• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Attack on Titan TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:22 pm Reply with quote
hpulley wrote:
Deadwing wrote:
Huh. I thought the producers weren't going to allow it to be shown outside of Japan. I wonder what changed their mind. Well, whatever it was, I'm glad.

This was either a misquote or a misguess or the usual "we aren't streaming it" statements they give until the deal is signed. After all, until the ink is dry, it isn't really true and if they say they have plans to stream it then it may affect their negotiations.

"Producers aren't going to allow this to be shown outside of Japan" was a conclusion. The observations were that it wasn't being pushed at two industry shows and that rumors were not circulating about anybody getting it.

Notice that the actual observations were always perfectly compatible with "people are negotiating for it, but for whatever reason don't happen to be spreading rumors".

publicenemy333 wrote:
agila61 wrote:

They don't. They do, of course, shun Ozzies and Kiwis and pommies and ,,, well, most of the world, actually, but not Canadians, at least not deliberately.

They don't "shun" them on purpose. They don't have streaming rights outside the US and Canada, they can't legally stream outside of here

They don't have those streaming rights because they don't seek them. We've seen in a number of Crunchyroll sublicense from Sentai that a home video distributor that wishes to can indeed successfully license a broader set of streaming rights for sublicensing. The majority of Sentai licenses stream to the UK, Ireland, the Nordic Countries and the Rugby Tri-Nations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3