• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The World God Only Knows' 3rd Season to Cover Goddesses Arc

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrangeVision

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:53 am Reply with quote
Skipping is pretty lame. I guess it gives me a good excuse to try out the manga though.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:46 am Reply with quote
Even if it skips I worry about how much of the Goddess arc will actually be covered, since the arc itself is long as hell. Plus there's a fair amount of down times in the arc...

I do hope they don't skip too many girls, it kinda defeats the point of the anime if you start skipping 'unimportant' girls :/
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:54 am Reply with quote
Manglobe just skips around in the Hayate story too (like Athena just showed up this season randomly), so this doesn't surprise me.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:08 am Reply with quote
The whole godess arc?? thats greay! posted in previous announcements that I hope they skipped a few of the pointless arcs and I guess they will :p I just really wanted to see Tsukiyo'sand Minami's conquest though :/ HopefullyMinami isnt skipped. Tsukiyo CAN'T be skipped.
Wait, so its fr sure that the season will only have 12 episodes?
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:21 am Reply with quote
Given that I didn't remember some of the arcs before the goddess arc, this kind of sucks as I would have liked a bit of a refresher but oh well... I just wonder how long this season will be given the length of the arc and how well they adapt it. From what I can remember I don't recall them making too huge of mistakes and just used two filler episodes to count as 'ending' episodes for each season.
-MgZ_

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:23 am Reply with quote
Very great news. But... how? Don't skip ramen girl please Sad
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
I don't know how they're going to do this, the summer arcs and the three captures before the Jupiter sisters contain at least 2 very plot important captures that can't be skipped.

While I'm glad they're animating a good arc they shouldn't skip the build up to the Goddess arc. I can only hope they go the ova route with the material they skipped.
myskaros

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:31 pm Reply with quote
It should be noted that "Goddesses Arc" doesn't necessarily mean the entire overarching storyline starting with Tenri's conquest and ending with spoiler[uniting the goddesses/saving all the captured girls]. It could just be "Keima finds out about the goddesses and starts contemplating them," which is the general theme until spoiler[Apollo is revealed]. That could possibly be done in 24 episodes if they don't redo Tenri's conquest and they skip the filler chapters, although it would be very tight/rushed.
FenrirMoridin

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Well, can't say I'm surprised considering how popular the Goddess arc is, but I am a bit saddened. Not because they're seemingly skipping crucial parts, as I imagine they're going to to find a way to slip those in considering how essential they are to the story (and in one part's case how Keima will act during part of the Goddess arc). No, what saddens me are a couple of the arcs they're probably going to skip are pretty much non-essential but rank among the better arcs in my opinion. I especially liked the summer trip to the country arc for spoiler[how it demonstrated why the loose spirits go for younger girls] and Minami's (the swimming girl's) arc for spoiler[how unfulfilling it showed a capture that went "by the book"]-although neatly self-contained (and thus easily removed) it was one of the first arcs that showed Keima's development as a character.

I small part of me wonders, though, if they're gonna diverge significantly from the manga, as I've always suspected that spoiler[the two capture targets not showcased yet that hold goddesses were not the initial goddess hosts the mangaka had planned and that he decided to put the goddesses in them instead because he liked their characters more, felt he could do more with them, or that the readers would respond better to them as the goddess hosts instead of his originally planned hosts.] Honestly a small part of me hopes this is the case as I've never minded when an adaptation veers away somewhat from the source material (plus if it's successful it would give them the excuse of later on adapting the rest of the manga in the right order...a crack dream I know, but it's not like the hoping costs me anything).
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I am really worried about this since Manglobe hasn't done two cours in least a few years and the Goddess arc itself would need 2 cours to do properly, and if they skip Tsukiyo's and Yui's capture arcs then they are skipping plot-important story.

I hope more than this is 2 cour with the important girls included and maybe a few of the other girls as filler, and they leave it with a cliffhanger with spoiler[Kanon/Apollo being stabbed] (big spoiler in there)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2