• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Flake of the Week

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redcoffin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:32 pm Reply with quote
The title "flake of the week" automatically implies that the person who sent the message is mentally deranged. But that post from Panama probably reads the way it does because the writer couldn't handle English very well. I can see someone at a TV station legitimately wanting to find "edgy" anime for a late-nite slot and just not knowing how to phrase the question in English. I suggest that changing your section's title to something more neutral like "question of the week," would give you more space to call the writer a whack-job on a case by case basis! Cool
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:29 pm Reply with quote
But..umm...the entire column is filled with questions so "Question of the Week" wouldn't make much sense. "Flake of the Week" is a nice way to put it IMHO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it got Flake of the Week just for the poor grammar. The question itself was just stupid. That, and I highly doubt that an exec from a TV studio would be writing to ANN to ask for recommendations.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:52 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
That, and I highly doubt that an exec from a TV studio would be writing to ANN to ask for recommendations.

Or at the very least, they wouldn't do it with the same tone of voice as a horny eight-year old.

"hey, hey...hey c'n you shows us cartuns wiht lots n lots of BLOOD and CHICKS n stuff? that wud b SOOOOOO KEWL!"

That's exactly how the Flake of the Week sounded to me when I read it. Completely childish on the part of the sender.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1