• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 2000% (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote

Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 2000%

Plot Summary

Second season of Uta no Prince-sama. Now that Nanami and the gang have graduated and debuted as pros, they are now tasked with attending a master course in order to improve and become real pros

Episode 1
Well, it's back, and it's FABULOUS! Haruka is a bit of a dork, but I'll take dorkiness over the blank slate that this Amnesia's heroine any day. Good ole Wakamoto stole the show with his brief appearance and I hope we get to see more of him
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Maximum Manliness 2000%! Or something like that. Syo's my favorite of our candy-bright boys, so I perhaps enjoyed this episode more than it deserved. But that really is the fun thing about UtaPri - it is simultaneously horrible and fabulous. From a "I can't stop being a writing teacher" perspective, there are way too many named characters with the new sempai, but as someone who really needed something to make me smile today, I just enjoy looking at them all.

Hopefully this post will help get others going - sure this isn't as terrible as Amnesia was, but surely we can at least all fangirl/boy about our favorite princes of song. Or express terror for Haruka's eyes. Whatever. Very Happy
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I watch this just for the over the top silliness and it never fails to put a smile on my face. Not many other shows will I say that about.
scarletmoonwish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote
The Ending song cannot be unseen.
Those shakes Shocked
willoworacle14

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:24 am Reply with quote
I don't usually like....musical animeness, but this is SO sososososo cute! <3
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I'm not sure about this season 2. I honestly admit that I am somewhat of a fan of the first season and that the first pilot episode of this series actually caught my attention with those pioneer princes. However, things are starting to fall apart now as it seems to concentrate on individual characters similar to what Love Live did in the beginning.

I have no idea the direction this show will be heading but so far, I'm not liking it anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote
same thing happened in the first season as well. several of the guys got their own character focus episodes in which some sort of problem needed to be solved
SailorStarish

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote
This is a really great anime for girls and women. I'm a 31-year old woman and I can't get enough of it!

The male characters are really interesting, especially the rivalry between STARISH and Quartet Night. Nanami is a bit like a 5 year old, but still interesting not to get bored.

I love the songs and background music. I really love the performance by STARISH with those sexy dance moves!

I seriously hope there will be many more seasons to come-soon! Very Happy
SailorStarish

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I liked the fact that they went from being young high school kids to older teens with more responsibilities and challenges.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit I'm liking this season less than the previous, mostly because I think Cecil is a dumb character -well, dumber than the rest- and they've given him too big of a role this season, which bores the living daylights out of me.

I'm also worried that, now that the main plot has been unveiledspoiler[ Cecil joining Starish while refusinf his duties to the "crown" and Haruka writing a new song for the seven of them,] that Tokiya won't get his own individual song like the rest. We're already 8 episodes in, and it would really suck if we didn't get an extra cool Tokiya song/episode just because they decided to give all this season to the mystical cat-cursed greek prince-I don't know wtf is wrong with them- stuff.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watched this but just by looking at the screenshots, I do not find any of these guys attractive....and I'm rather disturbed by this.

I guess I don't like the character designs...:/ Ah well.

Watching too many new series as it is....
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I haven't watched this but just by looking at the screenshots, I do not find any of these guys attractive....and I'm rather disturbed by this.

I guess I don't like the character designs...:/ Ah well.

Everything in this show is very bright and colorful and that goes for the guys as well. Maybe that's the problem, they are just too shiny for you to handle
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:37 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Everything in this show is very bright and colorful and that goes for the guys as well. Maybe that's the problem, they are just too shiny for you to handle

No....it's the.....faces and the hair styles. :/

I find guys like Kiri and Maou far more appealing. Anime hyper
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

No....it's the.....faces and the hair styles. :/

My sister spends every episode involving Ren making scissor motions with her fingers - she hates his hairstyle, so I can see how that would make the show hard to enjoy if you felt that way about everyone.

It does look like we're done with the character-centric episodes, although I suppose the last one could still happen. The best part of this week for me was listening to Shining Saotome roll those r's that weren't even in the words he was saying. Laughing
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:

It does look like we're done with the character-centric episodes, although I suppose the last one could still happen. The best part of this week for me was listening to Shining Saotome roll those r's that weren't even in the words he was saying. Laughing

gotta wonder if the ADR director just tells Wakamoto to ad lib and just simply make Shining as hamtastic as possible
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3