• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny This Fall / Winter

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Triad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Glad they got a rough confirmed release date for GSD, I suppose they will be starting recording the English voice dubbing soon. Now they need to release the voice cast list for the new characters. The dubbing should be alright considering the English dub for GS in which I found personally was pretty decent. Although I expect there will be more reused voices like I noticed in GS, Oh and more English Lacus's songs too *cringes*.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Umm.. the dub has been in production for ages now. Recent comments from voice actors indicate that they may be as far as episode 20 or so.

I hope this means we might see a broadcast on YTV by the end of the year. CN obviously isn't biting.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I don't think we will see Gundam on CN ever agian.
animewolf17

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I read in the current Anime Insider under their top 5 most anticipated animes that its set to premier in October so I'm assuming that means it will come on TV.
Mad_Triad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Umm.. the dub has been in production for ages now. Recent comments from voice actors indicate that they may be as far as episode 20 or so.

Hmm I never knew they started dubbing, last time I checked they didn't start although that was about a month ago or so and Bandai had only just confirmed the license *shrugs*

Where might you find these comments from the voice actors?
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I don't think we will see Gundam on CN ever agian.

What happened when Gundam Seed aired on CN?
Chris316

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:26 pm Reply with quote
If I remember, Gundam Seed was on Toonami. But because of low rating, CN moves it on a deadly time like Friday 01:00 AM.

Gundam Seed on CN was so badly edited. GS had laser guns instead of real guns.

In Canada, GS was not edited by YTV only edited by Bandai. So, we had real guns and not laser guns.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:48 pm Reply with quote
While I knew SEED Destiny was going to be coming out sometime in late 2005/early 2006, I feel I still must say, in the kindest words possible...

Ew, SEED Destiny. Ew ew ew. Of all the Gundam titles left to import, why the most filthy, godawful, and poorly constructed one of the lot? I feel I shall be sick to the very pit of my stomach.

And for what it's worth, I'm actually a huge fan of the first SEED and the Astray manga, before anyone accuses me of "SEED bashing" or 'UC elitism."

Note to Bandai: X, please. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
halo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
While I knew SEED Destiny was going to be coming out sometime in late 2005/early 2006, I feel I still must say, in the kindest words possible...

Ew, SEED Destiny. Ew ew ew. Of all the Gundam titles left to import, why the most filthy, godawful, and poorly constructed one of the lot? I feel I shall be sick to the very pit of my stomach.

And for what it's worth, I'm actually a huge fan of the first SEED and the Astray manga, before anyone accuses me of "SEED bashing" or 'UC elitism."

For what it's worth, I would totaly agree with that except for 2 points.

1.) ZZ Gundam is by far the worst ever... the first half of the series is unwatchable. UC elitism aside... this was just stupid. Even the theme song, "Anime Ja Nai" is worse than GSD's "Wings Of Words."

2.) I love X, but I'd still rather have Turn A next.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Chris316 wrote:
In Canada, GS was not edited by YTV only edited by Bandai. So, we had real guns and not laser guns.

No... the edits were done by YTV, but they were substantially fewer than the US version. But I don't think that's the reason that the show was better received up here.

Nagisa wrote:

Yeah, but it's for the good of Gundam as a whole.
Crescent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Chris316 wrote:
If I remember, Gundam Seed was on Toonami. But because of low rating, CN moves it on a deadly time like Friday 01:00 AM.

Yeah, but then (I believe) Seed did really well for the 1AM timeslot, why there's a good chance of CN airing Destiny. The later timeslot would also mean less editing and much better chance of getting the OP/EDs since advertising time is a lot less important in that timeslot.
Panon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Ew ew ew. Of all the Gundam titles left to import, why the most filthy, godawful, and poorly constructed one of the lot? I feel I shall be sick to the very pit of my stomach.

Did I miss an announcement of ZZ Gundam being licensed or something?

Really, it's pretty saying that then calling for Gundam X to be next given how terribly that show was put together. And I say that as a fan of G-X.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Crescent wrote:
Chris316 wrote:

Yeah, but then (I believe) Seed did really well for the 1AM timeslot, why there's a good chance of CN airing Destiny. The later timeslot would also mean less editing and much better chance of getting the OP/EDs since advertising time is a lot less important in that timeslot.

Not necessarily. Remember that ads would be cheaper, so they might need to air MORE in order to make the same amount in ad revenues. Recall that at the 1am slot, SEED no longer aired with an opening on CN.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:59 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

Well, I am an UC elitist, and for a good reason. Most AU shows are horrible. Or, let's be fair, the ones licensed for Region 1. The only one I've so far been able to stomach comfortably is the cheesy G Gundam, because at least it has some originality. Also, Prime Minister Wong is the man.

CN should re-air and promote heavily the original Mobile Suit Gundam. It's a classic, and everyone should see it.

Also, I wouldn't mind Bandai licensing ZZ and V Gundam. I've read episode summaries of ZZ, so I know that it's pretty bad at first, but it does improve, and I'm a completist. I just hope they have the good sense not to make the same mistakes they did with Zeta's boxset release. And V Gundam is supposedly very good, so I'd like to see that, too.

halo wrote:
1.) ZZ Gundam is by far the worst ever... the first half of the series is unwatchable. UC elitism aside... this was just stupid. Even the theme song, "Anime Ja Nai" is worse than GSD's "Wings Of Words."

"Anime Ja Nai" is great. Because even the title is outright inaccurate in relation to ZZ.

I actually like "Silent Voice" quite a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:43 am Reply with quote
halo wrote:

I disagree. You see, SEED Destiny had...maybe ten worthwhile episodes? The first five, and then for whatever reason the span between 37 & 42 was actually really good, and that was it. While Double Zeta's first half is pretty lame, the second half does manage to redeem it significantly. Half a series being worthwhile vs. maybe a dozen episodes at most? Shouldn't be difficult to sort out from there. Wink And as for "Anime Ja Nai," personally I find that the really corny Gundam themes have a certain charm about them. "Turn-A Turn" and the "Tobe! Gundam" were similarly cheesy, but along with "Anime Ja Nai," I found them surprisingly catchy, as well.

Panon wrote:
Really, it's pretty saying that then calling for Gundam X to be next given how terribly that show was put together. And I say that as a fan of G-X.

I disagree. Personally, I'm finding Gundam X quite enjoyable, and containing a whole helluva lot more in terms of coherent plot & character development than is seen in the likes of SEED Destiny or Wing. It gets a lot of undeserved flak just for being cancelled early, I'd say, and ranks up there (down there?) with Turn-A Gundam as one of the all-time most underappreciated Gundam titles around.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2