• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Portrait de Petite Cossette Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:03 am Reply with quote
I actually couldn't decide between the two, so I chose another.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tribblewing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:58 am Reply with quote
I was surprised to recognize the artist for 36 (the EGL nurse), who runs a pixel doll site. I remember reading that it's inspired by Silent Hill.

I can see why most people like 91, but it looks way too cluttered. How can anyone walk in that thing, with all the trailing strings on the ground? The roses were a beautiful touch though.

I'm really liking 26's military design; the artist managed with the stars and not using anything camo. I'm voting for that one.
EvilKidd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:24 am Reply with quote
Tribblewing wrote:
I was surprised to recognize the artist for 36 (the EGL nurse), who runs a pixel doll site. I remember reading that it's inspired by Silent Hill.

I can see why most people like 91, but it looks way too cluttered. How can anyone walk in that thing, with all the trailing strings on the ground? The roses were a beautiful touch though.

I'm really liking 26's military design; the artist managed with the stars and not using anything camo. I'm voting for that one.

At first glance I didn't even notice the military design on 26, but I see it now. It looks good Anime hyper It's got my vote

I was surprised to see some photographs I thought the contest was solely for drawings.
Tribblewing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:30 am Reply with quote
EvilKidd wrote:
At first glance I didn't even notice the military design on 26, but I see it now. It looks good XD It's got my vote

I was surprised to see some photographs I thought the contest was soley for drawings.

Yay for 26! As for the photos, here's what Bamboo wrote: "If you want to include a picture of yourself actually dressed up in your creation, we'd love to see it, but it won't score you any extra points."

I also see today's your first post as an ANN forum member...

Welcome! You must've signed up for sake of the contest?
YFT8831

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Many of these illustrations are always traditional. It's a tough thing to think which of the illustrations are the best. I seen many of the illustrations on one of the Japanese sites.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Strawberry_Faerie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I personally love 85. The line work and color scheme are very eyecatching, and GOD I love the design! So many details and ruffles!

But there are many other good entries so I don't even think I can vote for just one, blargh. Good job, everyone. ^^
JHawkNH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Shocked I am glad that I didn't enter. I would have gotten smoked by almost all of these designs. There is some very good desings and some excellent designs. Everyone should be commended for their work.

Do I have to chose just one design?
Can't I pick my top 10? Laughing
Strawberry_Faerie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Also...Did anybody notice that 42 is wearing a kimono?? (Kind of.)

And yeah, top 10 would work for me too lol.
EvilKidd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Tribblewing wrote:
EvilKidd wrote:
At first glance I didn't even notice the military design on 26, but I see it now. It looks good Anime hyper It's got my vote

I was surprised to see some photographs I thought the contest was soley for drawings.

Yay for 26! As for the photos, here's what Bamboo wrote: "If you want to include a picture of yourself actually dressed up in your creation, we'd love to see it, but it won't score you any extra points."

I also see today's your first post as an ANN forum member...

Welcome! You must've signed up for sake of the contest?
My friend asked me to sign up to vote for their picture, but when I saw all the other artists I decided I really wanted to vote for my favorite ;D I like ANN very much <3
Maggot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Tribblewing wrote:

You just mentioned both of mine. Anime smile; Anime hyper
HeisT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:55 am Reply with quote
So, any of you guy submit your creations? Mine is number 105.
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:37 am Reply with quote
Yes, I do agree some of the entries aren't very gothic looking, but many of them are still wonderful. I personally am not going to vote, but my friend has a place in the top 20 for the Readers' Choice, and I really love her art. Some of the winners are really looking good. (My friend voted, so I looked at the results.)
HeisT wrote:
I like your art style, especially the hair.
Maggot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:25 am Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Yes, I do agree some of the entries aren't very gothic looking, but many of them are still wonderful. I personally am not going to vote, but my friend has a place in the top 20 for the Readers' Choice, and I really love her art. Some of the winners are really looking good. (My friend voted, so I looked at the results.)
HeisT wrote:
I like your art style, especially the hair.

Well its not about looking very gothic.
Gothic Lolita clothing style isnt soely based on being gothic. There are many aspects to the style such as sweet lolita, Wa-lolita, Qui-lolita, Punk Lolita, Neo Gothic lolita, Deconsructed lolita... the list can go on and on. ^^
Strawberry_Faerie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Um, oops. x_x I cleared my cookies a few hours ago, and now I can't view the poll results. Are you guys disqualifying the ISP numbers that have more than one vote? I want to vote again so I can view the results and watch the race, but I don't want the person to lose my vote!!

Haha, don't tell me--there's probably another way to view the results, right? *snrrk*
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Strawberry_Faerie wrote:
Um, oops. x_x I cleared my cookies a few hours ago, and now I can't view the poll results. Are you guys disqualifying the ISP numbers that have more than one vote? I want to vote again so I can view the results and watch the race, but I don't want the person to lose my vote!!

Haha, don't tell me--there's probably another way to view the results, right? *snrrk*

Nope, not disqualifying IPs. Just counting multiple ones as "1." Especially, if it's something nuts like 2 IP addresses voting for one entry 100+ times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6