Forum - View topic
INTEREST: California Business Owner Holds Poll for Maid Café


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mdo7
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5888
Location: Maryland, USA

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
@ Shiratori1: qwerty1212 is correct, I never seen J-pop reaching the same level of popularity as K-pop did worldwide. J-pop never broke the language barrier the same way K-pop did around the world. Also I never seen J-pop doing a lot of concerts outside of Asia. Only quite a few have done it, but K-pop has done more concerts outside of Asia. K-pop on Youtube has more views then any J-pop or any anime shows video like qwerty1212 said.

When was the last time J-pop like AKB48 performed in South America? Never, K-pop achieved this

When was the last time J-pop performed in the Middle East? None, K-pop like Nine Muses, ZE:A, and Seo In Young were the first K-pop and the first East Asian pop singers to performed in the Middle East.

Does Japan have J-pop concerts outside of Asia on the same level as SMTown, United Cube, or Music Bank World Tour?? I never seen Avex's A-nation performing outside of Japan.

Quote:
Your point about a k-pop cafe is moot because that is not what this company is opening up (sorry, better luck next time). Additionally, for you to make blanket assumptions about something that YOU clearly don't know or understand (ie: "maid cafes are not popular outside of Japan") while bashing me for "making assumptions" is pure hypocrisy and makes you look like a moron who is full of s*%t and has no idea what they are talking about (and probably has korean nationalist leanings).


Again, you didn't answer my question. Do you listen to K-pop or know the extent of their popularity outside of Asia? Do you watch Korean drama or know the extent of their popularity outside of Asia? This is why a maid cafe would not even work today, Japan's pop culture is not that big as it was few years before Korean Wave went global. Girls Generation is more well-known around the world then AKB48. their music video are played on Latin American music TV, UK TV, and Eastern Europe TV.

Also you're starting to sound like a Japanese right-wing nationalist that like to bash Korean, and maybe slightly anti-Korean. I'm no Korean supremacist but let me ask you this:

Why is there 100+ K-drama available on Dramafever, Crunchyroll, and Hulu yet Japan only export a few J-dramas to US? Why is Japan not exporting hundred of J-dramas to the US ( can find 7 or 8 J-dramas on Crunchyroll, and 2 on Dramafever) when Korea is doing that for K-dramas, has that thought ever occurred to you?

Why does Itune have a lot of K-pop albums available for International fans, yet Itunes don't have a lot of J-pop album available for international fans, I could only find AKB48 and Morning Musume but Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamazaki, nor Koda Kumi and other big J-pop artists albums are not on Itunes in the US and other countries?

I like to add KBS World, and Arirang TV have showed K-drama and K-pop, where NHK World just have J-melo and no J-drama shown on their channel. That's why and how Korean Wave is spread around the world. I never seen NHK world having programs something similar to Arirang TV's Showbiz Korea (Korea's Access Hollywood), Pop in Seoul and Simply K-pop. I never seen NHK World making a program similar to Arirang TV's After School Club.

I'm sorry I have to say this, but Japan is falling behind it's Korean counterpart, sure we have anime/manga, but Japan is not exporting J-pop and J-drama to overpower Korea. South Korea now is the current dominant cultural superpower, Japan doesn't have that title anymore because of Korean drama and K-pop music. Japan could've taken advantage of the Korean Wave to give J-pop artists a major international exposure meaning if EXILE and AKB48 were promoted on a international level, they could've been popular as Super Junior and Girls Generation. I never seen EXILE performed outside of Japan where Super Junior performed around the world, and AKB48 just did some concerts outside of Asia like US, France, Taiwan, and Russia. Where Girls Generation has performed in US, France, Japan, and most of Asia. They have announced a world tour so that's another reason SNSD has gotten more famous then AKB48 outside of Asia. I'm sorry but Japan failed to do that and now look Korean culture is getting all the attention these day.

Tiffany of SNSD is going to do a ceremonial first pitch at a Dodgers game on Sunday. When is the last time a J-pop artists did this?

