• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Photo Kano (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote

Photo Kano
Genre: School, romance

I lol'd @ the OP song and the beginning seems like a bunch of characters are introduced including a...surprise, imouto type. Dunno why but this reminded me of Ano Natsu somewhat. One of the girls also has her face covered with a lot of hair.

Anyways, kinda got what I expected which was actually somewhat better than I originally hoped for.

Last edited by Stark700 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote
The director for this did a lot of work under Yuasa for his three TV series, as well as some work on Dennou Coil and RahXephon. Could a be generic harem series with some unique qualities?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:33 am Reply with quote
Hmm interesting... I read a couple of the manga chapters 2 weeks ago and it seems like the anime has already taken a different approach. In the manga he joined spoiler[the photo club, not the photography club like he did in the anime. I wonder if this will be a significant difference]. And wow there sure is a lot of female characters. I checked MAL and I counted 7 main female characters (they are all seen in the picture Stark posted). These 7 don't even include his little sister, the photo club president and the Cousin Itt girl in his club.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:32 am Reply with quote
As someone with slightly above average knowledge and general interest in photography, I was getting a bit geeked up while watching this. Though it's funny that one of the characters called his camera "like ones pros use." Sure, DSLRs are above your average point-and-shoot camera, but a Canon Rebel (aka Kiss in some regions) with a kit lens is just entry-level. I wonder if he'll get upgrades as the story progresses. I bet his dad is sporting a 5D or higher. Very Happy

Overall, I'm not sure where the story is headed. He joined spoiler[the group of misfits who focus in taking erotic or "hidden" photos instead of the group (or should I say pair?) who focus on general photography]. Something tells me that he's going to get real popular real soon.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Argh, why did he spoiler[join the Photography club]? It is like he wanted hisspoiler[ reputation to sink by associating with those perverts, instead of being part of a respectful group]. For some reason girls seem to drop their guard around him, and he is going to use it for evil.

I like the character designs enough, well except for the photography club, the lone girl might be okay but I will have to see some character. I could probably do with less dirty shots, like peeking down his sister's top, but there was some interesting choice in the whole photo thing and showing the scenery.

Looks like we have a harem anime that likely has a bunch of drama between the characters. That one girl at the end look like she spoiler[has a crush on another girl.] I
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 1

Argh, why did he spoiler[join the Photography club]? It is like he wanted hisspoiler[ reputation to sink by associating with those perverts, instead of being part of a respectful group]. I

Yup I am confused why it took a different path from the manga. Maybe he is going to leave and join the other one later?
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 1

Argh, why did he spoiler[join the Photography club]? It is like he wanted hisspoiler[ reputation to sink by associating with those perverts, instead of being part of a respectful group]. I

Yup I am confused why it took a different path from the manga. Maybe he is going to leave and join the other one later?

Isn't this actually based on a game? I'm betting in the game you're given a choice of which club to join, and the manga just adapted a different route than the anime.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote
The only selection criteria he gave was that spoiler[he didn't want to take creepy photos. So, between the creepy photo club and the not-creepy photo club, he chooses... um... huh?] A little bit more internal dialogue might have helped there.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
yoshiyukiblade wrote:
Though it's funny that one of the characters called his camera "like ones pros use." Sure, DSLRs are above your average point-and-shoot camera, but a Canon Rebel (aka Kiss in some regions) with a kit lens is just entry-level.

All my photographer friends are wondering:
1. spoiler[There's no lens could cover that much of zoom, not to mention the protagonist has only a 18-55 kit, not a "travel zoom," and the focusing speed is too fast for an entry level body e.g. Rebel/Kiss/xx0D.]
2. spoiler[Just how much has Canon sponsored the show?] Mr. Green

yoshiyukiblade wrote:
I wonder if he'll get upgrades as the story progresses.

For portraits, he should have bought an 85/1.2L Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote
an unfortunate choice in spoiler[clubs], but he seems like a nice, respectable guy and I don't think he will do anything skeevey. At least I hope he doesn't. So far, he is no worse than Junichi from Amagami. I like the show so far so I'll keep watching
Parse Error

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I had a really difficult time trying to stay interested, and for the sake of finishing the episode just went with hoping that at any moment it would turn into some kind of Speed Grapher parody where girls' clothes would explode when he takes their pictures, but no such luck. It did come amusingly close when it actually turned out each of the Photography Club members had their own perverted specialty, and also I can't help but to be curious about where the choice he made will lead. Still, if there's enough else to keep me busy this season, I probably won't even give it the normal three episodes because it's just far too unlikely to be my cup of tea.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I like all the pretty girls and the pervy camera angles. The makers of this show "get" me. Looks like this title will eventually end up in my "Seen All" category.
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:38 am Reply with quote
Alright, new season!

I always like a show that reminds me that high school girls do indeed wear underwear. Also, is it just me or are most of these chicks unnaturally stacked?

I can't tell if this show is going for fanservice or genuine romcom.

That said, I like the show. I like the girls, the music, the animation and the plot (so far). I always wondered what Aizen did during high school and now I know--he ran an up-skirt photography club!

I also find it funny that when the main guy was thinking about taking sexy pictures of girls late in the episode, his sister came up lying seductively. Maybe he just has too much exposure to her tweenage lingerie that she trounces around the house in.

I'm also a big fan of animes subtly changing the names of licensed products as to avoid conflict. In this episode, we see the recognized brand of Canan cameras and the refreshing taste of Dr. Popper.

spoiler[there's also a lot of crotch shots in this show. And I enjoy the impossible angle photo MC took of ribbon girl before she noticed him and we saw her crotch. Crotch crotch crotch. ]

Welp, that word just lost meaning to me. Looking forward to seeing the next few episodes, I feel like this show has promise and I hope it doesn't melt (further) into a typical school blech show.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
ok, the whole spoiler[sneaking into school bit] was kinda stupid, but so far Kazuya has spoiler[not succumbed to the dark side of] the photography club. He should definitely switch clubs, but now that spoiler[Haruka] has their undivided attention, perhaps it's best he stay there and try to protect her as much as possible
Riddley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I like all the pretty girls and the pervy camera angles. The makers of this show "get" me. Looks like this title will eventually end up in my "Seen All" category.

Yeah, much as I agree with Bamboo's assessment of this anime, this is, sadly, a very guilty pleasure for me. The only reason being that the writing is somewhat smart and I'm liking his kick-back against the pervy elements.

From the highlight it doesn't look like it's going to get any better...looks like swimsuit pics of spoiler[class prez] next eppy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10