• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Featured Content Box Broken in IE10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giolon
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Sometime in the last couple days, the Featured Content Box (or whatever you call the big block that has automatically rotating stories in it at the top of the page) has become broken in IE10.

It shows for a second then disappears completely, and it looks like this screenshot (the currently showing banner ad is irrelevant, and it's broken no matter which ad shows up):

It used to work fine up until some point mid-to-late last week. Changing skins seems to have no effect on the problem.

Last edited by Giolon on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, I've confirmed this on as well. I'll forward it to Dan.
boredandlazy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:08 am Reply with quote
Any update on this? I just "upgraded" to IE10 and it's broken for me too...
boredandlazy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:44 am Reply with quote
So I guess that's a big, fat no?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the lack of updates. Every software product has bugs that are discovered and fixed soon after launch (since many people are using the product). I had hoped this was the case for this IE10 bug and was waiting a little bit to see if it just "went away" but increasingly it doesn't look like that's going to be the case. I'll try to find some time soon to install IE10 and figure out why it's not displaying the marquee. But man I hate it when browser bugs give me extra work :-/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:27 am Reply with quote
I find that it will display the marquee if I click on the broken page icon in the address line. Unfortunately I have to do this every time I return to the page. The same thing happens in the forums with the new message indicators. They will not go off until I click the broken page icon.

The problem with the marquee has been fixed. It is showing up now. The forum new message indicators still have to be cleared though.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
The broken page icon turns compatibility view on and off.
I normally use Chrome but the banner does shrink to a blob in IE10 if I turn compatibility view off.
I did start trying to fiddle with the compatibility mode settings and the developer toolbar when the browser crashed ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1