• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Dark Sols: Prepare to Crowdfund Edition

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Wow, other people liked "All About Lily Chou Chou"? That has to be one of my favorite Japanese movies of all time.
BonnKansan

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote
The Anime Sols site is now live!
arromdee

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote
BonnKansan wrote:

What day did it actually go live? Yatterman is listed as only having 1 month left and if it went live on the 13th, that means that the series has only a half or a third as much time as other series.

I suspect that time in which the site wasn't open counts towards the time (that's why there are 8 episodes--they must have put up the episodes one per week before the site was open), which may screw over this series.
BonnKansan

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quote
arromdee wrote:
BonnKansan wrote:

What day did it actually go live? Yatterman is listed as only having 1 month left and if it went live on the 13th, that means that the series has only a half or a third as much time as other series.

I suspect that time in which the site wasn't open counts towards the time (that's why there are 8 episodes--they must have put up the episodes one per week before the site was open), which may screw over this series.

It was listed as 2 months when it launched, and now it's just barely less than 2 months so it says 1 month now. The time chunking is a bit confusing I admit. They'll all be finishing mid or late July, with the higher-goal ones getting a little more time than the lower-goal ones.
BonnKansan

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
arromdee wrote:

And no, the site was always planned to launch with 4 or 8 episodes per series, so the clock wasn't ticking behind the scenes. The deadlines are just spaced out every two or three days over the course of a couple weeks.

Black Jack etc. should have been showing as 2 months, since at launch it was already less than 3 months until deadline. I just checked it and whatever bug was causing that seems to have been fixed, since they all say 2 months now. Hope this reassures you further.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10