• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kitakubu Katsudō Kiroku Schoolgirl Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jymmy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Would I even really convince you of anything at this point? You're treating me like a prosecutor.

He's asking you to stop spewing rhetoric and make a real criticism of K-On! instead of just saying "actually, K-on! isn't good, as it happens it's a bad show, so you see I'm actually right". You also keep hurling yourself away from the matter at hand in order to point out that - shock! horror! - he misquoted you, for example, or "stop pretending I haven't irrevocably proven my point". He asks you to make a point, you reply - and here I quote, "What are your credentials? Why am I answering to you?"

If you feel the need to contest any of this, feel free but offer an actual criticism of K-On! while you're at it. Mine would be, for example, that only a few of the characters change or reveal themselves beyond their initial impressions. Furthermore, the series has an irritating tendency to develop an air of nostalgia over very little: for example, when Sawa meeting up with her band members or the characters meeting up with the ex-president of Mio's fanclub. Also, the death metal vocals in the show are really, really bad.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:29 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
He's not wrong, though. Moe is a rather nasty virus to the anime industry.

That statement is based solely on personal opinion and taste, not fact. The only reason you are saying that is because shows that are considered to be "moe" don't appeal to your personal interests. Just because you, Zac, or the Fujoshi lobby don't like "moe-type" shows doesn't mean that they are bad or are hurting the industry (like I stated in my previous post (which you probably ignored) they have actually been keeping the industry alive).

Chagen46 wrote:
You DO realize I said that because GJ-BU was one of my favorite anime of the past season and therefore I didn't feel like watching another school club anime for a while?

Oh wait, that would require you to actually give enough of a damn to read what I said.

Couple things:

1. You didn't say that in THIS thread (it is unreasonable for you to ask me to go through every other thread to read what you have said as of late).

2. The latter half of your statement still sounds like whining to me.Rolling Eyes

Ultimately, I feel that your criticism of a show that has not even aired yet is ridiculous, unfair, and is most likely based on frustration that the shows that strike your fancy do not represent the majority of shows that are being made and embraced by a significant portion of the Anime fan community (seriously, put on your big boy pants and GROW UP!).
Parse Error

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Any piece of Media warrants criticism.

I don't mind these anime being criticized. What I found offensive is that you were essentially saying these shows aimed at other people for their enjoyment should cease to exist. To the extent I can tell, you seem to be a person who should be above that kind of thinking.

What I would suggest is to read at least Part I and Part II of the three-part The Anime Economy series here on ANN, and perhaps listen to the Ar-moe-geddon ANNcast. Maybe none of that will change your opinion, but it will certainly put you in a better position when it comes to these discussions, because you'll come armed with a broader perspective on the industry and market, and a more accurate concept of how and why these shows and others are produced.

zeo1fan wrote:
You're treating me like a prosecutor.

No, the prosecution phase ended a while ago, and The Otaku High Council has already convicted you of Crimes Against Moe. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9