As I said, you're underestimating the Korean Wave and K-pop popularity. I also said in my opinion, the maid cafe is not going to do well because well Korean pop culture is taking over Japanese pop culture around the world. I think a K-pop theme cafe works better because K-pop is getting more popular. Also previous attempt to open up maid cafe ended up as failure. If you want maid cafe to survive and get popular outside of Asia, then Japan will have to learn from the Korean Wave and replicate it the same way for not only anime and manga, but also for J-pop and J-drama if you want Japanese pop culture to be popular again. When Japan have it's own hallyu/Japanese Wave, then that would be the right time to open up a maid cafe outside of Asia. I've not seen Japan putting any effort to replicate the Korean Wave/Hallyu. A K-pop themed cafe can last longer then a maid cafe because of the popularity of K-pop/K-drama around the world. If you think I'm making this up then you're really misinformed like qwerty1212 said and delusional. Mad Rolling Eyes


Last edited by mdo7 on Sat May 04, 2013 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poonk



Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 1437
Location: In the Library with Philip

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I like K-dramas & K-pop as much as (okay probably a lot more than) the next guy, and I agree they're getting more attention worldwide than their Japanese counterparts (I'm sure partially due to sheer availability, thanks to streaming sites in the last few years-- no need to hunt down raws & fansubs for most recent shows like I had to do when I started watching dramas). But I feel like we're comparing apples to oranges here.

K-pop fandom is based on individual artists' personalities-- so while I really would pay through the nose to be waited on by various members of my favorite [male] idol groups, I don't think they need the gig waiting tables in another country (and if it's just a cafe with K-pop posters on the walls then hell, I can just eat in my living room for the same effect). On the other hand, the maids in a maid cafe aren't really supposed to be individual personalities, they're just cosplaying a character type.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LUNI_TUNZ



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 709

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about all this K/J in-fighting. The only thing I'm basing my theory on is the fact that multiple recent attempts at the idea of a maid cafe in America have all failed.

Incidentally, it seems they've all failed within a year, which as I've heard (...somewhere) is the hardest time for a new restaurant.

And I don't think they've failed because of women's rights activists forcing them shut with "lawsuits" (what?), because we have chains like Hooters, and the Catholic schoolgirl the... I mean, Celtic themed "Tilted Kilt" and the like running about, and existing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 12243

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I think I'd feel a bit embarrassed if my waitress acted like that serving me. Embarassed Laughing

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdo7
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5888
Location: Maryland, USA

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:13 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
I don't know about all this K/J in-fighting. The only thing I'm basing my theory on is the fact that multiple recent attempts at the idea of a maid cafe in America have all failed.

Incidentally, it seems they've all failed within a year, which as I've heard (...somewhere) is the hardest time for a new restaurant.

And I don't think they've failed because of women's rights activists forcing them shut with "lawsuits" (what?), because we have chains like Hooters, and the Catholic schoolgirl the... I mean, Celtic themed "Tilted Kilt" and the like running about, and existing.


Well there are J-pop fans that are getting jealous that K-pop is getting more attention in the west then J-pop, I would be jealous too but that would be Japan's fault for that, they're not taking pro-active measure to make J-pop available outside of Asia hence why K-pop is able to get popular around the world.

But back on topic, the maid cafe will not work in the US because:

number 1, it's strange and previous attempt to make one always fail in the end.

number 2, Japanese pop culture is not popular enough in the US to have a maid cafe. If this was a K-pop theme cafe, then it would be different because of the Korean Wave and the popularity of K-pop. A K-pop theme Cafe in the US would last longer then a maid cafe because K-pop is popular.

number 3, we're in a Korean Wave, not a Japanese Wave. So this isn't the right time to have a maid cafe outside of Asia. If this is a Japanese wave, then a maid cafe outside of Asia would be able to last for some time.

