• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kill La Kill Anime Reunites Gurren Lagann Director, Writer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vylash

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Sucks this has Aniplex behind it. Oh well.
Yeah, sucks that a studio that only has one ONA series, one OVA, and a PV to their name has one of the biggest production companies behind their first TV series, such a travesty.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Vylash wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Yeah, sucks that a studio that only has one ONA series, one OVA, and a PV to their name has one of the biggest production companies behind their first TV series, such a travesty.
You're right, it is a travesty. It's going to be an costly purchase when it comes to home video release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote
partysmores wrote:
I actually enjoy yuri subtext; it allows for little fluffy PG-13 innuendo that's still safe to watch around family and things, whether then all of a sudden say, the two leads getting it on creating an awkward moment for everyone. I like to use my imagination.

Yes, that's true. Homosexual romance can only be subtext/innuendo or hardcore sex scenes. Unlike heterosexual romance which can have romantic development and storylines outside of sex, homosexual romance is stuck with only two extremes. Such a shame.

darkchibi07 wrote:

Haha, I was thinking the same thing about Hayate x Blade (why is Hayashibara hesitant about it being an anime series?) and maybe shades of Black Rock Shooter. Considering one will be using some sort of scissors blade as a weapon, I better see some scissoring action!

Is she the reason though? I assume it's simply an issue of no production committee wanting to make it.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
You're right, it is a travesty. It's going to be an costly purchase when it comes to home video release.

I'm so sorry you MIGHT have to pay more than $40 per cour of anime. By the way, how much will the U.S. release cost of this, anyway? The rest of us are stuck in the present date and have no inside information, but you clearly are either from the future or already know their U.S. release plans and that it will definitely be Aniplex USA rather than, say, Sentai or NISA, so please, give us all the juicy details.

Last edited by HitokiriShadow on Wed May 08, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote
So, we're now having people complain about how much this could cost in the US (With no REAL FACTS to back it up) before the show even airs in Japan?

Words cannot even begin to describe how ridiculous this is. Stay classy ANN.

ANN's insane ability to go on the oddest things aside, this sounds quite promising already. Having some of the Gurren Lagann staff on this project, there is no way I'm not going to be hyped for this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of Trigger's stuff (and by stuff I mean the Inferno Cop shorts they made, and I guess Panty and Stocking which is what they did before splitting from Gainax) but if this ends up being normal anime like it looks to be then I'll give it a shot.
Vylash

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:39 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
I'm not a fan of Trigger's stuff (and by stuff I mean the Inferno Cop shorts they made, and I guess Panty and Stocking which is what they did before splitting from Gainax) but if this ends up being normal anime like it looks to be then I'll give it a shot.
You haven't seen Little Witch Academia?
totoum

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Vylash wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Never mind the fact that if aniplex wasn't willing to invest in this there might be nothing to purchase in the first place.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Vylash wrote:

Oh, they did that? I forgot they did. That was alright too, I guess. If it ends up being more like that than their other stuff then that might be alright.
partysmores

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Oh boy, Aniplex, I can't wait to pay $600 for the inevitable Aniplex USA release.

Who knows? Maybe an anime company that doesn't suck will license it. Just because it's Aniplex doesn't mean that Aniplex USA will license it.
totoum

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:49 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Vylash wrote:

Oh, they did that? I forgot they did. That was alright too, I guess. If it ends up being more like that than their other stuff then that might be alright.

There's gurren lagann as well (I know it's in the article title but since you didn't mention it I figured I'd bring it up just in case)
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Idk why I got this Black Rock Shooter vibe from that brief synopsis. But anyways, looking forward to it.

Kill La Kill: What BRS should have been.

Hyped as long as this:
Quote:
On a campus ruled by force, a transfer student wielding a Basami sword brings about upheaval.

isn't some stereotypical anime dude who is the protagonist. That would totally kill this anime for me. (If there's some kind of confirmation that this isn't the case at all that I missed, please tell me)
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:

isn't some stereotypical anime dude who is the protagonist. That would totally kill this anime for me. (If there's some kind of confirmation that this isn't the case at all that I missed, please tell me)

So you didn't even read the article? Which makes it clear the protagonist is a girl named Ryuko.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Well, now there's no point in an LWA TV series; this sounds like the same thing with different superpowers.

Still hyped, obviously.
Ginsan

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
This could be good! There is still hope for the industry after all
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Red Fox of Fire wrote:

So you didn't even read the article? Which makes it clear the protagonist is a girl named Ryuko.

No, it says the story centers around Ryuko and Satsuki. I don't mean to sound all pessimistic, I've just been disappointed from stuff like this before.

If you're talking about the image, I didn't, because I can't read Japanese.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5