• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"Phantom of The Opera" Meets "My Neighbor Totoro": Sarah Brightman

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
(The title's somewhat exaggerating, but that's just me trying to grab you for a minute Wink)

As some of you might know, about a month ago (here in the U.S., anyway) "p'opera" artist and orignator of the role of Christine Daae in Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera Sarah Brightman released Dreamchaser, her first new studio album in five years.

As most, if not all, of you know, critically acclaimed film director Hayao Miyazaki featured a song that he'd written and composed in one of his movies, My Neighbor Totoro. Generally, his films are known to feature songs that he himself composed with Joe Hisaishi, a well-known film music composer for over thirty years.

How do these three people pertain to each other? Interestingly, Brightman provided a cover of "Kaze no Torimichi", one of the songs featured in My Neighbor Totoro, as one of the tracks on her new album, granted that it is only a bonus track available only in certain parts of the world.

I'm wondering what the anime world thinks of this? You have the original without lyrics to compare to this cover with lyrics?

Personally, I enjoy it as one of my favorite tracks on the album, however you can't as much understand the lyrics being sung.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1