So if you want to have a maid cafe to last long in the US. Wait for Japan to have it's own hallyu meaning take the idea from South Korea (as in exporting J-pop and J-drama outside of Asia) and replicate it outside of Japan and Asia and Japanese pop culture get popular around the world and there you go. That's all I have to say.

enurtsol wrote:
I think I'd feel a bit embarrassed if my waitress acted like that serving me. Embarassed Laughing



Ok that would make me uncomfortable too like Enurtsol said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alexander55



Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 103
Location: Ontario, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
This business owner in California better beware if he's going to bring a maid cafe to America. A lot of feminist groups are going to protest this thing if it ever opens. Groups like NOW (National Organization of Women) are going to say that this thing exploits women and they're going to try to get it shut down. Groups like this don't like Hooters. I don't eat at Hooters anyway,but they're going to do this anyway because they're going to see this as exploitative towards women. They'll also try to sue him. This guy had better get an army of lawyers.


Feminists have been getting it wrong for years.
There is nothing wrong in how women are portrayed or what they wear. A lot of people of both genders choose to wear clothing that would otherwise be considered un-formal. Its their choice and nobody is forcing them.

If a young lady decides to work at a maid cafe or hooter, she is making the decision on her own accord. Nobody is coercing her or forcing her against her will. She is doing it because she may like it or want the money. That' that.

When women are denied opportunities or discriminated because of their gender, then yeah, I see a reason protest such. If its how they're portrayed in video games, anime, comics, live dramas, or because they wear suggestive outfits or work for a "questionable" job" than that's a completely different story.

1) the women in animated and comic series are fictional and no real women is being "violated."
2) Women who choose to wear suggestive clothing or work at questionable jobs do so on their own accord. Nobody is forcing them to do it nor is it degrading because its just cloting(or their sense of "style") and those in "questionable" occupations" are making money and some of them are more than likely enjoying the job.

Modern Day feminists= As bad as Neoconservatives

mdo7 wrote:
@ Shiratori1: qwerty1212 is correct, I never seen J-pop reaching the same level of popularity as K-pop did worldwide. J-pop never broke the language barrier the same way K-pop did around the world. Also I never seen J-pop doing a lot of concerts outside of Asia. Only quite a few have done it, but K-pop has done more concerts outside of Asia. K-pop on Youtube has more views then any J-pop or any anime shows video like


Both JPop and Kpop have been spreading for years. Of course, Kpop looks more notable because not only did it spread through grassroots and word of mouth just as Jpop did but also has the support of most Korean entertainment industries. The Koreans companies were really keen of expanding to markets outside of their own while many Japanese companies have been slow enough to catch up with the rest of the world. Some don't even bother with the market outside of their own, hence why they are stagnating and why the Korean entertainment industries are becoming more competitive.

Of course, Jpop, is still more popular than Kpop, despite the noise Kpop has been making. Because well, Jpop has been spreading through word of mouth and grassroots for decades. Kpop is still a young but growing pop-culture trend.

Kpop video gain more views because they cater to their demographics. Most fans don't watch Anime on Youtube. Much of the Anime content is viewed on streaming sites, both legal and illegal, which normally rake 50% of web traffic from the US alone. Crunchyroll rakes just as many visitors as Marvel.com does and that is a Disney brand.

Nobody watches Anime on Youtube because most Animes are normally taken down. Crunchyroll, and the other streaming sites already provide the source for the fanbase.

And don't underestimate Jpop. Conventions nationwide(mainly of Anime/Manga) have been gradually increasing in attendance. And we are starting to see more Anime conventions arose out of nowhere and rake in more and more people. It is unlikely Jpop will be superseded by Kpop but rather, but their popular will coincide with one another because the Koreans have been aggressively expanding their culture overseas while many Jpop fans continue to spread their pop-culture to others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LUNI_TUNZ



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 709

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Alexander55 wrote:
Feminists have been getting it wrong for years.
There is nothing wrong in how women are portrayed or what they wear.

If its how they're portrayed in video games, anime, comics, live dramas, or because they wear suggestive outfits or work for a "questionable" job" than that's a completely different story.


