• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Ah! My Goddess Anime DVD Slated for August 23

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Clyde_Cash wrote:
We get two seasons of the TV series and Keiichi still ain't hit that?

WHO BOOKED THIS CRAP?

...they're spoiler[ finally dealing with the reason why in the manga... it's very interesting. ]
You mean spoiler[K1's natural aversion to anything female and sexual, like his father?] Wink
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
For a long time, Skuld was doing a good job of keeping K-1 repressed. "Operant Conditioning", I think it is called.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
For a long time, Skuld was doing a good job of keeping K-1 repressed. "Operant Conditioning", I think it is called.
Skuld is "understood", nothing more. Wink
morisato

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
What everyone needs to understand is that Skuld always made sure that Keiichi didn't get too close to Belldandy. If you examine the episodes from the first two seasons, you'll notice that the anime only covers the first 80 chapters of the manga series.

She started to mellow, later into the manga series, something that Gohda-san hasn't gotten around to.

The problem is that Gohda-san skipped half of the manga chapters that would have made the anime series make sense to anime fans new to Ah! My Goddess. Gohda-san simply concentrated on only adapting those manga storyarcs that contained some 'action element'.

These "OADs" aren't even adapted from the manga but are basically OVA episodes that are new anime content to the series and don't have any context with the manga series other than that they are considered as part of the television series.

Additionally, the image attached to the magazine scan is misleading. It's stock art from what Fujishima-san created for the manga series, in the earlier years of the manga. As we get closer and closer to the release, we'll see artwork that is more closely in tune with the episode content that is due in August.
Banken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Banken wrote:
Clyde_Cash wrote:
We get two seasons of the TV series and Keiichi still ain't hit that?

WHO BOOKED THIS CRAP?

...they're spoiler[ finally dealing with the reason why in the manga... it's very interesting. ]
You mean spoiler[K1's natural aversion to anything female and sexual, like his father?] Wink

...Uh...sure. Natural. hehehe...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:

...Uh...sure. Natural. hehehe...
Well I've only just finished vol. 44 which arrived today. spoiler[And yes he's not so aversed to it that time, but he was also in sheer desperate panic and had to come up with a spontaneous plan real quick as well so I'm not sure that counts.] Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2