Forum - View topic
INTEREST: K-ON! (Nearly) Life-Size Stickers Sold in US$540 Bundle of 5


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DKL



Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 1868
Location: California, USA
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
ScumbagYoshi wrote:


Yo...

The plot sounds amazing for some reason and I'm reading it now.

EDIT:

Quote:
Leaving not a single trace of evidence. This is my justice.


Amazing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ScumbagYoshi



Joined: 30 Apr 2013
Posts: 140
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
ScumbagYoshi wrote:


Yo...

The plot sounds amazing for some reason and I'm reading it now.

EDIT:

Quote:
Leaving not a single trace of evidence. This is my justice.


Amazing


Haha. It's pretty good, actually. That's why I linked it. ^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
getchman
He started itHe started it


Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 8146
Location: Cheshire, CT
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
it had something to do with a Jewel Seed figure, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
DKL



Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 1868
Location: California, USA
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:54 pm Reply with quote
ScumbagYoshi wrote:


Haha. It's pretty good, actually. That's why I linked it. ^^


This is probably the most interesting thing that has come out of this topic, so I thank you.

(that said, I do kinda dig the idea of K-On stickers, but the poses come across as a little wonky to me for some reason... except maybe Mugi, maybe... but I think they did it because of like space reasons or whatever)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rahxephon91



Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Posts: 1796
Location: Park Forest IL.
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Zac's the hero we need, not the one we deserve.

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Fri May 10, 2013 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
getchman
He started itHe started it


Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 8146
Location: Cheshire, CT
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Zac's the hero need, not the one we deserve.


So now he's Batman?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Zac
ANN Executive Editor


Joined: 05 Jan 2002
Posts: 7633
Location: Anime News Network Technodrome
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

I haven't insulted anyone who hasn't given me intense provocation.


"Mildly disagreeing with you" is apparently "intense provocation".

Please don't make my life harder by suggesting that someone insulting you should be banned. You're fair game given the way you treat other people around here. Not 2 threads up you're screaming obscenities at people who don't agree with you about yuri.

I need to hire a babysitter for you because this is getting real old.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime
Myaow



Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
One problem is that by you doing it, you legitimize it, causing others with your general opinion to repeat it here in the forums.


Fencedude!!! I know this debate is important to you and you are upset! But at this point Zac has already admitted he was out of line, promised never to do it again, told you that he doesn't want to do things to make you sad AND gotten rid of that one creepy dude who calls women "females" all the time! So I think it's probably time you said "ok I forgive you, I'm happy this isn't gonna happen anymore" and let the argument end here! It doesn't look good for you to keep pushing it at this point so let's all just hug it out, go out for froyo and watch some anime together, okay? I'm tired of threads about cute funny nerdy things turning into scary slapfights!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
egoist
Crazy FangirlCrazy Fangirl


Joined: 20 Jun 2008
Posts: 7760
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:44 pm Reply with quote
But it's okay since cute nerdy things like me still exist!

I live in the basement of mum's house, can't get more originally nerdy!

Fencedood just needs a good friend, maybe I could teach him kamasutra. Come here dude, we start with inusutra.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Buster Blader 126



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 1166
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Yikes, that's pretty expensive for a sticker, no matter how large it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3653
Location: Louisville, KY
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Zac's the hero need, not the one we deserve.


So now he's Batman?


yes, zac is the bataman the true dark-knight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
Wooga
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Posts: 898
Location: Tucson
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:21 am Reply with quote
Ok, so I guess I'm late to this artice, I just wanted to point out that these stickers are called 'charapeta', made out of cloth (i think the flocked kind but not sure) and come in different sizes. I think these are more expensive because they're more of a limited edtion thing.

if anyone is interested.

I don;t see how it's so strange. They made life-size decals of Merrida from the movie Brave.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52



Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Posts: 8036
Location: England, UK
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:15 am Reply with quote
Odd looking uniforms they're wearing. Top kit looks like a hotel bus boy, and the trousers and boots look like for a shop floor of a tractor factory.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yu3lora



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 288
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:59 am Reply with quote
God knows how much I want that... WHY IS THAT STICKER SO EXPENSIVE! Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
v1cious



Joined: 31 Dec 2002
Posts: 5358
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
Timeenforceranubis wrote:
Zac wrote:

So your point is that you explained to me how you take all this stuff way too seriously and have no sense of humor about it, and you can't understand why that isn't quite enough to make me go "hey man, I really shouldn't make dumb throwaway jokes about beatin' off to moe girls"? Your hypersensitivity and total lack of humor about it is precisely what makes it funny.

Tell you what - I'll never make another joke about moe fans jerkin' it if you admit that you're particularly humorless about this and just can't handle even the most basic and mild joke about it.


Question, Zac: Why do we gotta laugh at ourselves all the time?

Moe fans are constantly accused of pedophilia, misogyny, sexual deviancy, and objectification, are unfairly judged as people based on what they do for leisure, and are generally treated like second-class citizens within the anime fandom. When everyone's already laughing at us and calling moe fans a whole lot of awful things, what on Earth makes you think we're suddenly going to be lighthearted about this?

You lose your humor about this crap pretty fast when you're being called a pedophile because of the cartoons you like.


Moetaku: The Tea Party of anime fandom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group