Modern Day feminists= As bad as Neoconservatives
Oh boy. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdo7
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5888
Location: Maryland, USA

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Alexander55 wrote:

mdo7 wrote:
@ Shiratori1: qwerty1212 is correct, I never seen J-pop reaching the same level of popularity as K-pop did worldwide. J-pop never broke the language barrier the same way K-pop did around the world. Also I never seen J-pop doing a lot of concerts outside of Asia. Only quite a few have done it, but K-pop has done more concerts outside of Asia. K-pop on Youtube has more views then any J-pop or any anime shows video like


Both JPop and Kpop have been spreading for years. Of course, Kpop looks more notable because not only did it spread through grassroots and word of mouth just as Jpop did but also has the support of most Korean entertainment industries. The Koreans companies were really keen of expanding to markets outside of their own while many Japanese companies have been slow enough to catch up with the rest of the world. Some don't even bother with the market outside of their own, hence why they are stagnating and why the Korean entertainment industries are becoming more competitive.

Of course, Jpop, is still more popular than Kpop, despite the noise Kpop has been making. Because well, Jpop has been spreading through word of mouth and grassroots for decades. Kpop is still a young but growing pop-culture trend.

Kpop video gain more views because they cater to their demographics. Most fans don't watch Anime on Youtube. Much of the Anime content is viewed on streaming sites, both legal and illegal, which normally rake 50% of web traffic from the US alone. Crunchyroll rakes just as many visitors as Marvel.com does and that is a Disney brand.

Nobody watches Anime on Youtube because most Animes are normally taken down. Crunchyroll, and the other streaming sites already provide the source for the fanbase.

And don't underestimate Jpop. Conventions nationwide(mainly of Anime/Manga) have been gradually increasing in attendance. And we are starting to see more Anime conventions arose out of nowhere and rake in more and more people. It is unlikely Jpop will be superseded by Kpop but rather, but their popular will coincide with one another because the Koreans have been aggressively expanding their culture overseas while many Jpop fans continue to spread their pop-culture to others.



uh, Funimation has it's own Youtube pages and anime is shown on Youtube also. I'm planning to watch Voltron and it's uncut counterpart, GoLion on Youtube soon.

it's true about J-pop is unique that's what I like about it, but K-pop have done many achievements that J-pop have never done:

-Peru and South Korea increased economic ties because of K-pop popularity in Peru, the vice president of Peru has said this in a interview.

-Done concerts in South America and the Middle East. I never seen J-pop artists went down to those 2 continents. K-pop was the first to do that.

-Because K-pop is mainstream in Latin America, it led to the formation of Annual Latin America K-Pop Competition. I never seen J-pop doing something similar. There is also the K-pop World festival, again I never seen a J-pop equivalent of this. When was the last time Japan ever did a J-pop festival and invite J-pop fans from all over the world to travel to Japan to take part in a contest like this??

-Gangnam Style have helped give K-pop a worldwide attention, I never seen J-pop having it's own Gangnam Style to gain international attention.

-K-pop has gotten more media coverage around the world then J-pop. I never seen J-pop getting this much media coverage, the only exception is J-rock and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has gotten western attention but I never seen EXILE, AKB48 or any other J-pop getting extensive coverage from around the world.

As a matter of fact, Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki has never performed in the US. Koda Kumi performed once in the US. Also EXILE never performed outside of Japan. I also like to add Japan has not exported a lot of J-dramas (I can only find a few on Crunchyroll and 2 on Dramafever) where Korea exported a lot of K-drama all over the world.

I'm not hating on Japan but they are losing to Korea on a international scale. K-pop artists are getting more mainstream attention in the west then J-pop. As a matter of fact because K-pop is getting more popular in the US, MTV is bringing back MTV K in the US this summer when it was first went off the air in 2007. Also channels like Arirang TV and KBS World heavily promote K-drama and K-pop programs while NHK World only has J-Melo and no J-dramas (they don't even show anime on NHK World). So that's a big different why South Korean pop culture is more known around the world then Japanese pop culture.

