• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! Anime Gets 2nd TV Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
bs3311 wrote:
I'm happy for this because I found the ending of the first season to be a bit weak, so I hope they continue you on with the story for the better and make a better/right deciding conclusion instead of saying to all the viewers that its okay to be socially inept/"aspergerish" in the social world. Its okay when your around with friends just for laughs, but doing it everytime with everybody will leave a bad impression on you and will no one will take you seriously when even thinking about your own future. I don't see the Dark Flame Master able to get a job at Mcdonalds or an exterminator Anime hyper.

I just went back and re-read then this. What the hell? As someone with aspergers I found this post very insulting. You either don't understand what aspergers is or for some reason you think we can control it. It's a high functioning autism. It's something people are born with and have no real control over. In other words, it IS okay to be "aspergerish" for people that actually have it, we can't control it. Telling us that it's not okay to be ourselves is discrimination. It's really insulting and ignorant for you to say what you did, to use that word in that way.

The internet likes to use it as a excuse to be jerks, I know, but honestly it's pretty easy to tell when they're faking it because it doesn't really come through online because it's a social disorder that mostly manifests in face-to-face situations.

Also, that wasn't what the conclusion was really saying. It was closer to "Everyone has their own way of dealing with sadness." "We all need to escape our reality sometimes".

I agree, it was very uncalled for. My best friend has Aspergers. Granted, it isn't an incredibly severe case, but there is nothing wrong with it. Quite frankly I didn't even realize anything was "wrong" until I was told he had it... years after meeting him. He just seems like a normal, kinda awkward guy. Anime hyper I do know that the bs probably meant no harm, but it still was insensitive.

I haven't watched this series yet, I'm holding out for the bluray, but I hope that the new season feels like it belongs to the series as a whole, rather than just "hey, it did pretty well, lets make another season."
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:
The "plot" of the second novel is basically spoiler[Rikka being jealous about Yuuta's old female chuuni friend hanging around him again]. It's all very random and somehow has more cringe comedy than the of the first novel. That's basically it. At one point spoiler[Rikka gets kidnapped].

If that's the case, then I hope they add more backstory to this spoiler[old flame] or at least explain why Yuuta spoiler[never mentioned her] in the 1st season.
Also, I hope they don't downgrade the other cast members just to create spoiler[a love triangle.] Not unless this spoiler[new girl] actually possess a threat to Yuuta and Rikka's relationship. But, I liked the show so, I'm glad it's back.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
Sweet anther season I cant wait for it
DKL

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote
Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought this show was about people who just really really liked to role play and never quite grew out of it... and it's only a problem if you use it to run away, but it's not bad in itself.

(and you'll probably lead a less fulfilling life if you try to deny that you actually have fun doing it... kinda like me and anime)

Of course, this is the opinion of the anime storytellers (who gained a lot of success/popularity by... doing things they seem to really love).

Not everyone will agree: some people think you should conform, "grow up" and go out there and get a respectable job. I don't know. Whatever.

(for the record, I'm a big fan of money, so I have no issue with my current track of becoming an accountant)

How is it that discussion about this show veers off into mental illness all the time?

(but then, I'm not an expert on mental illness, so maybe somebody who is can bring something interesting to the table... this is not the case a lot of the time, however)

Anyway, yeah, I'm up for more...
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote
Id honestly rather have a second season of Hyoka. That ended with no ending, and was a far more interesting show. Every time I see Chunibyo it and its characters just strike me as b level versions of Hyoka and its characters, especially the leads.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:39 am Reply with quote
In my perfect world, we'd be getting a second season of Hyouka AND Chunibyo.
Key

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
My only wondermentness is - if this is a direct sequel - I wonder how they will handle the show? After all, a large part of the juice of the first season was watching the fun of Eye Patch being deluded. spoiler[Now that that has been "solved"], I'm not sure where they are going to take things. I'll be very interested to find out, though.

