• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lesbian / Bisexual Website Profiles Yuri

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I post on Yuricon, but I won't admit that I am a guy on the board.
yuricon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

J-Syxx wrote:
You don't know what you're talking about. Shoujo-ai fandom is easily half female. Maybe even more than half, or perhaps a little less, but the female fan population in the fandom is quite large. Hahahaha at your baseless opininon.

Well, clearly, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. Thank you for the counterpoint, which is also nothing more than a "baseless opininon," except that you are trying to pass yours off as fact. At least I was upfront with my speculation being just that - speculation.

Andromeda wrote:
Your speculation is only that, and entirely wrong.

I don't believe I claimed it to be anything more. I appreciate your very lengthy post on the subject but I see nothing more than a first-hand perspective with a few personal examples.

Maybe this will help resolve this issue: The Yuricon membership (approximately 1500 members at this time) is almost exactly split equally between male and female members. We have active participants that are straight, bi, gay and trans.

And the distinction that "women like romance more than sex" was disproved about 40 years ago, folks. Seriously, I think we all need to move past that. In five years of running Yuricon, I have yet to see any sign of that.
yuricon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
I post on Yuricon, but I won't admit that I am a guy on the board.

You *know* we don't care what you are, right? Everyone is welcome on Yuricon, whatever your gender identification or sexuality. Very Happy

(In any case, I can almost always tell who is a guy and who isn't. Years of stylistic analysis and lingusitics have made me pretty accurate at it.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3