• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell Arise Anime's 1st Full Trailer Streamed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Looking pretty good. There's definently a lot of the visual style I've come to expect from GiTS and the music is pretty good. Hopefully the story delivers, and hopefully this gets picked up for a western release sooner rather than later.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
Looks more promising than it first appeared, though I'm still not sold on the new character designs.
vinamara

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
Okay this officially looks sick. I want to watch this dubbed so bad.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
vinamara wrote:
Okay this officially looks sick. I want to watch this dubbed so bad.
GITS has one of the like 5 dubs (out of hundreds I've seen) that I actually prefer over the Japanese. It's such a great dub. I cannot wait to see this
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
Is this in continuity with SAC? I seem to recall that Major didn't meet Saitou until she was in an adult body and in the military and that Togusa was still new to the unit when Major was in her adult body.

Nice to know World War IV was nuke free, at least. Especially after that terrible World War III, which apparently was fighting Black Adam.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
karyuudo0127

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:35 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Is this in continuity with SAC? I seem to recall that Major didn't meet Saitou until she was in an adult body and in the military and that Togusa was still new to the unit when Major was in her adult body.

Nice to know World War IV was nuke free, at least. Especially after that terrible World War III, which apparently was fighting Black Adam.

Nope, Arise is in a new universe altogether. The whole production team sounded pretty worried when they were told that they were breaking off from SAC. I really do hope they go back to SAC in the future and add at least one more story to it.
darkninjawill
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:45 am Reply with quote
karyuudo0127 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Nope, Arise is in a new universe altogether. The whole production team sounded pretty worried when they were told that they were breaking off from SAC. I really do hope they go back to SAC in the future and add at least one more story to it.

I actually think it's a good thing this is it's own continuity so if it bombs Hey, at least it doesn't mess with SAC's canon.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:57 am Reply with quote
Looks promising. I might have to re-watch one of the movies to get into the feeling of GITS again but definitely excited for its debut.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:07 am Reply with quote
Hell yeah, I can't wait to see this. It's been ages since we had a really good sci-i TV series.
PrettyKitty$$$$$

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:39 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm totally excited for this. I hope whoever licenses it is able to get the original SAC cast back. This is one of the few shows I also prefer dubbed.
IkariGendo

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:01 am Reply with quote
Linked trailer to the Arise channel is 480p, embedded from Bandai Channel is 360p.

CinemaToday, AnimeAnime and some other channel uploaded it with a 2 hour delay (slightly longer running time due to the still ads at the end) but in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hulAZGTEY3c
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:39 am Reply with quote
Okay, THAT looks badass. Very Happy

On the subject of the eventual dub, I have to wonder: Do you really think Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is the right voice for this new Motoko? As much as I love her, I can't help but think her voice just isn't suited for Motoko in her younger years. Perhaps they can get her to play Kurutsu, though.

I'm sure Richard Epcar will play Batou until the day he dies, though. Laughing
ScumbagYoshi

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote
Maaya Sakamoto <3

Only thing to be excited for IMO.
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:03 am Reply with quote
Looks promising... but I'm not digging the AU character redesign (Hello High School Motoko!) of The Major; her original SAC character design is iconic.

SAC "Bad Ass" Major > Arise "High School" Major
ScumbagYoshi

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote
CareyGrant wrote:
Looks promising... but I'm not digging the AU character redesign (Hello High School Motoko!) of The Major; her original SAC character design is iconic.

SAC "Bad Ass" Major > Arise "High School" Major

I'm not that big on character design unless it's just god awful, so I never really understood the appeal of Motoko's original character design besides the fact that she was pretty much wearing a militarized version of a swimsuit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3