• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Way of the Wii

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
I still have slight hoped that xseed might get fatal frame 4. Also wish that nintendo re-prints xenoblade once more
I could of sworn they where going to but i guess it was rumor
http://operationrainfall.com/xenoblade-wii-u-listing-spotted/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
Battle Cossack wrote:
Maybe now that the Wii is dead, it's a good time to finally buy one?

Project Zero 2: Wii Edition - really surprised no one mentioned this, basically the fan favorite Fatal Frame game remade. Take that Silent Hill Collection. Unfortunately it has eluded American release.

I'd say to go for a Wii U for the HDMI support rather than an older Wii (unless Nintendo removes the Wii U's ability to run translation patches & such).

I totally forgot about PZ2. The English voices (from what I've seen of them) aren't too bad either - I'm literally searching for good import prices as I type this.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:37 am Reply with quote
New Little King's Story on Vita is more of a re-imagining than a port. Different character designs, stories etc.
Relairknight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
I thought the Wii had plenty of amazing games. Along with the ones already mentioned there was Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Baroque(one of the weirdest and most unsung games ever, and hey finally a chance to mention my avatar!), Sakura Wars, Rune Factory: Frontier, Cursed Mountain, Okami, Deadly Creatures, on and on and on. I agree with the sentiment that it had more memorable and interesting games than the 87984798th Call of Duty, God of War, or Halo sequel. I'll always look back on the console fondly in a way I didn't with the N64 or Gamecube. Nintendo innovation at its finest, bringing games and happiness to a wider audience the way only Nintendo can.
EternalKnight001

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote
... so silly, I went to Gamestop to preorder Xillia CE but they said it wasn't in their system to preorder yet. Went last sunday. I'm thinking it's probably because I live in Canada, but still. ugh.

Decided to preorder it instead from gamestop.com, but going to have to eat international shipping fees etc. Noticed the CE just came up on the ebgames.ca website today, but not available for ordering at this time for some reason.

Well, whatever; I'll just hold my preorder on gamestop.com and keep checking to see if I can preorder it in store/ebgames.ca at some point in the future. .... still kind of sucks, but what can ya do.
lostrune

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Relairknight wrote:
I agree with the sentiment that it had more memorable and interesting games than the 87984798th Call of Duty, God of War, or Halo sequel. I'll always look back on the console fondly in a way I didn't with the N64 or Gamecube. Nintendo innovation at its finest, bringing games and happiness to a wider audience the way only Nintendo can.

Should have stuck with the name Nintendo Revolution, because that's what they did for gaming this generation Laughing I never liked how a lot of triple A titles were always FPS sequels. I much prefer a better diversity.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4