• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Plans Attack on Titan on Home Video in 2014

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlaking

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
was C3 ever actually fully licensed?

Nope, FUNi only got the streaming rights for C3.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:25 am Reply with quote
Personally I think Funi does a generally fantastic job with their casting, ofcourse like all of them they're not perfect, but for the most part I've been a huge fan of their dubs and casting most of the time. Though I'll admit I'm probably biased since they've been my favorite (along with old Animaze and some of the other big Bandai dubs), though that's not to say I don't love a ton of Sentai/old ADV and Viz's dubs etc.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quote
As an older fan of anime I find myself both glad and sad about the timing of releases. Lately by the time Funimation or another company gets around to rolling out an series I wanted to see I don't care anymore. Some of these shows I've watched parts of- I've seen ten episodes of Guilty Crown and waiting so long for an official release I know when it does come out I won't buy it. Others I haven't. When the show did have my interest I couldn't buy it and years later I find I don't want it.

Most series just end up getting replaced by something else. I wish the time between air-date and release was faster.

I know there is a lot of red tape in matters like these but will there ever be a glorious day when it doesn't take a year or two to get a release? I'd be willing to pay more for a speedier release.

As for the dub issue- I also agree Greg Ayers would be terrible as Eren. I don't even want to see a dub truthfully. A sub only release would suit me just fine. I really don't want to pay for a dub I don't want but what can you do....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I know there is a lot of red tape in matters like these but will there ever be a glorious day when it doesn't take a year or two to get a release? I'd be willing to pay more for a speedier release.

Sure! We just have to have parity in Japanese versus American BD prices. Either we go up or they come down, the first seems more likely and is already beginning.
bunnyfoofoo05

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:

Also, I've been imagining Johnny Yong Bosch as the voice of Eren. Hm.

I've pretty much had my fingers crossed for JYB getting cast as Levi from day 1, buuuuut i'm aware that the chances are pretty much slim to none. Womp-womp Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4