• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Man-Faye

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:07 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Vekou wrote:

'Cause that civil rights stuff is a bunch of crap. Contrary to his claims, women certainly do not enjoy more freedoms than men when it comes to public exposure. Men can legally walk around shirtless in public (in this state, at least) and women cannot. Just pointing that out.

They can in New York City.

I'm not kidding, either. It's legal there.

Ladies also can flash their tops in Hawaii Beaches. But ya gotta keep the bikini briefs on.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:09 am Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Juniper wrote:

Dumb question: Is she trying to cosplay as that Fat Chick (Baya-San?) from Crying Freeman?

Okay, that is just [expletive] disgusting. Wait, that's probably Man-Faye's wife. Laughing

Okay, anyone with some sentient thought can answer?
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:19 am Reply with quote
Zakuro1208 wrote:

Hey. He said he wore a thong. ._o Thong = underwear.

Laughing That's a matter of opinion (*cough* like hell it is. *cough*)

I caught a glimpse of Man-Faye in 03, and won't deny for a second that that hairy ass was a scaring image. (Thank god sweaty hot J-rockers at the Duel Jewel concert helped me forget that. Wink )

Though I haven't gotten a chance to attend Expo since then, I've heard that Man-Faye has indeed dropped a lot of weight, and I commend the effort. With less fat around his legs, those hot-pants will probably tend not to ride-up as high. I say Expo should give him one last chance to wear the costume, and if there's another complaint, then that's the end of it. But until there is, just let the guy have fun, and all of you just stop bitching about it - because it really is none of your damn business. This is like trying to tell a goth kid that he shouldn't wear black - it's pointless.

If you think he's ugly, then don't stare at him, dumbass.

...Smile
This thread is dieing, someone please take it out with a really big bang. Bye-bye!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
xstylus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:20 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

It's funny that you're willing to go after Man-Faye when a non-attendee complains about him, but when people who've been going to AX for years complain about your bootlegging vendors, crowded dealer rooms and slow lines, you just take their money and shrug it off. You obviously have the resources to go after a lone crossplayer, but you can't seem to provide a more convenient convention experience. Why is that?

The dealer hall bootlegging issue was fixed in 2004. There haven't been bootlegs since, and there is now a zero tolerance policy on them. Was there still a problem that we weren't made aware of?

As for the crowded dealer rooms, next year we will be enlarging the dealer room aisles to help alleviate this problem, and may perhaps use two exhibit halls for 2006.

As for the long wait times, we're doing what we can. We'll keep trying new things each year to alleviate the lines (within reason) until something works. We don't like long lines any more than you do.

And to those of you who don't feel that AX cares, come join our staff and see how wrong you are. To those of you who feel you could do better, again, come join our staff and help us fix it. Contact me privately and I'll inform you of the next meeting.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:40 pm Reply with quote
xstylus wrote:
As for the long wait times, we're doing what we can. We'll keep trying new things each year to alleviate the lines (within reason) until something works. We don't like long lines any more than you do.

LineCon?

xstylus wrote:
And to those of you who don't feel that AX cares, come join our staff and see how wrong you are. To those of you who feel you could do better, again, come join our staff and help us fix it. Contact me privately and I'll inform you of the next meeting.

I couldn't agree more. Believe it or not, convention staff do care. If you didn't want more anime stuff, then you wouldn't have to worry about us. They're there for you.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:02 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
somewere theres video from AX04 of him saying "Im proud of my hairy ass" and other funny shit.

ah ok I found it

http://www.cosplaymemories.com/AnimeExpo2004/index.htm

3rd vid from the bottom.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:03 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Feye is the man. Cool How long have I been waiting for this moment to come , to see ANN have an interview. I salute you ANN! Smile

Last edited by MasterFuu on Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
alangaruku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote
As an AX attendee, I support Man-Faye!
My problems have been with AX itsef, not
Man-Faye. Even though there are a few big
problems with AX, I don't hold it against them ...yet... hee hee
Ax is is still the best convention, and I have faith that
they are doing the best to make next years AX even better.
As long as AX improves, and Man-Faye is there,
I will continue to be a loyal AX attendee.
alangaruku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:13 pm Reply with quote
xstylus wrote:
GATSU wrote:

It's funny that you're willing to go after Man-Faye when a non-attendee complains about him, but when people who've been going to AX for years complain about your bootlegging vendors, crowded dealer rooms and slow lines, you just take their money and shrug it off. You obviously have the resources to go after a lone crossplayer, but you can't seem to provide a more convenient convention experience. Why is that?

