• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenzen12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote
For novel spoilers: spoiler[Dog were belonging Yui, car to Yukino. Owner of dog visited = Yui.]

It should lead to some not nice develepoment.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Best part of the episode was the s-CRY-ed reference, but at least this episode was better than the previous three.
DKL

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:55 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
He is practically spoiler[Hasuta] level.

Yes... so much yes >_>

Also, I'm a little annoyed that I have to be late to the party since Crunchyroll only gets these in like... today.

That said, aside from the trap, I'm pretty sure I like the... orange hair girl with her hair tied up.

It was cute when spoiler[she tried asking for Hikki's number]...

And I like her spunkiness in general.

Also, I too think that she spoiler[was the owner of the doggy and prospective "thank you" person that never really showed up]...

I mean, unless they're trolling us with the flashback.

That said, tentatively, I think the OTP will be Hikki and the long-haired chick (though I'm not very interested in her as I am in everyone else)... but who knows?

I'm placing my bets as we speak.

Also, beginning of episode 4 was all... my little sister can't be this cute.

Last edited by DKL on Thu May 02, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
thenix

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I love the humor in this show. It's almost like they know what you are expecting (from cliche's) and then just go the other direction. It's interesting and funny.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Man even Hikki can look suave. Both girls were also classy with their dresses. It is funny how Yukino can't let Hikki have a good moment without being made fun of. She ruined the good older brother moment. I know Hikki had his issues before but how he treated Yui in the end was unacceptable. I hope they solve this problem in the next episode, but the title spoiler[His and Her beginning finally comes to an end ] doesn't give me any confidence.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
Beautiful new ED song.

The episode was okay and those maid outfits and dresses were very beautiful. Beautiful episode to this beautiful series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Clarste

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:58 am Reply with quote
Most of the episode felt like a waste of time, but the end was worth it. Seems like we're finally confronting the characters on their issues.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:03 am Reply with quote
So why did Yukino have a dress in Yui's size? Seems pretty odd.

I get what they were trying to do with the theme this week but the writing just isn't very good.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 5 (I started this habit by others request so we could tell when to not read but no one has done it this week)

Well to be honest the main story this week was not the best, not bad but perhaps lacking in good writing. There are still some good jokes here and there, but the best bit was what they snuck in, and that is Hikki's character, and his loneliness.

I found the ending the ending to actually be beautiful, not just the ED (although it was) but the whole deal. Hikki basically full out spoiler[said that he thinks that Yui is being nice out of some placement of guilt or needing to repay a favour]. This does not go spoiler[down well with Yui, who is upset, and it looks like Hikki is insensitive], although the truth seems to go down even further. It appears that Hikki thinks spoiler[Yui may be better than that, but he said what he did to kind of push her away, that if he thought about he might believe that she likes him]. It appears to me that he actually said what he did to spoiler[save himself from the pain of confessing and the being looked down by Yui thinking of him as gross, it is better for him to play the victim now instead of becoming the gross guy who confessed to his friend]. It also says something about how spoiler[he has no hope, that he is telling himself there is no way she could like him].

The episode preview seemed to imply that spoiler[Yui will stop attending their club, and Yukino will have to deal with the fact that she actually wanted to be Yui's friend]. And if it is playing out how I think it is, there will be some irony in that spoiler[her jabs at Hikki have only made him lose further self confidence that contributed him do what he did]. If it is done right it could be something very good, giving the male lead a broken bird syndrome might just work. Although at the same time I should be a little like Hikki and expect it to be "wrong as I expected".
Treeborn

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Clarste wrote:
Most of the episode felt like a waste of time, but the end was worth it. Seems like we're finally confronting the characters on their issues.

I was about to write that! For the type of show this is trying to be (F the world and all that), it really lacked drama. Glad to see it's finally going to go where it should. Also, glad to see it broke out of that "Haganai" skeleton it followed.
EricJ

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Just so I know where to find it on Crunchyroll, this is the now officially titled "My Romantic Comedy SNAFU", isn't it?
(Might want to change header accordingly.)
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote
i was rather uninterested in this series at the start, the obvious bad boy main character and the equally well known two female lead characters seemed a small meal to run for an entire series. I mean where can it really go? but then they started dropping new things in . the younger sister was well done. And there are some nice location shots that opened up the feeling a bit more. Now i am not sure what will happen and it seems more hopeful.

An odd series, clearly they were determined to do a school series with a twist...but not sure yet what the twist may really be. Stay tuned, i plan to.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:55 pm Reply with quote
CrisGer A.A. wrote:
i was rather uninterested in this series at the start, the obvious bad boy main character and the equally well known two female lead characters seemed a small meal to run for an entire series. I mean where can it really go? but then they started dropping new things in . the younger sister was well done. And there are some nice location shots that opened up the feeling a bit more. Now i am not sure what will happen and it seems more hopeful.

An odd series, clearly they were determined to do a school series with a twist...but not sure yet what the twist may really be. Stay tuned, i plan to.

Wait? Did you just say "bad boy main character?" Seriously? For realz? You think *Hachiman* is a bad boy character? Did we even watch the same show? Hachiman is about as far from being a "bad boy" character as you can get. He basically gets crapped on by almost everyone. If you mean he's got a horrible view on life, then yes, he does. But "bad boy" he is not.

More generally, I wish Crunchyroll aired this a little closer to its actual air date. Being a whole week behind a good chunk of the viewership is kind of a pain.
Magiotti

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Best part of the episode was the s-CRY-ed reference, but at least this episode was better than the previous three.

Lol im glad i wasnt the only one who caught that, it brought back good memories.
thenix

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:52 am Reply with quote
The girl from "The Stream" article doesn't seem to appreciate this show. Like she seems to be taking it way to seriously. This show has so much parody in it, and playing with viewers expectations I think it's brilliant. Whether or not you like the humor or smart ass quips back and forth is your opinion but to say the show is boring and bad because of it isn't really right. She likes Polar Bear Cafe though and Bodacious Space Pirates which I think are horribly boring because they are very slow and the humor is just goofy cute creatures doing goofy cute things. I mean I guess she's ranking anime this season based on how she likes it personally instead of how good she professionally is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 19