• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Puffy AmiYumi at Otakon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tstidm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quote
They have also put on their website that they if available memberships fall below 2,000 by the last day to Pre-Register (Friday August 12th) then there won't be on site registration. If you are waiting to register for con, don't. You may not be able to attend. http://www.otakon.com/news_article.asp?id=133 is where they made this announcement.

It is cool that Puffy AmiYumi are going to stop by to say hi to us "cute" Otaku. Very Happy
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quote
tstidm wrote:
They have also put on their website that they if available memberships fall below 2,000 by the last day to Pre-Register (Friday August 12th) then there won't be on site registration. If you are waiting to register for con, don't. You may not be able to attend. http://www.otakon.com/news_article.asp?id=133 is where they made this announcement.

It is cool that Puffy AmiYumi are going to stop by to say hi to us "cute" Otaku. Very Happy

All I want to know is how do they feel about having a hit show on Cartoon Network?
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:47 pm Reply with quote
"they won't be performing or signing autographs"

sooo... that kinda defeats the purpose of them being there.
Demaar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I swear to goodness I'm not trolling, but what is the appeal of these two? Why do they have their own cartoon?
I've heard a few songs, and I honestly don't see what's so fantastic about them Confused

Edit>> Show is pretty good if there's nothing better to do, mind you.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tenchiplace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:35 am Reply with quote
Even if they won't br signing autographs, it would be fun to meet them.
I just bought 2 tickets to their Washington Dc show on Monday Night, after Okaton (Can't go to Okaton this year, due to the Maryland German Festival is the same weekend in Baltimore),at the 9:30 Club. They're my sister's birthday present. It was either this one or the Boston show Thursday the 24th.

Also, the music isn't that bad, Puffy Ami Yuu is the only Jpop, my country music loving wife can stand. What a terrible world I live in.
omnistry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:05 am Reply with quote
Too bad they won't do autographs, though. Such a shame.

I'm heading down to the Somerville Theater show (as mentioned in another post). I just hope I ain't the only college kid there (although the show has a big college following; but not as big as some sponge character).
Aresef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Man, next year Otakon'll probably have more guests than attendees. Not like that's necessarily a bad thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1