I'm sorry but South Korea has won the title of Cultural Superpower, Japan used to have that because of anime and manga. But because K-drama and K-pop has won huge fanbases, Korea now has that title of cultural superpower. If Japan want to have that title back, they have to start exporting J-drama (that include Tokusatsu like Super Sentai and Kamen Rider) and start promoting J-pop outside of Asia the same way Korea for K-pop and K-drama. I do think J-pop could replicate the same success like K-pop outside of Asia if done correctly with the Japanese government assistance.

Japan have to use it's soft power just like South Korea did. Export more J-dramas for international audiences, NHK World should try to broadcast J-drama just like Arirang TV and KBS World does that with K-drama for their international audiences. If Japan can export more J-dramas to Crunchyroll, Dramafever, and Viki and other legal streaming sites it can gain the same level of popularity like K-dramas.

NHK World should have more J-pop programs other then J-Melo like J-pop program similar to Simply K-pop, Showbiz Korea, Pop in Seoul, and After School club. J-pop labels like Avex, Sony music entertainment, Johnny & Associate have to know how to promote J-pop on Youtube, South Korea knows how to globalize K-pop hence why it's popular. Also put more J-pop on Itunes that include Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Koda Kumi and other top J-pop artists on there to make it easier to get. Also for J-pop concerts, do not only do anime con, J-pop labels need to make concerts on the same scale as SMTown, United Cube, and Music Bank World Tour. I think Avex's A-nation should try doing concerts outside of Japan and Asia (that include South America, Middle East, and Europe), that could give J-pop a major publicity and popularity. If Japan can replicate this carefully and successfully then EXILE and AKB48 could end up getting the same level of international popularity on the same scale as Super Junior and Girls Generation. Other J-pop group could fare well against K-pop group like:

Arashi=Japan's equivalent of SHINee
J Soul Brothers=Japan's answer to U-KISS, MBLAQ, and 2PM
Dream and Dream5= those J-pop groups could probably compete with Girl's Day, f(x)

Just like K-pop, J-pop will need to have member that can speak multiple language that include English, Spanish, Korean to make themselves able to connect to their international audiences. AKB48 dance will have to be revamp to be on par with K-pop dancing, I mean look at Girls Generation dance and compare that to AKB48 dance, the cute dance AKB48 is not going to help them outside of Japan. They'll have to dance just like K-pop group if they want to gain international audiences. Also my other concern is the quality of J-pop music video, a lot of them don't look good and not visually appealing like K-pop music video (there are some J-pop music video that are visually appealing on par with K-pop, but most of J-pop music video don't look good and have a homemade mediocre look). J-pop companies have to deal with those if they want to conquer the world just like K-pop.

Now who is Japan's equivalent of 2NE1, and who is J-pop's BigBang? Does Japan have a J-pop equivalent of 4minute? What about a J-pop's BEAST/B2ST? Who is Japan's answer to Kim Hyuna? Does J-pop have a group similar to Miss A?

If J-pop is going to go international, they're going to need to create a group that can compete with the K-pop group I mention. There are more tourist going to South Korea then Japan all because of K-drama and K-pop, if Japan can export J-drama and J-pop outside of Asia, then Japan itself will get more tourist. Also make anime cheaper when US companies license them, I heard something about acquiring anime licenses is expensive (not cheap) and that's why selling anime on DVDs in the US is hard to do with that expensive license. So Japan has to make acquiring anime licenses cheaper and easier for US companies to get.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qwerty1212



Joined: 04 May 2013
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
@ Shiratori1: qwerty1212 is correct, I never seen J-


Kpop video gain more views because they cater to their demographics. Most fans don't watch Anime on Youtube. Much of the Anime content is viewed on streaming sites, both legal and illegal, which normally rake 50% of web traffic from the US alone. Crunchyroll rakes just as many visitors as Marvel.com does and that is a Disney brand.

