so far but those FILLERS -.-
their not only mocking me, you know? everyone hates those nasty fillers. The only Filler which was quite good was this power arc but the others ... Don't want to mention those waste of budget expenses. they should make a hiatus when their getting to close to the manga. it is what i would do. but those f*cking kapitalists will squeeze this series so much that it will lead to their cancelation.right now they have at least enough manga material to produce 20 episodes.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote
Man, that major cliffhanger at the end with the clues leading to bigger and better things for future events to come is such a major tease!

Waiting for the confirmation for a continuation will be such a pain but from what Mashima said earlier that he said that some good news is still coming, I am not giving up hope that this will not be the last time we will see Fairy Tail in anime form again.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Mashima posted a tweet about it.

https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/317831936485769217

Google translate:

"I do not just say "to be continued" now, so far from over even the original re-broadcast on Thursday also some new OAD, thank you a Fairy Tale in the future"

Maybe someone who knows better Japanese than I could translate it better.

His twitter says "For now, 'to be continued' is the only thing I can say, but new OADs, thursday's reruns, and the original work are all still continuing so please continue to support fairy tail."

In other words, nothing useful.

I read that and get the sense that "To Be Continued" means reruns (lol) and OVAs.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:23 pm Reply with quote
"Fillers" are not the be-all end-all of a show being cancelled. Despite what those angry forum goers say, the anime-only stuff in Naruto does well. Things that are popular will be popular no matter what. Anime-only content doesn't hurt One Piece or Naruto because they're already popular and fans will watch it regardless. Most kids don't give a flying crap if something was in the manga or not.

Fairy Tail, and Bleach for that matter, are nowhere near as popular as those two series. So rather than be determined to hold it's timeslot with anime-only material to keep it going, they felt it would be more beneficial to end it for awhile and air another show until they decide to bring it back, if they do.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote
They really chose an awful moment to end it, the cliffhanger is a definite killer for anyone not reading the manga. With all the positive messages from Mashima, I have high hopes for the anime returning soon (maybe a year? They're not that awfully close to the manga and a year should be long enough to at least get this new-ish arc to a stable ground or even end, depending on which direction the mangaka goes)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3