• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Least favorite charecters from otherwise excellent shows?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
gsilver wrote:
Revolutionary Girl Utena has Chuchu.

...I love that show, but I hate that furball.

lmao that thing was so stupid. Anime hyper
......at least it didn't talk?

Interesting there is Pike and Lillie hate about. I never really gave them a lot of thought....but towards Ahiru, I was like "with friends like these...." and of course you all know the rest.

Tutu didn't really have any characters that made me go "ajfadlkjfladkjsHATE!!!!111".
I either loved them, liked them, or felt indifferent towards them.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Linn Kaifun, Lynn Minmay's cousin/manager from Macross.

Galaxy's. Biggest. Douche.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Linn Kaifun, Lynn Minmay's cousin/manager from Macross.

Galaxy's. Biggest. Douche.

Only in the TV series! His DYRL counterpart is a hell of a lot more tolerable.
Sango chan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:13 am Reply with quote
the only one that I can think off the top of my head that annoyed me to no end not hated, but annoyed was Ryoga from Ranma 1/2.
if anyone watched that they would understand why.
Mai Yukino

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:04 am Reply with quote
I second Lynn Kaifun from Macross, I couldn't stand his character from the TV series. He's such an ingrate and a disrespectful SOB.

I was more annoyed with characters like Happosai and Kodachi Kuno from Ranma 1/2, I hated it when Happosai made things difficult for Ranma, such as doing what he can to be perverse to Ranma as a girl and that incident early in the 4th season when he purposely made Ranma literally weak in order to cause Ranma misery. I couldn't stand Kodachi because she uses Ranma like a toy for her whims without any regard for his life (such as tying him upside down, hanging from a tree, while her pet crocodile tries to snap his head off or something to that effect) and god her laugh is annoying.

I would've rated Maison Ikkoku higher if it weren't for Godai's annoying neighbors; Mrs. Ichinose, Yotsuya, and Akemi. I didn't like how they bothered him with their loud and obnoxious parties when he was trying to study to get into college early on and it continued on throughout most of the series when Godai tried to concentrate on important tasks. I also didn't like how they took advantage of Godai when he was working in bars and he always had to pay for their tab.

I wasn't too thrilled with the Earth Cultists in Legend of the Galactic Heroes, they felt more like plot device characters in all honesty and I can't forgive them for spoiler[taking the life of the series' most beloved character, Yang Wenli, when they assassinated him.]
Comet Reaper

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I didn't dislike Mao from Darker Than Black but in Gemini of the Meteor... A flying squirrel? Really? He's still a good character, but couldn't he have found another cat or something?
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
foxinthestars wrote:
Nuk and Mok (if I remember their names, Those Two Guys anyway) from Kemono no Souja Erin.

I've not read Uehashi's novel, but I believe these guys were anime creations.

You are correct, sir. The flatulence of a certain character was another brilliant innovation of the screenwriters Rolling Eyes

For me, "dirty old man" characters usually bring a show down a notch or two. Happosai is and will hopefully always be the worst of the lot, though I wasn't a fan of Muten Roshi in Dragonball, either. My one exception is Jiraiya from Naruto, but there's a lot more to him than just "old" and "dirty."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2