Nobody watches Anime on Youtube because most Animes are normally taken down. Crunchyroll, and the other streaming sites already provide the source for the fanbase.

And don't underestimate Jpop. Conventions nationwide(mainly of Anime/Manga) have been gradually increasing in attendance. And we are starting to see more Anime conventions arose out of nowhere and rake in more and more people. It is unlikely Jpop will be superseded by Kpop but rather, but their popular will coincide with one another because the Koreans have been aggressively expanding their culture overseas while many Jpop fans continue to spread their pop-culture to others.


You can say the same thing about K dramas/kpop shows. No one watches them on youtube. The majority of my friends torrent them as well or watch them from other sites that's not really known to the public. Also, I can't speak for the anime fandom vs kpop fandom, but at this point you can pretty much say that kpop is more popular than jpop. Just by the huge difference in the music video views on youtube and the amount of world scale concerts that they're holding, kpop wins hands down.

I'm more of a Jpop/anime guy at the moment (mega into supercell), so I want Jpop to do well. However, that does NOT mean i'm going to downplay how big kpop really is like what that shiratori idiot is doing. I'm just telling it like it is. The hallyu wave has been HUGE over the past few years, and blind anime otakus like him either don't realize just how big it's gotten or is just pissed off that kpop is getting more attention.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdo7
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5888
Location: Maryland, USA

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
Well Arirang TV has their own Youtube channel, and yes programs like Simply K-pop, Pop in Seoul, Showbiz Korea, and After School club episodes are on Youtube for me to watch. It's J-pop I'm concern about, J-pop label company are not putting any effort to promote J-pop worldwide. NHK World only has J-Melo, the only way to watch J-pop or any J-music, but that's not enough to expose J-pop outside of Asia. Japan can do more, if NHK World can have similar J-pop programs to Arirang TV's K-pop programs, it could help J-pop. Also as I said, Itunes don't have any top J-pop artists albums which is not good and spell doom for J-pop outside of Japan/Asia if they want to expand internationally. Japan needs to use it's soft power to promote J-pop outside of Asia if they want J-pop to replicate the same success outside of Asia like K-pop did. I do think J-pop can get a similar break-out like K-pop if Japan can follow the same method Korea did for K-pop and carefully too.

A lot of J-pop fans (that includes me) have criticized Japan and the J-pop labels for not learning anything from the K-pop explosion. Just like you said, J-pop fans are getting jealous, I would be jealous too, but that's Japan's fault for not taking the K-pop explosion seriously. J-dramas is not even being exported to western countries in huge numbers, I can only find a few J-dramas on Crunchyroll (and 2 J-dramas on Dramafever) whereas there's over 100+ K-dramas available for me to watch. This is why Japan has lost it's cultural superpower, that title is now belong to South Korea all because of K-drama and K-pop. If Japan want to win that back, they have to export large number of J-drama and export and promote J-pop the same way South Korea did for K-pop and K-drama. Japan need to cure it's Galapago syndrome, otherwise we'll never see a maid cafe outside of Japan in the future. Also EXILE and AKB48 will be forgotten and only remembered by anime fans while Super Junior and Girls Generation will be remembered in music history and by the mainstream worldwide. I already mention that MTV is going to bring back MTV K this summer so that indicates K-pop is getting more popular in the US.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrowLia
Thread KillerThread Killer


Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 2806
Location: Mexico

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote
^ Dude, this is exactly what I was talking about on the thread about Saint Seiya. This is a news article about a Maid Cafe. Why do you need to come in with your preaching about K-Pop's popularity that we all know already? And then on that one about CR in Spain you come around to speak about Korean dramas that are surely not even considered in the license agreement (the article is very clear about what is getting licensed). Heck, at least 50% of your most recent posts have all been about K-Pop, of which only 2 or 3 were on K-Pop or Korea related threads.