I have the same concern, as the first season was a more intact story than most 12-episode series are. However, I did rate the first season as my #2 overall pick for 2012, so I am certainly still looking forward to more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:
Good news, moeblob fans! Now you can just pretend Free never happened and skip right to Chuuni 2. And while you're at it forgetting things, forget Tamako Market as well.

I feel like it is necessary to include this quote in my response to your inflammatory red herring comment.

Quote:
....opinions are like butts, everyone has one, and some do stink more than others.

Ultimately, there is nothing wrong with liking or watching "moe-type" shows or series with a moe theme, so you can take your anti-moe rhetoric and shove it.

As far as this news is concerned, I am glad that this is getting a second season (looking forward to seeing it, considering how good the first season was).
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Since Yuuta and Rikka's story is basically over, the focus this time will be on the blooming romance between Shinka and Sanae.

Right? RIGHT?!
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
bs3311 wrote:
I'm happy for this because I found the ending of the first season to be a bit weak, so I hope they continue you on with the story for the better and make a better/right deciding conclusion instead of saying to all the viewers that its okay to be socially inept/"aspergerish" in the social world. Its okay when your around with friends just for laughs, but doing it everytime with everybody will leave a bad impression on you and will no one will take you seriously when even thinking about your own future. I don't see the Dark Flame Master able to get a job at Mcdonalds or an exterminator Anime hyper.

I just went back and re-read then this. What the hell? As someone with aspergers I found this post very insulting. You either don't understand what aspergers is or for some reason you think we can control it. It's a high functioning autism. It's something people are born with and have no real control over. In other words, it IS okay to be "aspergerish" for people that actually have it, we can't control it. Telling us that it's not okay to be ourselves is discrimination. It's really insulting and ignorant for you to say what you did, to use that word in that way.

The internet likes to use it as a excuse to be jerks, I know, but honestly it's pretty easy to tell when they're faking it because it doesn't really come through online because it's a social disorder that mostly manifests in face-to-face situations.

Also, that wasn't what the conclusion was really saying. It was closer to "Everyone has their own way of dealing with sadness." "We all need to escape our reality sometimes".

Technically Aspergers doesn't exist anymore. It's all just autism now:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57556754/aspergers-syndrome-dropped-from-american-psychiatric-association-manual/
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Shiratori1 wrote:
Kohii wrote:
Good news, moeblob fans! Now you can just pretend Free never happened and skip right to Chuuni 2. And while you're at it forgetting things, forget Tamako Market as well.

I feel like it is necessary to include this quote in my response to your inflammatory red herring comment.

Quote:
....opinions are like butts, everyone has one, and some do stink more than others.

Ultimately, there is nothing wrong with liking or watching "moe-type" shows or series with a moe theme, so you can take your anti-moe rhetoric and shove it.

As far as this news is concerned, I am glad that this is getting a second season (looking forward to seeing it, considering how good the first season was).

Moe is not a theme. It is not a message. It's just an ideal designed to appeal to men intimidated by real women.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:

Moe is not a theme. It is not a message. It's just an ideal designed to appeal to men intimidated by real women.

Boy it sure would be nice to have threads around here that didn't involve people competing to see how many insulting non-sequiturs they could toss around.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I think Moe Dramas have about as much worth as any Lifetime Movie Of The Week. If you're not a pervert and you just happen to like arbitrarily tragic drama then it's whatever. But I personally prefer a story wherein the emotion comes naturally rather than from bags of sadness piled around a false ideal.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, i'll be interested in watching both this and first season when the new season is completed. Wow, we now know of 3 KyoAni upcoming anime. Still most excited for Kyoukai no Kanata. I may be the only one, but want to see that anime more than anything.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Boy it sure would be nice to have threads around here that didn't involve people competing to see how many insulting non-sequiturs they could toss around.

Actually, I take that back. Moe has been a theme of comedies before going by definition:

"The subject of a talk, a piece of writing, a person's thoughts, or an exhibition; a topic."

Moe, for example, was a theme of Lucky Star. But it's rarely a theme in Moe dramas. And its deeper implications are rarely explored.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4