• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Photo Kano (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Mai Nakahara using her Selnia voice as a bitchy class president has me hooked above all else. Could use more ojou-sama speech though.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:27 pm Reply with quote
This show tickles my fancy quite a bit. Dem school swimsuits, man. Mmmm.

I also dabbled a bit with photography myself back in high school.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
It must be a little odd that I thought of professor Oak saying that the picture would have been better if the subject was in the middle of the photo. The N64 is what comes to mind when I think of photography, who knew. It is clear then that he must go around throwing apples and pesticide balls at people to get better poses.
casualfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
So far enjoying the introduction episode. But the coming episodes is where it gets tricky with character building. Hopefully they can keep it interesting.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

If there was something I liked about this show, it would be some of the visuals, for reason the idea of describing the show is Amagami SS mixed with Waiting in the Summer. You have Amagami's lame everydude attracting the ladies for some reason, and Summer's visual flare. Of note I liked what they did the water, it just looked more interesting, whether the morning light, or the view from bellow.

The opening tune is catchy too, I possibly like it that it just does not feel like a song that screams "THIS IS AN OPENING SONG". Instead it feels soft, kind of beautiful, and almost like it has a story behind it, that kind of sounds like description of a photo. Perhaps that is why it is somewhat fitting.

At least the guy ain't a total pervert, but he has his weak times too. I guess he is strong to what he is without fear of persecution, but how does he get away with being so liked despite almost doing sexual harassment?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:27 am Reply with quote
After seeing his character for three episodes, I just don't get his decision in episode one to join the pervy club. He definitely thought on it, but it feels out of character for him to have made that choice. Sure he may like taking photos of hot girls, but he doesn't fall in line with the attitude and aggressive nature of the other club members, and he seems to connect to his photo targets better. Quit that club, join the other one, get all the hot girls.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Anyone notice the stealth girl photographer of the club turning translucent as she and the other members were walking away? Smile

Entertaining show so far. The MC happens to have the luckiest accidents around. One thing that's been bothering me is that he doesn't focus on the subject's eyes while taking photos. Watching the red AF light blink on the subject's back, chest, neck, thigh, etc. (basically whatever is at the center of the frame) was kinda funny. Generally, you focus on the eyes and recompose the frame to get a good composition.
Riddley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
After seeing his character for three episodes, I just don't get his decision in episode one to join the pervy club. He definitely thought on it, but it feels out of character for him to have made that choice. Sure he may like taking photos of hot girls, but he doesn't fall in line with the attitude and aggressive nature of the other club members, and he seems to connect to his photo targets better. Quit that club, join the other one, get all the hot girls.

Peer pressure. And yeah, I think it's really the dynamic of him having that artistic side that keeps the show from going into perv territory while sitting right on the borderline.

Like, the swimsuit shots and stuff are not very artsy...I was thinking with her coming off the high-dives they'd really show he's more interested in art, so like, that he'd take pics of her doing dive forms, but then it just de-evolved into sexy swimsuit poses...

Which makes sense...he's a teenager. Which of us wouldn't have done the same thing if we're honest.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. Expecting this guy to have no libido would be ridiculous.

That said, he is one lucky SOB! A kiss, a boob grope, a panty shot... And no one hit him or anything! Amazing.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I like how he is not portrayed as a pervert, but it still shows him enjoying the scenes with the girls like any heterosexual teenage boy would.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote
Just watched eppie 2. I was hoping we'd get a full on, "oh noes, spoiler[I fell and my panty-clad gitch ended up right on your face!"] moment, but they settled for an, "oh noes, spoiler[I fell and my spread legs ended up on your chest and you the character probably got to see my panties, but the horndog audience, didn't."] I'm gonna have to deduct points for that.

Anyway, there was a long gap between me seeing the first eppie and seeing the second (since I had to wait for CR's schedule) so it's taking me a long time to actually remember and figure out who the girls, but I guess I'll get the hang of it.

Still enjoying this pervy, voyeuristic show.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Just watched eppie 2. I was hoping we'd get a full on, "oh noes, spoiler[I fell and my panty-clad gitch ended up right on your face!"] moment, but they settled for an, "oh noes, spoiler[I fell and my spread legs ended up on your chest and you the character probably got to see my panties, but the horndog audience, didn't."] I'm gonna have to deduct points for that.

I've been lurking around a bit... and had to stop in to giggle at you, Blood-. Smile I second your motion to deduct points. Totally disappointed by that.

I wish I could post here more. But with work and my books taking off, it's tough to even find a moment of free time. Anime cry

Not really crazy about this show... sure, it's pure harem, but I'm not crazy about the MC. I was really put off by him joining the pervy club. I find it interesting that some of you have noted that the manga spoiler[takes a different path] and that, in the game, spoiler[ you have options]. It's neat that they're going to show both sides, essentially.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote
Hey, Bento-Box, nice to see you again! I wish you could post more, too. By the way, what do you mean about your books taking off? That's sounds interesting.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Hey, Bento-Box, nice to see you again! I wish you could post more, too. By the way, what do you mean about your books taking off? That's sounds interesting.

Nice to see you too! I'm going to make an effort to come around more. Smile

As for my book... I finished the second installment of my graphic novel and have been selling out at conventions. Feels pretty good. I've gotten a lot of commissions and have been doing really good. I'm working on the third book now and hope to have the third and fourth available by next spring. Smile Given that I work 45 hours a week now, the book consumes the rest of my free time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, B-B! Glad to hear your creative stuff is going well for you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10