• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Portrait de Petite Cossette Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manafairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
This sounds like fun Anime smallmouth I've never actually drawn what could qualify as gothic clothing (let alone gothic lolita Anime dazed), but I think I'll give this a shot anyways.Two questions though:

1) Is the clothing supposed to be drawn on a figure or is it supposed to be a flat sketch?

2) Do you want both the front and back displayed, or is just drawing the front acceptable?
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:59 pm Reply with quote
manafairy wrote:

1) Is the clothing supposed to be drawn on a figure or is it supposed to be a flat sketch?

2) Do you want both the front and back displayed, or is just drawing the front acceptable?

1) Up to you.
2) Front's fine. Very Happy

radicaledward wrote:

This might sound a bit dumb, but is it alright if they are catgirls? The only reason I ask is because I have drawing I have been working on that could work, and I don't necessary want to have to redraw it.

Of course!
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:45 am Reply with quote
what brand of wine?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:49 am Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
what brand of wine?

Hasn't been determined yet, but it won't be a cheapo $6 bottle of wine, nor will it be a mad expensive rare wine. Just... wine. -_- It'll at least be good wine though-- that's the least you could expect.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:16 am Reply with quote
$6 for a cheap bottle of wine? Good grief!

*thinks it'll be a $12 bottle o bubbly*
radicaledward

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:08 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Hasn't been determined yet, but it won't be a cheapo $6 bottle of wine, nor will it be a mad expensive rare wine. Just... wine. -_- It'll at least be good wine though-- that's the least you could expect.
I'm not a wine coinsure, but I was given a bottle of Piesporter Michelsberg Auslese 2002 for my birthday, and I thought it was an extremely good wine. Not sure how much they paid for it, but I think it was about $15.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:17 pm Reply with quote
radicaledward wrote:
SakechanBD wrote:
I'm not a wine coinsure, but I was given a bottle of Piesporter Michelsberg Auslese 2002 for my birthday, and I thought it was an extremely good wine. Not sure how much they paid for it, but I think it was about $15.

I think we'll probably ask the winner what their preference is and try to cater to that. Same with the cider, actually. If someone desperately wants cabernet sauvignon, we're not going to shack them with merlot.
DriftRoot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Is the term "draw" being used loosely? I wouldn't mind drawing up a design and then zapping it with Photoshop for a few, select effects and coloring gimmicks. Or is computer enhancement a no no?
astra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I think I'd need a shot glass and some hard liquor to enjoy this anime Razz
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:29 pm Reply with quote
DriftRoot wrote:
Is the term "draw" being used loosely? I wouldn't mind drawing up a design and then zapping it with Photoshop for a few, select effects and coloring gimmicks. Or is computer enhancement a no no?

Anything is open. It just has to be a jpg, tif, gif, png, or bmp. Very Happy You can draw the whole thing in MSPaint if you want, or blitz the whole thing with Maya.
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:00 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
...or blitz the whole thing with Maya.

Now there's an idea! Razz That would have to be the most complicated, time-consuming, unintuitive way to go about doing this. If anyone actually manages to do it, kudos to you! Clothing design has never really been my forte (I have to constantly look at Fruits for inspiration while drawing clothing for anything), so I'm gonna sit this one out. Plus I'm horribly behind on another deadline... Ack! I look forward to seeing the entries, though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Strawberry_Faerie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:51 pm Reply with quote
So you can enter as many times as you want? Isn't there a maximum?

And what becomes of the non-winning entries? Does everything become property of ANN, or do they remain the property of their respective artists? (For example, I might want to sell prints of my work at a con or someplace, would that be ok or not?)
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Strawberry_Faerie wrote:
So you can enter as many times as you want? Isn't there a maximum?

Yes, you can. And no, there isn't.

Quote:

And what becomes of the non-winning entries? Does everything become property of ANN, or do they remain the property of their respective artists? (For example, I might want to sell prints of my work at a con or someplace, would that be ok or not?)

Nah, you can do whatever you want with them.
HeisT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:19 am Reply with quote
So, basically we can send it in B&W or color, right?
Is there a max size for jpg file that we are sending to the contest?

Do we send just a design of the dress or we need to display different perpestive of the dress? (in term of showing how the dress was designed.)

Sorry for my bad english.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:53 am Reply with quote
HeisT wrote:
So, basically we can send it in B&W or color, right?
Is there a max size for jpg file that we are sending to the contest?

Do we send just a design of the dress or we need to display different perpestive of the dress? (in term of showing how the dress was designed.)

Sorry for my bad english.

Doesn't matter what color it is (or not colored). No max size, but try to keep it reasonable (like, you know, no 100Mb Jpegs).

Just a design is fine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6