• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation to Unveil New Anime Next Friday

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kastel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Parse Error wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote:
Feet you can barely make out constitutes huge teasing, yes.

Those clearly aren't moe feet because they give me no urge to masturbate, ergo it must be the swimming anime.

We need to make sure fujoshis can masturbate to it though. Then, we can finally nail on it being Swimming Anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Myaow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Has the Swimming commercial had that big a response from ladyfans in Japan, though? I've seen a lot of nice fanart and stuff generated for it by USA fangirls on Tumblr, but not a lot from Pixiv, Tegaki or the usual Japanese arty sites.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Has the Swimming commercial had that big a response from ladyfans in Japan, though? I've seen a lot of nice fanart and stuff generated for it by USA fangirls on Tumblr, but not a lot from Pixiv, Tegaki or the usual Japanese arty sites.

Not as far as I've seen. The knowledge of the KyoAni CMs are a bit more known there, so people know that these are just commercials that don't turn into anime, so people haven't gotten all excited about a short little TV commercial.

You see these things while watching every KyoAni anime on TV in Japan.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Fujoshi don't speak much as male otaku in Japan or or the Occident, anime fandom on both sides of the pacific is very patriarchal. I don't know if we're getting a good look at Japanese fujoshi.
Myaow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Fujoshi don't speak much as male otaku in Japan or or the Occident, anime fandom on both sides of the pacific is very patriarchal. I don't know if we're getting a good look at Japanese fujoshi.

Hmm maybe! I feel like the Pixiv tags for stuff like Diabolik Lovers, Amnesia and Brothers Conflict are full of new fanart every day, though, while there are only about seven pages' worth of Swimming show art and a lot of it is posted by Western artists. So the lady fans are posting stuff, just maybe not for this one fandom?
Kastel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:

No, Pixiv -- while not the best source but a reliable source for rising fandoms -- hasn't given us much Swimming anime fanart. Nicovideo has been silent about the whole commercial. Doujinshi artists have not published a Swimming anime work as far as I know.

Really, most of the Swimming anime fandom is Western-based.

Last edited by Kastel on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

Hmm maybe! I feel like the Pixiv tags for stuff like Diabolik Lovers, Amnesia and Brothers Conflict are full of new fanart every day, though, while there are only about seven pages' worth of Swimming show art and a lot of it is posted by Western artists. So the lady fans are posting stuff, just maybe not for this one fandom?

The fujoshi/female fans certainly latch onto some shows and I assume produce a decent amount of fanart for it. They also clearly show up and buy the DVDs (though not BDs so much for whatever reason) for some shows. There's most definitely a market for it. It's hit and miss, but so is the stuff aimed at Otaku, there's just a lot more of it (and a lot more misses than hits).

Pixiv also isn't the only imageboard so its possible that some other imageboards are getting a larger chunk of the female oriented works. They also clearly "speak up" when it comes to the doujinshi side of things.
Funnycupcakes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:35 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Laughing At all of you coming onto me

Did you not see my affirmation to the swimming anime was in contrast to Dmonhiro huge plea for Rewrite?.

Yet even if you say its not swimming the teasing from Kyonai is real, and I am definitely hoping you are wrong and is the swimming, if its not its as expect of Kyoani anyway.

How do you expect people not speculate swimming with this huge teasing:

Clam down. Surprised

Finally someone agrees with me.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Pixiv is loaded with fujoshi crap, but it has to be shows fujoshi actually like. If it's not there, then it just means Americans care about it than the actual Japanese fanbase does. Not exactly uncommon where Americans latch onto a random anime that bombed in Japan, like Baccano or something.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote
Sorry all you deniers the swimming anime is pretty much confirmed. Unless Kyoani is really trolling

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/information/thumbnail/?id=276&.jpg
musouka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:12 am Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
Sorry all you deniers the swimming anime is pretty much confirmed. Unless Kyoani is really trolling

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/information/thumbnail/?id=276&.jpg

Beautiful, just beautiful.

I'm honestly thrilled, whether or not I end up watching the show. I can finally let go of my grudge RE: 801-chan so many years ago.
Funnycupcakes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:23 am Reply with quote
HAHA its swimming anime!! I told you alll !!
Seifukun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quote
Is it seriously the swimming anime? Can't watch niconico live in my school.
I'm super excited!
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quote
Seifukun wrote:
Is it seriously the swimming anime? Can't watch niconico live in my school.
I'm super excited!

It's not confirmed confirmed, but Kyoani updated their site today with thumbnails of the swimming CM.

edit: oh wait it is confirmed animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-26/kyoto-animation-unveils-swimming-team-tv-anime-free-for-july Smile
computerandy9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:43 am Reply with quote
I love everything that kyoto animation have made so far but I think this may be the first show I won't enjoy.

Am I the only one who was depressed at the announcement?

Because seriously i don't watch kyoto animation shows to see pretty dudes...
I love the art and story of there shows but all the main characters are dudes... No thanks kyoani.

(btw this announcement probably would have excited me if they changed the genders of the characters.)

I will watch it probably just because... well kyoani... But still, Wheres my moe?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 17