• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Way of the Wii

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

I just preordered mine online at Gamestop with no issue, so you can just order it online if you really want to get it.

Ah, you're right, it's still there. "Not available for in-store pickup" Ugh. And then there's the shipping, and the fact that I want this game immediately, since I won't have much time to play it before things get hectic. I'll check my GameStop tomorrow and hope it's still available and if not, then I can use this. But extra costs and/or a delay when I can't really afford it will be annoying.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Great another collector's edition I will never be able to get due to lack of money/funds. I'm really starting to wonder why I have any hobbies left, with no source of steady income to support it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Final Fantasy VI had plenty of loose ends that just didn't get tied up even though it is my favorite game of the series.

spoiler[-Locke and Celes' relationship. The game hinted that their relationship could've been more than platonic by the end.
-Shadow and Relm. The game never brought closure to Shadow being the father of Relm. At the least, Strago should've let her know.
-Daryl's disappearance. To this day, I'm STILL not convinced that Daryl is dead. Her "death" just felt too questionable and seemed to hint that maybe the ol' girl might just have been hanging out with GoGo the whole time. Furthermore, no, GoGo is not Daryl. If anything, Triangle Island in the World of Balance should've been used to help expand this particular storyline instead of using it as a battleground to help boost MP points.]
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of things fading from the Wii, what ever happened to that Rodea the Sky Soldier game? Wasn't that supposed to be Wii? (Though I also heard Kadokawa was targetting 3DS...) It had Yuji Naka and Takumi Miyajima (scenario writer for Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss) working on it, so I was looking forward to it...

I pre-ordered the Xillia CE - crossing my fingers we don't have another Ni No Kuni fiasco. I do hope Xillia sells well!

The Wii was - is - a great console. A variety of interesting games - I blame the Wii for introducing me to Rune Factory Frontier, to which I am absolutely not addicted...

...pardon me, I need to go water my fields.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
Arc Rise Fantasia's English dub was like nails on a chalkboard to me - had it been an Xbox 360 or PS3 release without the JP audio track, I would have never bought & played such a fun JRPG. The un-dub patch makes me proud to display ARF on my game shelf.

Undub patches are a miracle of the universe. Especially for Arc Rise Fantasia.

In general I thought the Wii was nice. I have about 50 games for it. Mostly RPGs and Platformers and whatnot. I'd say 50 games justifies a purchase of a system for me.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote
tasogarenootome wrote:
Speaking of things fading from the Wii, what ever happened to that Rodea the Sky Soldier game? Wasn't that supposed to be Wii? (Though I also heard Kadokawa was targetting 3DS...) It had Yuji Naka and Takumi Miyajima (scenario writer for Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss) working on it, so I was looking forward to it...

The last thing that was said of Rodea was from Yuji Naka, who said that he & Probe finished the game and that it's all up to Kadokawa to release it. Looks like they never will...
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

Disgaea released a set of promo panties with the release of Prinny 2 limited to 50 copies. I have never seen these sold.

They only gave these away during a contest they held. I believe it was a drawing one? So they were more prizes than 'promos'.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Wait, what? It's selling out? What the hell, I don't expect this kind of thing from American games, especially not when it can be pre-ordered at GameStop. I'll be super-pissed if it's not available at the only GameStop that's at a remotely reasonable location for me.

Well I've been hearing some stories about it so if you want it, follow Ryan's suggestion and order it online. I went right to my Gamestop earlier on Sunday and pre-ordered. Right after that, I saw a lot of posts online that it was out of stock for a lot of stores for some reason. Weird timing I have to say.
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:03 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

I just preordered mine online at Gamestop with no issue, so you can just order it online if you really want to get it.

Funny thing about this thread is that I vaguely read that the thing was selling out, so I immediately went down to my local Gamestop in order to place a $25 pre-order...

Man, I thought I was suppose to quit games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:31 am Reply with quote
I do hold a grudge that they never released Fatal Frame 4 outside Japan. A total blow for me. They wouldn't release that, but they'd release that crappy Fatal Frame game on the DS. I mean, why??
Battle Cossack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 am Reply with quote
Maybe now that the Wii is dead, it's a good time to finally buy one?

The other titles I feel worth mentioning are:

Victorious Boxers Revolution - mediocre boxing spiced up with cell-shaded graphics and the Hajime No Ippon license.

Project Zero 2: Wii Edition - really surprised no one mentioned this, basically the fan favorite Fatal Frame game remade. Take that Silent Hill Collection. Unfortunately it has eluded American release.

You, Me, and the Cubes - what better a way to remember the late Kanji Eno then by actually playing one of his games?

Sega Bass Fishing - a surprise enhanced port that can finally be enjoyed without the Dreamcast's wonderful fishing reel controller. Don't let the premise fool you, it's an arcade game.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:21 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Wait, what? It's selling out? What the hell, I don't expect this kind of thing from American games, especially not when it can be pre-ordered at GameStop. I'll be super-pissed if it's not available at the only GameStop that's at a remotely reasonable location for me.

Well I've been hearing some stories about it so if you want it, follow Ryan's suggestion and order it online. I went right to my Gamestop earlier on Sunday and pre-ordered. Right after that, I saw a lot of posts online that it was out of stock for a lot of stores for some reason. Weird timing I have to say.

I dropped by my Gamestop on my way home from morning work and was able to pre-order it, so I should be good as long as GameStop doesn't screw something up ("Ooops, we don't have enough to fill the pre-orders, LOL") but I've never had problems with this store. Thanks for the online suggestion though, if they had sold out somehow, I would have gone with that.
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

("Ooops, we don't have enough to fill the pre-orders, LOL") but I've never had problems with this store.

There are places that screw up like this, but thankfully my store is godlike.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I dropped by my Gamestop on my way home from morning work and was able to pre-order it, so I should be good as long as GameStop doesn't screw something up ("Ooops, we don't have enough to fill the pre-orders, LOL") but I've never had problems with this store. Thanks for the online suggestion though, if they had sold out somehow, I would have gone with that.

No problem. I wonder if I should get a pre-order for Project X Zone now too. Smile
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I still have slight hoped that xseed might get fatal frame 4. Also wish that nintendo re-prints xenoblade once more
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4