• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Busters! Refrain Teaser Aired

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
takasu95

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
JC Staff Completely Friendzoned the **** out of this first season. there were a couple of teasers (midori feeling up riki, and kanata disguised as haruka talking to riki "hey riki do you....like me") but damn atleast make it like the visual novel. its not going to be a harem if he wakes up and move to the next route JC Staff, so its ok to add romance. i believe a harem is a group of girls clinging on to the main character. the only time it felt that way was the sleepover episode that was it. other than that its not a harem. there was in fact no romance in this season and i have no idea why it is even labeled as romance anime if there was no romance between the main character or the heroines in it at all.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quote
takasu95 wrote:
JC Staff Completely Friendzoned the **** out of this first season. there were a couple of teasers (midori feeling up riki, and kanata disguised as haruka talking to riki "hey riki do you....like me") but damn atleast make it like the visual novel. its not going to be a harem if he wakes up and move to the next route JC Staff, so its ok to add romance. i believe a harem is a group of girls clinging on to the main character. the only time it felt that way was the sleepover episode that was it. other than that its not a harem. there was in fact no romance in this season and i have no idea why it is even labeled as romance anime if there was no romance between the main character or the heroines in it at all.

For a first time viewer, it would be weird if he went around confessing his love to all the girls while acting like he doesn't like them anymore later on. Removing the romance is the best part to do a show like this.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Except how the hell are they going to handle Yui-chan's route? Well, they'll cross that bridge when it comes I guess. Not a fan of the PV that was posted, but I guess it will be forgotten by those who haven't played the VN after the 6 months or so.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote
While I'm normally the type to want to get as much into the base source material a possible, I can't say I've played or have the convinence to play the VN, so I can't tell what exactly was changed or not(However I did get the sense that some of the stories could have been better handled)

I can't wait for refrain though!
kanechin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
please refrain from looking at Kud or you will turn your keyboard into a fly trap.
ronelm2000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Except how the hell are they going to handle Yui-chan's route? Well, they'll cross that bridge when it comes I guess. Not a fan of the PV that was posted, but I guess it will be forgotten by those who haven't played the VN after the 6 months or so.

I personally think this will be when JC will finally draw the line and push for Kurugaya's love route.... hopefully.
copycatzero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Except how the hell are they going to handle Yui-chan's route?

Haven't played the original game (yet?), but, I would imagine, if the difficulty to doing Kurugaya's route is that it depends too heavily on romantic issue that make it impossible to mesh with the way they're handling the rest of the plot, they'll slice it off and do it as an alternate universe OVA, like Clannad did.

Also, I didn't realize until reading this thread that KyoAni didn't handle the series this time around. I had thought they'd be doing all of them.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
It won't work as an AU OVA. Unlike Kyou/Tomoyo there is vital information in Kurugaya's route. Yet her route is almost 100% romance. I think I already know how JC Staff will handle it, or at least, how I hope they will handle it, but that involves spoilers so I'll refrain from doing so.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
It won't work as an AU OVA. Unlike Kyou/Tomoyo there is vital information in Kurugaya's route. Yet her route is almost 100% romance. I think I already know how JC Staff will handle it, or at least, how I hope they will handle it, but that involves spoilers so I'll refrain from doing so.

If I'm thinking of it the same way you are, which is spoiler[Having the romance and all but then resetting it for Refrain and having him forget it all, similar to how Rin forget everything at the reset], I think that would be a great way to handle it. Kurugaya's route just can't be done without a total rewrite if they're going to take out the romance.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Pretty much, yes, but I imagine they'll do Kurugaya's arc first and then lead up to Rin2 which clearly goes straight into Refrain.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2