Seriously, we get it. You love K-Pop, and you think it's the shit. Can you please keep your K-Pop TL;DR walls of text in Korea-stuff-related news and threads? Next thing we know you'll be on the Preview Guide thread telling us why K-Pop is so popular and none of this anime are going to sell as much as K-Pop sells.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
mdo7
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5888
Location: Maryland, USA

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
^ Dude, this is exactly what I was talking about on the thread about Saint Seiya. This is a news article about a Maid Cafe. Why do you need to come in with your preaching about K-Pop's popularity that we all know already? And then on that one about CR in Spain you come around to speak about Korean dramas that are surely not even considered in the license agreement (the article is very clear about what is getting licensed). Heck, at least 50% of your most recent posts have all been about K-Pop, of which only 2 or 3 were on K-Pop or Korea related threads.

Seriously, we get it. You love K-Pop, and you think it's the shit. Can you please keep your K-Pop TL;DR walls of text in Korea-stuff-related news and threads? Next thing we know you'll be on the Preview Guide thread telling us why K-Pop is so popular and none of this anime are going to sell as much as K-Pop sells.


Dude, calm down it's called an opinion. I'm just stating my opinion. Why does it matter if I bring up K-pop and Korean pop culture, I don't see the mod or any other people making a big deal out of it. Korean pop get talk about on ANN too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrowLia
Thread KillerThread Killer


Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 2806
Location: Mexico

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote
Because being off-topic is against ANN-rules? And, to quote the topmost stickied thread on this forum

Quote:
These forums are intended to be a place to have intelligent and enjoyable conversations.

They are not intended to be a medium for individuals to repeatedly and single-mindedly campaign some cause or grievance.


I'm not telling you to stop talking about K-stuff. Do it on threads that are about K-stuff -like the one you have on the Music forum. Not on threads about Saint Seiya, Maid cafes or Spanish Crunchyroll, where K-stuff is absolutely not related to the matter at hand. Like, what's the point on coming to this thread just to say "but it's never going to be successful because it's not Korean-themed". You're sounding like RyanSaotome preaching on the Swimming Anime thread about "oh, but it's never going to be as successful as Monogatari or Madoka"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Furudanuki



Joined: 29 Jul 2006
Posts: 1874

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:03 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Dude, calm down it's called an opinion. I'm just stating my opinion. Why does it matter if I bring up K-pop and Korean pop culture, I don't see the mod or any other people making a big deal out of it. Korean pop get talk about on ANN too.

CrowLia is not the only person who has grown tired of you constantly injecting K-pop into unrelated threads.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
mdo7
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5888
Location: Maryland, USA

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:28 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Because being off-topic is against ANN-rules? And, to quote the topmost stickied thread on this forum

Quote:
These forums are intended to be a place to have intelligent and enjoyable conversations.

They are not intended to be a medium for individuals to repeatedly and single-mindedly campaign some cause or grievance.


I'm not telling you to stop talking about K-stuff. Do it on threads that are about K-stuff -like the one you have on the Music forum. Not on threads about Saint Seiya, Maid cafes or Spanish Crunchyroll, where K-stuff is absolutely not related to the matter at hand. Like, what's the point on coming to this thread just to say "but it's never going to be successful because it's not Korean-themed". You're sounding like RyanSaotome preaching on the Swimming Anime thread about "oh, but it's never going to be as successful as Monogatari or Madoka"


All right, I'll tone down on the K-pop thing (I'm getting a bit off-topic but then again I'm right about maid cafe is not going to last long in the US). But I'll say this:

This isn't the right time to set up a maid cafe in the US. Previous attempt to open up maid cafe have failed in the end. How can one opened up a maid cafe outside of Japan and last for long: Japan will need to have a Japanese Wave in order for maid cafe outside of Japan to last this long.

CrowLia, I'll gladly talk to you via private message more on why maid cafe wouldn't make sense at this time, but why a K-pop theme cafe would work better instead. Is that good enough, I'll stop talking about K-pop on this thread but I want to discuss it via private message with you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group