• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lycos on Naruto

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:38 pm Reply with quote
LilyChan wrote:

I thought Naruto was already like DBZ.. Yanno. The whole "Fight takes up 10 episodes" deal. Only it's shorter.

The closest any single one-on-one (nearly) DBZ fight that lasted nearly ten episodes was the final fight between Goku and Freeza.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:05 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
About four months ago. Razz

Hey, I still like it (it's not a favourite by ANY stretch of the imagination, but it's a good show), but there is a significant "2 kewl 4 u" crowd forming because Naruto's already far enough along on the '"trendy" ladder to earn it the "I hate it 'because hating it's hip" crowd.

I just want to say that I didn't like it waaay before anybody else didn't like it. Laughing

Seriously though, I never watched much of it. I think it's gonna be huge. The only thing I see that would stop it from being really big is that Toonami is only on Saturdays. How are the Toonami ratings lately? Enough to get it popular?
Animefan16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:43 am Reply with quote
The ratings are pretty good. They're not as big as it used to be but still good. Zatch Bell and One Piece are doing well in toonami.
krispydigital

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I think it'll be really well recieved in america, but after a while, it'll die down just like db and pokemon.

when do you think we'll start seeing naruto the card game?!

omg i pwz urz n00bne55 with teh supersaiyn...i mean kyuubi chakara lvl 9 naruto!!! and, and... its holograpik! it makes meh more l33torz!

I can see it coming >.<
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:46 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFan16 wrote:
The ratings are pretty good. They're not as big as it used to be but still good. Zatch Bell and One Piece are doing well in toonami.

Assuming Naruto DOES hit big, I wonder what kind of effect it will have on the ratings of the other Toonami series. Will they get better ratings because of it, or will everyone simply tune in for Naruto and then tune out because "Zatch and One Piece are crap compared to this?"

Also, on the Cartoon Network website, am I the only one who's rather surprised by lack of the "Shonen Jump's" prefix?
ferrarimanf355

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:
Also, on the Cartoon Network website, am I the only one who's rather surprised by lack of the "Shonen Jump's" prefix?

I've seen that prefix in a print ad in GamePro, methinks... Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote
ferrarimanf355 wrote:
I've seen that prefix in a print ad in GamePro, methinks... Cool

I'm not sure why, but hearing that puts me at a greater ease now. Anime smallmouth
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Shiki MSHTS wrote:
I always considered the very first fight happening in episode 7, lasting 3 episodes. Then the second major one was in episode 12, lasting 9.=P

Huh? The very first fight began and ended in episode one. Naruto and spoiler[Iruka] fought spoiler[Mizuki, ] remember?

Anyway, the fights on Naruto are typically not all that long compared to DBZ-however, the storylines themselves can sometimes be a bit overlong. As far as Shonen anime go, One Piece and Bleach have better senses of pacing. But Naruto is nowhere NEAR as drawnout as DBZ, and it has excellent character development to fall back on, something that's practically nonexsistant in DBZ. As Jump-based series go, it's one of the best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2