The dealer hall bootlegging issue was fixed in 2004. There haven't been bootlegs since, and there is now a zero tolerance policy on them. Was there still a problem that we weren't made aware of?

As for the crowded dealer rooms, next year we will be enlarging the dealer room aisles to help alleviate this problem, and may perhaps use two exhibit halls for 2006.

See AX does care! Anime smile
At the AX forums, they answer my question quickly!
It even has a feedback/Suggestion Box, and a forum to
suggest what guest(s) you would like to see come to AX.
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Long interview? Long thread! Wow Bamboo, that was definitely one of the best articles I've read in a long time. It was really amazing.
I'm personally not too bent upon seeing anyone wearing a revealing costume, regardless of personal characteristics. I've recently held back on going to cons, even small ones, because I just don't want to see too much. I also think there should be concrete written rules for cosplaying, just so nothing unfair happens when a staff member makes up rules. It doesn't matter to me whether a person is a model or not, I don't really fancy seeing anyone in a Faye costume. That's not to say I hate man-Faye, (I think it's funny) but maybe set a few rules aside. The AX staff could put the cosplay competition in a room with a notice or forewarning, just so no one is caught off-guard. It's a convention for every fan, and fans should have the right to walk into a room with Faye cosplayers with prior notice. Younger teens/pre-teens should be able to go to a convention without seeing hentai shown on huge screens everywhere, and its similar with some of the cosplay pictures I've seen. They weren't ugly, but just revealing. A special room for that, I think. I didn't go eeewwwwwwww when I saw the pictures in the article, but if it was sprung up, I might have a brief shock. If he's going to be banned with the costume, so should other people who are wearing equally revealing clothes.
Sketchee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I hope there's a followup interview with Anime Expo, because they sound like they have some explaining to do
Sketchee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote
xstylus wrote:
Yeah, there are girls that wear much more revealing outfits. People don't complain, thus we let them go. We're not the Fashion Police, the attendees are. At 2004 I saw a guy in the oh-so-populated dealer hall who was in NOTHING but tightie-whities and a fig leaf (Happatai cosplay, I think) which I would chalk as riskier than Man-Faye's outfit, but no-one complained so we were cool with it.

Wow, that is ABSOLUTELY the worst policy ever heard. Now that I've seen it written down it's awfully discriminatory. Like Man-Faye said, people can complain about black people, homosexuals, etc. Wow, I can't believe you had the nerve to put that in writing.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Man-Faye is a disgrace to cosplayers everywhere. Anime Expo was right in throwing his sorry ass out. The police should've arrested him on the spot for creating a disturbance outside afterwards. This man is complete scum; I don't care how much of a celebrity or icon this moron thinks he is - he was asking to be banned. I fully support AX's decision.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Sketchee wrote:
xstylus wrote:
Yeah, there are girls that wear much more revealing outfits. People don't complain, thus we let them go. We're not the Fashion Police, the attendees are. At 2004 I saw a guy in the oh-so-populated dealer hall who was in NOTHING but tightie-whities and a fig leaf (Happatai cosplay, I think) which I would chalk as riskier than Man-Faye's outfit, but no-one complained so we were cool with it.

Wow, that is ABSOLUTELY the worst policy ever heard. Now that I've seen it written down it's awfully discriminatory. Like Man-Faye said, people can complain about black people, homosexuals, etc. Wow, I can't believe you had the nerve to put that in writing.

Get over it. The guy (Man-Faye) is a complete... just read above.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8