• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Xillia RPG to Ship in U.S. on August 6

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
About how long does it take to beat a Tales game?

Varies considerably by game, how much of the optional content you do, and how you approach the potentially grindy/farmy elements in some if them.

My first pkaythroughs of Graces F (including the extra story arc) and Vesperia took over 100 hours and I didn't even do everything, but some people did more in less time. Both if those games have skill/growth systems that encourage grinding or farming, though you can certainly finish the game without doing that.

Symphonia and Abyss don't have such things, so my time was in the 50-75 hour range.

Quote:
Speaking of, how much post-story content do they tend to have? I like games that have plenty to do after you beat the "main game", so to speak.

Typically, a lot. Especially Graces and Vesperia. One of the big criticisms of Xillia is that it felt lacking in content compared to most Tales games, but it still has a decent amount. I know it has a optional dungeon.
Expias

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
What does that have to do with what I said? Yeah, a PS3 game selling well means another PS3 game gets localized. Baba said they aren't localizing Vita games because people don't have a Vita in NA... a PS3 game selling isn't going to make more people own a Vita.

And what Im saying is that they're all tales games, so if the franchise sells well in general, then they'll bring more game out for every system in that franchise

I... don't think sales actually works that way. They specifically say that they don't have interest in bringing a game on a specific platform because that PLATFORM is not doing well. The overall sales of the franchise doesn't correlate.

That's like saying since Final Fantasy almost usually does well, that Square Enix will release Final Fantasy Type-0 (but nope not happening, because US/NA PSP sales just were not good).

Many NA publishers talk about reluctance to release certain games not just because of franchise sales, but because that specific game's platform does not perform well in NA; Re: PSP and starting to look like Vita as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2