• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Portrait de Petite Cossette Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeisT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:04 am Reply with quote
Surprised - Can i add another more question, When sending the entries, do i have to ...
1) attach the image file to the email, or
2) send you the link of my pics in the email? (coz this way i can show more than 2 pics.)

Thank you.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:41 am Reply with quote
HeisT wrote:
Surprised - Can i add another more question, When sending the entries, do i have to ...
1) attach the image file to the email, or
2) send you the link of my pics in the email? (coz this way i can show more than 2 pics.)

Thank you.

Actually, it doesn't really matter to me. I'd like an attachment, but I can save the picture either way, so it's not a big deal.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I just want to give advice to some of the people who participated in the contest:

It looks like you took some sort of instruction on how to draw characters, but where is the personality in your artwork? I know there's a whole range in ages (some are obviously young people) but I didn't pick one of those drawings that looks the same as all the others.

I'm not writing to be mean, because I'm not even good enough to draw stick figures, but I can tell when something isn't really eye-catching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ladholyman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm Reply with quote
How is 14 beating 82? Doesn't make any sense. 82 is the zeitgeist of Gothic Lolita.
Juniper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:32 pm Reply with quote
ladholyman wrote:
How is 14 beating 82? Doesn't make any sense. 82 is the zeitgeist of Gothic Lolita.

Actually, 82 isn't very EGL at all. However, I do wonder about 41. It's... not very creative, nor innovative. I wonder what people are seeing in it? Personally, I love 91 and 26.
Morana-Sama

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Juniper wrote:

Actually, 82 isn't very EGL at all. However, I do wonder about 41. It's... not very creative, nor innovative. I wonder what people are seeing in it? Personally, I love 91 and 26.

Yes...I'm wondering about 14 too. Do you mean 40? or 43? (you wrote 41 which doesn't have any votes)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Juniper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Morana-Sama wrote:
Juniper wrote:

Yes...I'm wondering about 14 too. Do you mean 40? or 43? (you wrote 41 which doesn't have any votes)

Oops, I meant 14.
Saiyo_Chan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm a little suspicious of entry 14 right now, too.
Not to be offensive, but there are many other entries that are much better and more stylish. I can't see how 14 could get such a huge lead over the others, especially so early into the contest.
Toboe06

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Juniper wrote:
ladholyman wrote:

I think some entries are having some buddies stack the vote... (Personally, I love number 91. It's just superb in every aspect.)
Maggot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Saiyo_Chan wrote:
Not to be offensive, but there are many other entries that are much better and more stylish. I can't see how 14 could get such a huge lead over the others, especially so early into the contest.

thats the problem with open polls in contests like this. Someone can just post in x fourm "Hey vote for #whatever so i can win!"

This would have been much better if all three sections were just being voted on by the contest runners.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Maggot wrote:
Saiyo_Chan wrote:

thats the problem with open polls in contests like this. Someone can just post in x fourm "Hey vote for #whatever so i can win!"

This would have been much better if all three sections were just being voted on by the contest runners.

Well, two of the sections (under 21, over 21) are being voted on by ANN and Geneon. The Reader's Choice is just a chance for readers to be involved in the process, too. But man, the decision is gonna be ROUGH for us. Every time I got a terrific entry, my heart sunk a little bit more, because that just makes my job so much harder!!!
Maggot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Maggot wrote:
Saiyo_Chan wrote:

Well, two of the sections (under 21, over 21) are being voted on by ANN and Geneon. The Reader's Choice is just a chance for readers to be involved in the process, too. But man, the decision is gonna be ROUGH for us. Every time I got a terrific entry, my heart sunk a little bit more, because that just makes my job so much harder!!!

Haha. Well good luck with the judging! The readers choice thing is definatly out of whack though. The polls haven't even been open for long and an increible ammount of people have voted for the top two.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:36 am Reply with quote
Maggot wrote:
SakechanBD wrote:
Maggot wrote:
Saiyo_Chan wrote:

Haha. Well good luck with the judging! The readers choice thing is definatly out of whack though. The polls haven't even been open for long and an increible ammount of people have voted for the top two.

Good thing we're not going by the polls to determine the winner then. Wink
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:21 am Reply with quote
"FOR SHAME ADON!" *har har har*

I was watching BERSERK today, couldn't help myself

----------------------------------------

Anyway, good to know that they're on top of this...

ANYWAY, I really liked #42:

animenewsnetwork.com/images/CONTEST/61/42.jpg

It just really catches your attention with the subtle look on her face coupled with the excellent detail in the dress with the nice balance in the lines... and the lovely color scheme...

Lots of great stuff all around
Willy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:08 am Reply with quote
ladholyman wrote:
lol, I do think the art of 82 is AMAZING, and if you open a new window to see all the purddy lil details... *dies* Anime hyper; #14 also has a unique flair (and sum good buddies don't hurt! :3)

#42 was definitely one of the most creative in my opinion =D Everyone's was superb ^____^!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6