• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga Box sets?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:35 am Reply with quote
For the large sets it would be nice to see boxes for the larger sets like Love Hina for example. Also, the special editions like the volume 8 for Chobits would be great to see as well. As for the entire set at once ~ I would have to already know if I wanted to read the entire series and a one or two chapter sampler wouldn't cut it. My library needs to start carrying manga.
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I can def see what the rents say, but if your really interested make an experiment and if your grades drop then they have a right to cut ya. But really, me and my friend work at the mall and have A.P. classes so if you manage your time well you can handle it. Plus you can go to the Best Buy across the street after work for anime goodness...

Life is good.

Also I saw on Amazon, a Clover boxset is coming out but never heard of it again. It would be great if Tokyopop would go out and make it.

I see the point in a Love Hina box considering it's bigger than Chobits. Yea that would be cool too! Maybe with a little Naru figure. *winkwink* Tokyopop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I really like the idea of the first vol + boxset (for $5-7 more). We can then buy the manga every month till they fill up the box. I rather not spend a large sum of money all at once. Also for large vol (20+), they can seperate each like anime boxset. GTO has 2 boxset with store 5 DVD each. The Kenshin DVD has 3 boxset that are seperated by arcs. Manga companies should give us a choice like anime company for people that don't want the boset, they can just get the first vol by itself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3