• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Valvrave the Liberator (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote
So now the spoiler[whole world knows the truth regarding Saki]..

Wow, I feel sorry for the girl for being called a monster there as I feel that Cain is the worst monster so far. Poor L-Elf also. The way he is depressing over the loss of his love is definitely something not pleasant to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
So, will someone fire the Dorssians' prison attire fashion designer? I mean, come on.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:14 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 8

So things are not looking great as everyone is spoiler[probably going to be afraid of them after they started getting support]. Kind of ironic with what Dorssians did since their spoiler[entire leadership seems to actually be bodysnatching aliens].

But it is rather shallow to call spoiler[someone inhuman just because of what Saki can do]. I like to think the important parts are the acts.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Season 2, Episode 8

So things are not looking great as everyone is spoiler[probably going to be afraid of them after they started getting support]. Kind of ironic with what Dorssians did since their spoiler[entire leadership seems to actually be bodysnatching aliens].

But it is rather shallow to call spoiler[someone inhuman just because of what Saki can do]. I like to think the important parts are the acts.

it's politic. The entire world was turning against Dorssia.
Dorssia needs to pay for what they did to saki.

Remember is spoiler[Jior is going to conquered they world]. This is just as planned.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
How it should have gone:

"What is the meaning of this!!!???"

"I'm sure it's just CG."

"Oh, that's a good point. Okay, let's continue our meeting."
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
They are so screwed. They are about to lose most of their support and the brains of the operation is depressed.
Galap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:31 am Reply with quote
When I saw Saki strung up there I knew exactly what was going to happen, and that it was going to work.

Wish we actually got to see the action of her and A-Drei going at it. Apparantly she didn't win that fight, but it would have been nice to see that go down.

Yeah, one of the main themes of this show seems to be that it's better to tell people when there is a problem. You create your own demons by keeping things secret. If they'd told everyone about the kamitsuki phenomenon, it would have gone over better, by being revealed not at that time, and not in that way. I knew they were going to get bit in the ass over that one.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:43 am Reply with quote
Haruto as all eyes in the gymnasium swivel to him:

"Oh, did I forget to mention that becoming a Valvrave pilot means turning into a blood-sucking, immortal, evil space vampire? Wow, is my face red."

That's been one facet that has always bothered me. Obviously all the Valvrave pilots suffer from the same condition but Haruto is the only one we ever actually see struggle with the negative effects.

And that spoiler[weird body bag that Saki was in was seriously creepy...]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Holy s^$@ that was a blood bath. spoiler[RIP Inuzuka and the New Jior. You guys had a great run.] With that said I really can't wait for the conclusion of this series. I will be extremely satisfied with spoiler[Haruto and crew wiping out the Maguis, Cain, Dorssian president and Arus president.] I think that A-drei, X-eins and maybe Q-vier will end up spoiler[joining Haruto's side.]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote
The stupidity maybe shifted over a bit too far to the "oh, come on" side for this episode.

spoiler["No, that's not our ship."]

spoiler["I found out about the Phantoms on this trip, and it's a Dorssian ship, not ours."]

spoiler["No, we aren't eating people, the Dorssians are."]

spoiler["Actually, the Dorssians, who, among other things, used poison gas attacks against us, are lying."]

All better choices than spoiler["Um... I... uh..." You may not have much luck with the foreign leaders who bring military assault squads to diplomatic meetings, but it might fly better with your own people. Just a thought, Haruto.]

By the way, did we get an explanation of how exactly the spoiler[scientists got on the Phantom]?

Does spoiler[explodedboy just float in space forever, or does he actually die]?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:09 am Reply with quote
One major question this episode brought to my attention (besides some rather forced drama) was the exact existent of the immortality the pilots have. All of the wounds the have received so far have been from gunshots and knifes but what would have if they cut off their limbs? Would their limbs grow back? What about decapitating them?

The massive explosion leads me to believe that our blue pilot fellow is probably dead but if the power of their immortality is truly OP it could probably rebuild his body after some time couldn't it? (kind of like Buu from DBZ)

That aside yeah this episode was a bit much.

The distrust among themselves was what really blew my mind. They have been fighting together for literally years trying to build themselves up and finally become an independent nation. Yes it was probably wrong to keep the immortality thing a secret but that alone shouldn't be enough for you simply turn a blind eye to the people who have been protecting you this whole time. And then the fools actually thought that the fat white haired bastard would keep his promise about sparing them if they gave up Haruto. I mean this guy just ordered pretty much the majority of your people to be killed already. What on earth makes you think he'd spare just a few remaining people who he sees as monsters?.............
Just another day in valvrave i suppose Confused
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:31 am Reply with quote
Wow....I'm speechless.

On another note, I learned to never mess with Shouko as long as Akira is around.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:49 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 9

Wow! I don't know if I have felt this special kind of sick since I saw "kill all the Japanese". I am just too soft for this kind of thing, I can't deal with seeing a massacre like that, at this point screw the leaders of both countries, and make them pay. It really seems like comparing this episode to a certain episode of Code Geass is not a far stretch.

It is a personal preference, but after seeing that I can't say how much I want to come back. On the upside I don't know spoiler[how much more they can lose], and I made it this far.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:26 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:

By the way, did we get an explanation of how exactly the spoiler[scientists got on the Phantom]?

Are you talking about that girl's spoiler[dad and the other people like the news reporter? Then it was probably done by Arus soldiers. If you rewatch the last scene of the last episode of season 1, you will see that Arus president is already in cahoots with the bad guys. This was all a set up. He never had any intention in helping New Jior.]
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:36 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
The stupidity maybe shifted over a bit too far to the "oh, come on" side for this episode.

All better choices than spoiler["Um... I... uh..." You may not have much luck with the foreign leaders who bring military assault squads to diplomatic meetings, but it might fly better with your own people. Just a thought, Haruto.]

Yeah, it really is amazing how much time a characters can spend stuttering in these crucial situations instead of speaking one or two coherent scentences that could solve the situation. Always drives me mad, no exception here.

Other than that, the spoiler[sacrifice] really had me tearing up there for a second, much more than the one from two weeks ago, as we got to know the character much better. I also thought his motivations for doing what he did were plausible, given how he has been portrayed so far. The direction this show is taking, I believe we can almost assume for one more or less major character to spoiler[kick the bucket] every week from now on. And spoiler[L-elf] seriously needs to snap out of emo mode next week.

That spoiler[bloodbath] did indeed bring back painful memories from that horrible scene from Code Geass. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 32